[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What in the FUCK happened to street fighter and tekken? How did

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: JUST.png (221KB, 435x1254px) Image search: [Google]
JUST.png
221KB, 435x1254px
What in the FUCK happened to street fighter and tekken? How did these games which basically both revolutionized and dominated their respective genre come to get bodied by an anime fighter and a fucking western fighter?

What the fuck went wrong?
>>
Time. 3d fighters will be popular again in 5-10 years. Chill out. If you still like Tekken play Tekken. Why in the FUCK do you give give a remote shit about ratings?
>>
>>378724925
Street fighter was always anime though.
>>
>>378725027

Because they speak a lot. SF5 got rushed, shit ratings. Tekken took its sweet, sweet, sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet fucking time (way overboard), shit ratings. Both franchises have lost their footing.
>>
Why does it even matter? TTT2 is infinitely better, just play that.
>>
>>378725306

That's like saying "why does it matter if sf5 is shit? just play sf4".

Because it's dead and irrelevant, plus the franchise could potentially die.
>>
>>378724925

So in the end both tekken and sf ended up being the same rushed shit, funny. At least capcbros actually have an excuse, tekkenfags on suicide watch.
>>
Injustice 2 deserves all the points it gets, it's great

Is guilty gear really an anime fighter tho?
>>
>>378724925
aksys and nrs actually put content in their games
>>
>>378724925

Not enough single player content. Thats why the critics gave both games bad scores. Thats it.
>>
>>378726910

how the fuck there isn't enough singleplayer if tekken 7 has a story mode as well as a gorillion customization options? Isn't that the same as injustice 2?
>>
>>378724925
this>>378726910

The critics actually praised both Tekken7's and SVF's combat as excellent, it's just that they didn't had enough content to please the casuals (and SFV also had brolen online)

I can accept this for SFV as Capcon is nearly bankrupt, but I have no idea how Tekken couldn't have sone extra modes after all this time.
>>
>>378727175
read up the reviews, apparently everyone compared it to Injustice 2's single player content: the story mode wasnt as good as in IJ2, and it had some more modes. The game was also said to be too difficult to get into.
>>
>Some meaningless reviews by casual players
>Scores are barely different by a few points
Bait for idiots.
>>
>>378726893
You just have to pay $170 for all of it.
>>
File: 1456093767139.png (1MB, 1400x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1456093767139.png
1MB, 1400x1000px
>>378725498
>the franchise could possibly die
You obviously dont know shit about fighting games anon. Love it or hate it, Street Fighter is the Vanilla in the fighting game genre. The standard, the basical bitch. Out of all the amazing fighting games out there, SF will always out last them all. Kekken is a distant second (I would have said Virtua Fighter, but thata basically DoA).Its survived shit shows before (3rd strike sold abysmally no matter what the fanbase says), this isnt any different. Besides the recent updates have been fun. Loving Ed so far
>>
>>378725306
Fucking everyone hates TT2 now. The game is trash, Tag mechanic is idiotic, overbloated roster is tedious and people only kept playing it because new Tekken was that late.
>>
>>378724925
>Trusting reviewers on fighting games
They're casuals. Who cares what they think? Injustice 2 is literally "Casual pandering garbage: The Game"

>>378726497
Who cares if it was rushed? Multiplayer is all that matters. Tekken 7 plays well. SFV doesn't. End of story.

>>378727650
>Recent updates have been fun
Season 2 killed this game. Season 1 was bad, but fun. Season 2 in general isn't fun, and it's still bad. Season 2.5 didn't do enough, and is just the same shit, except they nerfed Urien and Balrog, and buffed Cammy to be OP as fuck.

>Loving Ed
Enjoy knowing that he sucks. He's what happens if you take Nash, get rid of all his mobility, and then make his offensive options unsafe like Kolin. That being said, his controls totally work, and I think playing a new IP with these controls instead of typical fighting game controls would be an easy way to attract new players (As long as the game was good).
>>
>>378728351
Yeah, I dunno what Capcom is doing with Ed and Kolin. Everyone in Season 1 and on the disk all have safe as fuck offensive options. Ed and Kolin have to work way harder for what? The same amount of damage, and less utility? Pretty stupid IMO. I like both movesets, don't get me wrong, but everyone else in the game requires less effort for just as good results. Ed is like Season 1 Alex, where he's unique, but there are other characters that do what he does but way better.
>>
KI is underrated
>>
>>378729841

KI had its fair amount of spotlight, but the game came out in like 2013.
>>
>>378724925
who gives a fuck about those "scores"
irl which has the most tournaments? witch one has the biggest prizes?
thats what matters, not a paid site's """reviews"""
>>
>>378731257
Injustice 2. It got 600k for the prize.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.