[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Color Splash isnt as good as PM, TTYD or SPP, but it isnt as

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 1495632149304.png (494KB, 715x685px) Image search: [Google]
1495632149304.png
494KB, 715x685px
Color Splash isnt as good as PM, TTYD or SPP, but it isnt as bad as Sticker Star either.

It's a solid 6 out of 10. Maybe a 7.

Also stop comparing what's happening to Mario and Luigi to this franchise, those games are all still mostly good.
>>
>>378691321
>It's a solid 6 out of 10. Maybe a 7.
No, that's Breath of the Wild. Color Splash is below that.
>>
>>378691321
>Color Splash isnt as good as PM, TTYD or SPP, but it isnt as bad as Sticker Star either.
Were people saying otherwise? I thought that was the general consensus (depending on your feelings on Super Paper Mario).
>>
>>378691390
There's "great game with pretty big flaws" 7/10 and "all around mediocre game that still ends up adequate" 7/10
>>
>>378691589
This is what I see most places, but on /v/ (and now I see my problem) everyone is lumping Splash and Sticker together as the absolute worst thing ever
>>
The only good M&L is the first, though that series has its own different reasons for low quality.
>>
>>378691741
I'm probably gonna get the remake, it's the only M&L game I never played.
>>
>>378691741
contrarian
>>
File: 1415309560519.png (132KB, 366x278px) Image search: [Google]
1415309560519.png
132KB, 366x278px
>>378691321
It still is just so fucking bleh to play
Ended up quitting after one of the required items for a boss turned out to be some random ass balloons I walked past and thought nothing of.
>>
>>378691321
7 is way too nice, it's like 6 at most but a 5 suits it a hell of a lot more, even with my salt being pushed aside. That gameplay is too shit to put it above mediocre in my opinion, even if it's areas are nice and it has charm here & there. That being said a lot do agree it's better than Sticker Star, I agree also but I do gotta say Color Splash was a little worse in some ways when it comes to gameplay.
>>
>>378693096
But isnt the charm of SPM accepted?

>>378692526
This is understandable
>>
>>378694116
>But isnt the charm of SPM accepted?
There's more than just charm in SPM since there are actually more characters than Toads & much more enemy variety, there's also a story that isn't just a rehash of Sticker Star.

Also Super has easy & weak gameplay, but I still think it's better than SS/CS, at least I don't get instant-game overs from a Chain Chomp coming out of nowhere or from bosses since I don't have the correct Thing item. You also still gain permanent upgrades such as the Pixels and 3 other characters to play as that have their own difference in how they play to progress. It also doesn't just repetitively make you do the same boring A-press for every action command for every attack like SS/CS do, you can at least press down to use Bowser's fire, the 1 button to use the pixels or do whatever for Items.
>>
>>378694938
Supers gameplay is weak yet, not bothersome because it keeps you moving so much, and you can easily just run past stuff.

The new ones on the other hand have turn based combat thats poorly done, making things a fucking slog that involves being stopped constantly
>>
>>378695550
Yeah, this. It doesn't help in CS you have the gamepad to deal with & that shitty menuing in battles that is worse than Sticker Star where you have a big row of card to scroll through & you have to basically go through 3-5 ok prompts with the charging, flicking & etc, even if you turn off the touch controls.
>>
>>378694938
Yeah, I do hear SPM has the best story
>>
>>378691321
1 > 2 > 5 > 4
in terms of Toads
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.