[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the best way to play the Metal Slug series without

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: header.jpg (56KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
56KB, 460x215px
What's the best way to play the Metal Slug series without any slowdown? How are the PC ports(that one collection, Steam and GOG)?
>>
>>378709421
I just picked up that PS2 7 game collection on sale right now for PS4.

Me and my buddy are going to be shootan shit between e3 conferences
>>
Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the wii and psp versions slowdown free?
>>
>>378709556
Doesn't the ps2 anthology have input lag? I really need to know this because I hate when I press shot and the character shoots one or couple of seconds later
>>378709654
If it is i'm gonna check it too. thanks
>>
>>378709421
only ms2 seems to have a bit of a slow
the rest are fine
>>
>>378709654
No

I watched a speedrun some time ago, by Mike Uyama, and he said that the PS2 version of Metal Slug had less slowdown than the originals. And, I think there's a way to make the originals lag less in mame, but don't quote me on that.

Metal Slug has slowdown in the originals too, so it's hard to know if a port of the game is running worse or better than the original.
>>
>>378709654

The Wii is fine, don't know if it has slowdowns since I never was a hardcore MS player, I could never notice something that would break my 1cc run. However, MS6 never worked for some reason, I tried with the disc I bought from the store, a DVD I burned, and USB loader, and none worked.
>>
What about input lag, guys? I don't want to turn this thread into a shitfest because of the "hardcore" players but it irks me just not to the point of shit on everyone who plays a different version
also i'm glad this thread is being realy civil
>>
>>378709421
the wii anthology actually has no slow down and has all games 1-6 in it. pretty good deal and a lot of fun if you have a game cube controller but there are loading time (however most are shorter than ten seconds). I heard there was slowdown on the ps2 version but i never played it. there's always the kawaks emulator or other neo geo emulators if you just wanna play one of the games though
>>
>>378709421
The Gog versions are on sale right now. I have them in there pretty good. I actually like the Wii version better but I'm kind of a pleb when it comes to games like this
>>
>tfw bought the PS2 anthology back when it came out
>PAL region
>no 60hz option
>not optimized for 50hz so the games just run slower
fucking awful
>>
>>378712248
yeah you PAL guys have it rough
>>
>>378712784
the fucked up thing is I forgot that was the case until I dusted off my PS2 recently and revisited it, I only had fond memories of playing the Anthology despite having played some of them on MAME prior, Stockholm syndrome I guess
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.