[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would you recommend Pillars of Eternity to someone who has never

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_3933.jpg (325KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3933.jpg
325KB, 1920x1080px
Would you recommend Pillars of Eternity to someone who has never played this type of RPG before?
>>
>>378691694
Yes, it's a pretty alright game
>>
Yes.
Great game. Expansions are good too.
>>
>>378691694

It would be a good starting point for the isometric cRPG style of yesteryear

I'd recommend Icewind Dale just to fuck them in the butt with pain though.
>>
Personally I'd recommend Tyranny first.

I haven't played Pillars of Eternity much yet but the mechanics so far are quicker to and more user friendly in Tyranny, so it could be better for someone new to the genre.
>>
>>378692106
DO NOT LISTEN TO THIS ANON

TRANNY IS GARBAGE
>>
>>378691694
It's an awfully boring game. But hey, since you are a newcomer to the genre the mere novelty of this style of gameplay might be enough to blind you to it, at least for a while.
>>
>>378691694
No, the combat is great but the long time motivation is gone about halfway through the game. Your party will have reached max level, the story completely flounders even more and there is no big-bad that keeps you playing.
>>
>>378692323
That is wrong.
>>
>>378691694
Sure, it's pretty good.
>>
>>378691694
sure, it's a nice game. most people who talk shit about it on /v/ are autistic nostalgiafags

there are other modern rpgs to play too. pilars is probably the biggest
>>
On principle I agree with this >>378692106 anon, but Tyranny is trash, in terms of writing I'd put it right next to Bound by Flame.
Unless you're a drooling retard, you'll find PoE easy to get into. Most encounters can be won just with rational placement alone, you don't have to micro-manage all the time.
>>
>>378692323

>TRANNY IS GARBAGE
What did he mean by this?
>>
File: DESU.png (1MB, 1024x656px) Image search: [Google]
DESU.png
1MB, 1024x656px
>>378691694
>no cute girls
>>
>>378693104
Maybe it's not terrible, but it's uninspired and completely unlikeable
>no thought put into setting apart from muh BRONZE and Kyros
>companions so bad that the edgy pink haired assassin girl comes off as the least shit
>dumbed down gameplay
>promises to let you be the uncompromising judge and right hand man of the big baddy but fails spectaculary in that regard
>>
File: ZraF1es[1].jpg (413KB, 2048x3227px) Image search: [Google]
ZraF1es[1].jpg
413KB, 2048x3227px
>>378693721
it has the cutest boy though
>>
File: 15 YEARS OLD PUSSY AND ASS.png (484KB, 730x410px) Image search: [Google]
15 YEARS OLD PUSSY AND ASS.png
484KB, 730x410px
>>378692323
but waifu
>>
>>378691694
No, it would turn you off from a good genre.
>>
>>378694016
>tfw you'll be able to stick your dick into the best boy and/or have him inside you

Fabulous.
>>
I wouldn't recommend this torture to my worst enemy
>>
>>378691694
nah

play something modern. these are obsolete.
>>
it's just like an older CRPG except the writers are shit and the dialogue consists mostly of people vomiting exposition at you

I don't see a good reason to play it desu
>>
>>378694152
Tfw durance isn't in the sequel
>>
>>378694152
mate that's gay
>>
>>378691694
baldurs gate 2 is better in every way
>>
>>378694369
>2e
No.
>>
>>378694462
you think pillars of eternity's uninspired MMO battle system is any better?
>>
>>378694462
still better than their garbage unispired homebrew
>>
>>378694704
>>378694763
t. Forgotten Realm babbys
>>
>>378695090
t. obsidrone
>>
>>378695090
>if you hate one thing you must love the other thing
bg2's battle system is broken and unbalanced as fuck but it's still better than poe's bland system
>>
>>378695210
no it isn't
>>
POE was the first Balders Gate type game I played. Combat mechanics take some getting used to, like frequently pausing, but it's fun and there's lots to do. Pacing is a bit mismatched, but pretty great overall.
>>
>>378695565
There's also DLC which I heard was pretty good too.
>>
If you do get it also get the White March DLC. The story improved a lot in the expansion.
>>
If OP is still there i can give a quick rundown on classes, tips etc. Almost completely finished with it (only need to complete my mage and priest playthrough, did every other class 100% on PotD with the usual companions
>>
>>378695872

And to add to it, the only other isometric RPG I have played is Fallout 1, and I do like PoE despite its flaws. I am a sucker for micromanaging so constantly pausing is not a problem for me. The classes are balanced and it can be played with various styles. The story for the main game is pretty bland though and there is very little dialogue and development with the companions.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.