[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Half Life 1 and 2 are immersive because you can't skip

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: compressed-cnpl.jpg (84KB, 1426x893px) Image search: [Google]
compressed-cnpl.jpg
84KB, 1426x893px
>Half Life 1 and 2 are immersive because you can't skip cutscenes

>Deus ex isn't immersive because you can skip cutscenes

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

Half Lifefags explain yourselves
>>
>>378726087
Half Life is one of the few games even more overrated than Halo and FF7
>>
File: 1453708883959.jpg (15KB, 366x392px) Image search: [Google]
1453708883959.jpg
15KB, 366x392px
>>378726087
Can you skip cutscenes in real life? No you can't.
>>
>>378727260
>He doesn't know

ayy
>>
That's now what people say. People argue that half life's cutscenes are more immersive as they don't take control away from you or shift camera angles or perspectives.
>>
there are cutscenes in half life? Theres like slow intro and the gman talk at the end. Thats all
>>
Half Lives only have cutscenes at the beginning and end.
>>
>>378727474
But I find Deus Ex more immersive than either Half Life game because I have more interest in my character than Gordon "Nohomo" Freeman.
>>
>>378727693
Not to mention Deus Ex is an Immersive Sim along with the likes of Ultima Underworld, System Shock, and Thief. All games that pushed systems-driven interaction with the game world in an organic fashion.

The first person cutscenes in Half Life were certainly immersive, but not as immersive as being able to craft your own solutions to problems using the realistic logic and (primitive) physics in Deus Ex.
>>
>>378727474
>jumping on tables hitting random shit and waiting for when you're able to leave the room while you ignore some chick who talks to you is immersive
>>
>>378727693
Different people get immersed in different ways. The concept of a cinematic shooter was uncharted territory when Half Life came out. The fact it felt so cinematic despite never taking control away, and being a tightly constructed linear shooter without overwhelming handholding was a revelation and 99% of games that followed suit never even matched it either.

On the other side of the spectrum you have Deus Ex which was immerse because it tossed the concept of cinematic in the trash and focused on interlocking gameplay systems for the player to experiment with, lending it a sense of freedom no other games had at that point either except other immersive sims like SS2. They're both highly immersive for different reasons and both suit their goals well.
>>
File: 1491837943933.jpg (220KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1491837943933.jpg
220KB, 1280x1280px
>>378727260
>not walking away mid-conversation when you feel like it's going nowhere and you're bored to tears
>>
What an absolute retard. Just make a thread with the first thought that crosses your mind. You don't deserve an argument. Bump.
>>
>>378727621
>>378727653
these, half live was recognized for its greatness of not having cut scenes but an in engine narrative
>>
Both games are masterpieces
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.