[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Honest question to Nintendo fags. Why do you ask for ports instead

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: 659ocr.jpg (300KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
659ocr.jpg
300KB, 1920x1200px
Honest question to Nintendo fags. Why do you ask for ports instead of new games???
>>
I assume they consider it a more realistic wish
Don't like it myself tho
>>
>>378690941
We don't
>>
>>378690941
No one asks for it, we just pretty much accepted the fact that it'll inevitably be that way.
>>
>>378690941
None of us bought a Wii U and the switch is superior in every meaningful way so it might as well be a new game
>>
>>378691528
>/v/ is one person
I bought a Wii U the Chirstmas it came out;
I regretted it.
>>
>>378691348
>>378691451
you guys don't seem exactly against the idea of not having ANY sort of new games for your new console despite ARMS, which looks retarded btw, until Winter
>>378691528
But it was on 3DS too. I've seen some of you fags go through multiple 3DSs playing it because the system can't handle the harsh handling
>>378691817
I specifically asked Nintendo fags because it seems like its something they are hype for and I don't get it. I've got a Wii U too for super cheap. Put a 2TB HDD in my PC, then took the 1TB HDD from my PC into an enclosure and use it to pirate games for Wii U
>>
>>378691817
Well, all the Nintendofags asking for Wii U ports either didn't buy a Wii U or didn't buy the Wii U version of a game. I know I never would have played MK8 if it weren't for the switch port. Well, until emulation caught up, anyway.
>>
>>378692161
Chill, the thing is super new. I'm still playing MK8D and sometimes Zelda. I'm excited for Splatoon 2 and Mario Oddyssey. Plus there's got to be something new announced for E3.
>>
>>378692389
>expecting anything out of Nintendo at E3
have you not learned from the past 2 years anon?
>>
File: IMG_5199.jpg (172KB, 971x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5199.jpg
172KB, 971x1024px
>>378692161
Meh, ARMS (fuck you it looks amazing) and Splatoon 2 will last me until Odyssey.
>>
>>378692314
Doesn't it seem kinda bad of Nintendo to completely ignore everyone who supported the Wii U and offer nothing to them with the Switch until Winter??? Anyone who has a Wii U and bought games for it, there is no reason to buy a Switch until games like Mario Odyssey and Xenoblade 2 come out.
>>
>>378690941
Some people want ports so they can sell the previous console since there is no backwards compatibility.
>>
>>378692709
I bought a Wii U and I'm perfectly happy ditching it for the Switch.
>>
>>378691286
This desu

Nintendo fucks up their own IP's enough that I'd like to see them port more titles so they can actually spend more time finding things that work for their series instead of slapping an IP name on the first mildly original idea they see
>>
>>378692792
Why? What game(s) entice you to ditch the Wii U and go over to the switch?
>>
>>378692874
I love it when daddy miyamoto shits in my mouth mm num num num num num
>>
>>378690941
Boggles my mind too. They should just work on a new Smash instead of wasting time/effort/money on a port. Plus a Smash port could undercut the new Smash in sales and playerbase, or vice versa. It's a bad idea all-around.
>>
>>378692872
But they have had time. The Wii U had software droughts out the ass, especially in 2015/2016, when they would start thinking about development of switch games.
>>
>>378690941
Because they're stuck in the past, obviously.
>>
>>378690941
because we know it won't happen.
Smash is always the same game anyway, just with more characters, a few new gimmicks maybe, it doesn't matter if its a new game itll be the same engine and most of the same characters. If anything I'd rather them port it than lose even more characters I love, I still miss "Snake" from brawl.
>>
Lots of people didn't buy a Wii U, but for the people who did, games like MK8D has enough new content on it to entice them into buying it again, though I'm personally not one of them.
And no one asks for ports, but there's no harm in having them, I'd like a Mario Maker port since I skipped it on the Wii U, but it's not necessary, as the Switch has other games I want.
>>378692709
Ninty has nothing to gain from supporting the Wii U, it lasted for 5+ years, I'm not sure what to tell you.
>>
>>378690941
We don't necessarily ask for it, but it's also kind of inevitable because Nintendo has these extremely polished games laying around that could easily be ported to fill shelf space during the early months of the console. Also, if these games end up attracting people to Switch, that's great, as more early sales means third parties are more likely to stay on which was one of the big blunders of the Wii U.

Hype for these kind of things usually comes from the new content these ports get. I'm more than willing to buy Smash 4 again if it means a few more characters, stages, and possibly a new mode.
>>
>>378693259
>Ninty has nothing to gain from supporting the Wii U
That's not what I was implying. I meant Nintendo is offering shit to those who already have a Wii U and games for it. Wii U already has Zelda, Splatoon, MK8, etc. Why would they go out and buy a switch when they can already play the games it has
>inb4 added content
that content isn't worth spending $60 again nor is it a system seller. Also, Splatoon 2 isn't that much different from the 1st one.
>>
Everyone I know who has a switch bought it for zelda and now they are collecting dust
>>
>>378690941
Nintendo fans with any sense gave up on them after the Wii U scam. The ones crazy enough to still be fans of Nintendo are the ones now defending empty boxes and the Switch's library of old ports and shovelware.
>>
>>378694050
Yet its flying off shelves despite offering nothing. How did Nintendo go from being the worst marketers to the best???
>>
>>378694186
It's still too early to truly say how successful it will be. Wii U was supposedly selling well in its first few months and we know how that turned out. Personally, I predict sales will be pretty low a year from now.
>>
There are new games coming though.

Xenoblade 2
Arms
Splatoon 2
Fire Emblem Warriors
Mario Odyssey
Mario Rabbids RPG
Fire Emblem (working title)

Everything bar the new mainline FE is coming 2017 as well.

Not sure what you mean unless you intend to move your goal post by saying "I meant GOOD new games".

The list above is more good exclusives than Xbox One and PS4 had in its first year to be sure.
>>
>>378694505
Talking about pessimism
>>
For me, the play anywhere aspect of the Switch sells me on the rereleases of Wii U titles.

I'd love to play something like Xenoblade X on the go if I had the opportunity or Star Fox Zero (assuming the fix the controls).
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.