[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I remember last year when there was a nonstop string of Vampire

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: Jeanette.webm (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Jeanette.webm
3MB, 1920x1080px
I remember last year when there was a nonstop string of Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines threads on /v/, and then they all stopped suddenly.
>>
>>378706935
This also happened after christmas I think, to the point where some fuckers kept coming in the threads to direct them to /vg/. Fun stuff, I miss those threads. We gotta wait for summer I guess.
>>
>>378706935
Planning on playing this soon (big into Deus Ex and other Immersive Sim RPGs, heard good things). I'm going to use Wesp's Unofficial Patch Plus, but are there any good mods that improve the gameplay? Combat mechanics? Help a brotha out.
>>
>>378707365
Wesp's patch has two possible versions available during installation - the basic version and the "plus" version. The plus makes quite a few changes and adds restored content, so avoid it for a first playthrough. Use the basic version for your first, then plus for second, then whatever other mods you want (most people use Clan Quest Mod for the unique fan-made quests). AVOID mods for your first playthrough, the basic Wesp patch is all you need.
>>
>>378706935

A few people posted threads, which encouraged others to start playing for the first time or to replay. Then they made threads which continued the cycle. Eventually everyone had played the game who was gonna play it, so the threads died out.
>>
>>378707797
I'll decide about how much of the story shit I feel like changing with the Plus patch. Doubt I'll be a purist about it. But uh, gameplay mods pls. I know the combat is terrible, any ways to improve this?
>>
I remember them, I even bought the game, but I couldnt play it because the game didnt load because of an engine problem, I refunded it and I was told that the game was buggy because of Activision, so how do I fix it? I'll buy the game in this summer sale
>>
>>378708603
You either install the unofficial patch or buy the GOG version which is patched.
>>
>>378708138
The plus patch doesn't really change the story, it just adds more content of questionable quality that doesn't always belong. It's fun to play around with it as well as the reworked disciplines, stats and animations, but definitely not fit for first playthroughs imo.

As for the combat, no mod can really rework the combat from top to bottom, they just change some disciplines and stats and the blood system, needlessly so. The mechanics which are the target of the complaints remain the same. I can't say that the gameplay rehauls from any of the mods are significantly better than vanilla, definitely not enough to use them from the get-go.

You have to understand that the mods for this game aren't like those for Bethesda games where you can change everything and it will be better. Most mods for this game just add more content or rework stats or change skins. They don't rework combat mechanics.
>>
>>378708808
do you recommend me to?
>>
>>378708912
I say just buy the GOG version.
>>
>>378708875
I ask because there are high-quality mods for other games like Deus Ex (GMDX) and System Shock 2 (Secmod) which fix glaring issues with the gameplay mechanics, but perhaps it is not a focus for the modders of V:TM-B. Too bad. Looking forward to it either way.
>>
>>378709678
Yeah, there's definitely not such mods for VTMB. There's a good reason that the Unofficial patch is the only recommended installation for VTMB. Honestly, the combat can be fine if you actually invest in it, and use your disciplines.
>>
File: 96556754560.gif (968KB, 500x389px) Image search: [Google]
96556754560.gif
968KB, 500x389px
>>378706935
Can someone help me out here? I bought the game on steam and downloaded the most recent version of Wesp's patch (9.7 I think). Whenever I try to start the game from the patch shortcut I get the message "Failed to load the launcher DLL: The specified module could not be found." So I go into steam and enable the patch by doing that thing where you go into the game's properties and type "-game Unofficial_Patch" and the game launches fine, but when I check which version of the patch I'm on it says 9.5. what do
>>
>>378706935
Never played it before. Would you recommend it? Tips for a first timer?
>>
>>378711251
Don't pick malkavian for the first playthrough. Lots of shit is broken, so you better install that unofficial patch or just get gog version, which already has it.
>>
>>378711216

I think I remember someone mentioning that the steam version is kinda broken.

My advice? pirate it from somewhere and try if it works. You already bought the game, nothing to be ashamed off.
>>
Is there a Let's Play of this that doesn't suck and doesn't play as Malkavian?
>>
>>378711216
>what do
play your working-ass game
>>
>>378706935

There's really only so much to talk about with a 13 year old game. It's probably my favorite game of all time but I doubt I'll ever play it again just because I've played it so many times.
>>
What is Tim Cain working on?
>>
>>378713284
I could do a Ventrue one, if you wish.
>>
>>378707365
What exactly are Immersive Sims?
>>
>>378716506
Some D&D game or something.
All I remember is that it has brown girls and shields, and that's good enough for me
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.