[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

never played a witcher game b4, goty edition is on sale for $25

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5

never played a witcher game b4, goty edition is on sale for $25 on steam. yay or nay?
>>
yeah, it's good
>>
>>378704257
how good? on a scale of 1-10
>>
>>378704129
Yeah, despite all the contrarian /v/ bullshit it's a good game, combat is meh, but the story is good, also Yen is best girl, anybody telling you otherwise is just kidding themselves
>>
>>378704774
Easily a 9, maybe even 9.5
>>
>>378704774
10. It's easily one of the best games ever made
>>
>>378705027
>combat is meh
I keep hearing about how amazing the combat is, you might be in the minority there
>>
>>378704129

Absolutely. Even /v/ adored it before they saw Reddit liked it and went full contrarian.

Great game, fantastic characters, solid story and if you find the combat too easy, just turn on level scaling and adjust the difficulty.
>>
>>378705351
Not the guy you're replying to, combat took a step back from Witcher 2 and potions took a huge step back.
Combat isn't bad, but it isn't top tier.

>>378704774
I'd say an 8 with 10 being unattainable perfection.
9.5 in modern gaming scores.
>>
>>378705351
He is. The combat is fantastic, very responsive and fluid; only purely action-focused games have better combat.
Add to that the fact that you can take down a monster several levels over your own if you do the right preparations involving the bestiary, bombs and oils.
>>
>>378705351
You probably didn't hear it here that the combat is amazing

It's not amazing but also not what /v/ says, it does the job
>>
>>378704129
nay
>playing the third game in a story heavy trilogy
play 1 and 2 first dumbass
>>
>>378705648
>very responsive

I grew to like the battle system but it's not responsive.
>>
>>378705620
Oh and play Witcher 2 first.
Witcher 1 has an amazing story, but gameplay aged like milk. Read a plot synopsis though.
Witcher 2 gameplay still holds up and story is great. I actually JUST finished replaying 2 and then 3. And tried to replay 1.

Yen should be best girl, but there's something about Triss. Maybe all of the amnesia rape?
>>
File: tGAkYGx.jpg (62KB, 564x998px) Image search: [Google]
tGAkYGx.jpg
62KB, 564x998px
>>378704129
>>378705027
>Never played Witcher games before

Either girl is fine, Yen probably better since they do a bit more with her direct connection since she's literally never shown up till now.

>Only played the games

Triss is far better than Yen. You know about all the bad things she's done, she tells you them herself. She feels like she took some advantage of you, even though Geralt disagrees, but she also got you your memories back knowing full well she may lose you forever.

After all you've been though, she bows out of the relationship when you go look for Yen and when you finally convince her you've chosen her this time, it's a great feeling.

>Read the books too

Since Yen isn't a Literally Who, you also know about everything she and Geralt have been thorough and why he loves her like he does.

She knows he was with Triss and just assumed it was over between them, never hunted him down or got angry. Getting back with her feels like how things were meant to be.

Fuck it though, I prefer Triss, no matter what the canon and public opinion seems to have decided.

ALSO: Do NOT fuck them both. Or, at least, do NOT commit to both of them. I think you can fuck Yen once for free, not sure if you can with Triss or not.
>>
>>378705753
>>378705969
well, steam's got the whole trilogy for $25 - shit that's a good deal, will I be missing much by not getting the goty wild hunt?
>>
>>378706228
The trilogy version doesn't include GOTY Wild Hunt (as in, doesn't have the two expansions?)?
Yea, you miss a LOT as the expansions are absolutely amazing. Still, you could just buy the expansions separately.

You don't HAVE to play Witcher I and II to play III, but I don't see a reason you won't want to. The first has pretty bad combat and iffy gameplay but the story makes up for it.
>>
>>378706228

Check GoG it's often got better deals for Witcher, they'll sometimes give the first 2 away for free.

The DLC for 3 is fantastic though, yes.
>>
No, it's an awful """""RPG""""" with poor combat, bad writing, bad world building,bad quests and is dumbed down to the lowest common denominator. It's an over budgeted dating sim that gives cRPGs a bad name.
>>
>>378706228
Yea, both expansions are good. Actually, Blood and Wine is great.
GOG has Witcher 1 free and Cdkeys.com has 3 GOTY on sale now.
I think Witcher 2 GOTY is like $5 on sales.
>>
Play the first 2 god fuckin damnit
>>
>>378705753
>played the games before eeading the books
Kys
>>
>>378706484
>t. Soulsborne cuck

Why don't you do something better with your time, like masturbating to a broken sword's lore description
>>
>>378706942
if I have ADD will I be able handle the first game?
>>
>>378707008
JRPGs are shit too like most jap games, the only devs that did modern fully 3D cRPGs well were Pirhana Bytes and Obsidian.
>>
>>378704774
Honestly, if it were an exclusive game, I'd purchase a system just for it. Think of what Fable could have been.
>>
>>378706189
>Trissfags
>>
>>378707279
no
>>
>>378704129
Can it be sub 20 yet? It's crazy how dirt cheap W1 and W2 became.
>>
>>378707572
Has been a few times, but it's without the DLC.
>>
It's playable without playing the other games. Good RPG.

You can go back and play the others later, you'll need a decent amount of patience for TW1 and TW2 is just a juvenile TW3
>>
>>378707646
>It's playable without playing the other games
that's all I need to hear
>>
>>378707514
Yennefer is the patrician choice
>>
You get brought up a bit, the first area is a glorfied tutorial level then you meet a character soon after that will ask you about events that happened previously which fills you in.
>>
File: image.png (319KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
319KB, 480x480px
Name my band
>>
>>378708063
would it be some sort of gothic metal with keyboards band?
>>
>>378706960
>playing a story game when you already know the story
reddit is that way
>>
>>378707972
A good reminder to leave Witcher 2 Save on, this enables the conversation to be had about the previous game choices (just look up what they mean, not horribly hard to understand, letting Letho live is patrician choice )

Just finished the main game, very good game Op, a lot of shit to do (the 'emptiness' is exaggerated a lot here, it's easy to go "what's over there' and find shit to do, often treasures and such are worth it, even to sell as money is not easy to come by)
>>
Ya
>>
>>378705648
>Add to that the fact that you can take down a monster several levels over your own if you do the right preparations involving the bestiary, bombs and oils.
This is actually the biggest strength of the game.

It actually makes me want to take out leveling altogether and just make everything based on player skill rather than higher damage values to creatures below your level.
>>
File: yentrissgc.jpg (61KB, 648x450px) Image search: [Google]
yentrissgc.jpg
61KB, 648x450px
>>378706189
>Triss is far better than Yen
yea nah
>>
>>378708996
she didn't seem that intelligent in the dialogue of Witcher 3
>>
>>378708996
>Even Eskel hit that

Noice.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.