[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is absolute fucking nonsense I don't mean hard, I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

File: Pontiff_Sulyvahn.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Pontiff_Sulyvahn.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
This is absolute fucking nonsense

I don't mean hard, I mean total nonsense. There is no way to beat this except cheesing
>>
thought he was fairly easy to be quite honest with you
>>
>>378688090
Did you cheese?
>>
>get him down to half health
>his clone will do weak versions of his attacks before he does
>>
Define cheese?

Beat him on my third try. No magic, no parrying.

Bloodstarved Beast then in Bloodborne took me maybe 10 tries (and I'd played DeS-DaS II before Bloodborne then DaSIII on release)
>>
>>378687476
He's not too bad just get rid of his phantoms first thing
>>
>>378687476
It's not just you, this boss was Fucking bullshit, and any multi boss battle is Fucking lame. Ds1 had a few, 2 a bit more but 3 went crazy with it. The brothers, Sullivan, abyss watchers, etc etc
>>
>>378688668
I hate multi boss battles so much or any boss battles where the boss summons smaller enemies
>>
>>378687476
Get a good shield, strafe his magic sword, and hug his ass.

Same way as literally every other Dark Souls Boss ever.
>>
It was fine took me like 45 minutes to go from getting whooped before 2nd phase to winning with a few estus left.
>>
I had more trouble with farron keep boss my first time. Pontiff isn't that bad, just have to get good with dodging and learning proper timing against his attacks.
>>
It's the first boss that teaches you about this game bosses.
>spam you with 5 quick attacks
>follow it up with an attack that charges 4 fucking seconds
>>
>>378688179
Didn't even know you can cheese him. I just hit him after dodging his attacks. How do you cheese him?
>>
>>378688313
>BSB
>"""""slow"""""" poison
>>
Define cheesing.
I struggled like fuckhell for 2 hours then I realized he was really bad at hitting targets on his sides. Shield up, strafe to his side - You won't get hit by his flailing, maybe once but it won't knock off your shield.
His two moves where he strikes on his side with either of his weapons (he does that if you're strafing) are SUPER weak and absolutely won't deal damage to your stamina
Just do that and hit him once or twice once he has completed his combo.

Now, phase 2 is quite bullshit, I'll give you that. when he's transforming consume a few buffs and heal up.

Stay tight on his ass at all time - You mustn't let him clone himself without punishing him.
When he does start cloning, prepare a two-handed strong attack to hit the clone right when it spawns, then bash him until it drops. If the clone doesn't die you're in trouble but not doomed.
>>
>>378689364
Run around him clockwise

It borders on being one of those bosses that speedrunners laugh about
>>
>>378690163
If running around Pontiff is cheesing I guess breaking wolnir's pimp golden bracelets is cheesing too?
Is hitting Ariandel instead of chasing Friede around cheesing as well?

I mean, it's just the design.
>>
>>378687476
Oh how wrong you are.
>>
>>378688668
Seriously I say "total bullshit" because his attacks are random and they begin and end in a tenth of a second

You can't counter or take advantage of this shit. Just run circles around his ass and take a pot shot every cycle

I think the nuance of the difficulty of Dark Souls got lost in some of the later games. Or maybe I'm just excessively salty
>>
>>378690462
It's absolutely the latter
>>
>>378690462
>his attacks are random
Holy shit use your damn ears, he has distinct audio cues that give away his moves
>>
>>378690163
Wow is it really that bad? I have a habit of always running around bosses counter-clockwise unless it's something like Oceiros
>>
>>378690462
he just has some annoying combos and that phantom bullshit. otherwise, he's not that bad. pretty easy to parry if your parry game is worth a damn.
>>
>>378690462
even if his attacks would be random, what exactly would be the problem, he just swings swords around
Not like he has a death-sentence grab move or anything
Keep your shield up, move so that he doesn't break your shield with multiple attacks in a row, it's the fucking design of the fight

It's like complaining that you can use sweeping weapons against Deacons (well deacons are garbage anyway)
>>
File: congratulations.jpg (115KB, 883x341px) Image search: [Google]
congratulations.jpg
115KB, 883x341px
>every thread about dark souls bosses
>>
>>378690163
>running around a boss is cheesing him
lolm8
i killed on my first try by counter-clockwise walking around him, so... moving is the ultimate cheese?
>>
He really isn't that bad, just manage your stamina in his first phase and kill the phantom ASAP in his second so you can get free hits when he resummons. His second phase is also way slower.
>>
Killed him my first attempt, and every attempt on every play through after that except for 1 death with a pyro build. He almost killed me that first time, got a little excited because no boss had killed me yet and I thought I finally found the difficulty I was craving. Now, champion gundyr kills me multiple times every time. Nameless king was 2 hours of fucking up on ng, but has been 1 attempt every time after. Same thing with soul of cinder. Dragon slayer armor is hit and miss with me. With my pyro build the guy glitched at 50% health and just kept running into a wall while I hit him with the vestiges.
>>
The boss is difficult, fucking tryhards.

But it's possible to beat without any cheese (I don't even know if there is any cheese more than learn to parry, thing that you don't need to beat him). You have to keep trying.
>>
>>378692951
>uses chaos bed vestiges
>complains that game is too easy
>>
this guy needs no cheese, just use your brain
what kind of build you use?
>>
>>378693307
Pyro build was my 4th character. Obviously not the first if you read what I said. The first I was only concerned with being able to use a claymore, the most stable shield, heavy armor and having the vitality to not fat roll. Then I did a dex build, a sorcerer, and then finally I found out how OP the pyro was in 3. Vestiges can literally carry you through the rest of the game after you get it.
>>
>>378687476
git gud

Not even the hardest or most bullshit soulsbourne boss.
>>
>>378687476

Yeah there is, he's an easy parry bait.
>>
I don't know about Pontiff, he was a tough cookie and everything, but the only boss i genuinely consider hogshit in DS3 is the big puss tree that you fight early on.
>>
>>378687476
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UTe-k-2Lys
>>
>>378688261
this
get past his first phase and you've practically beaten him
>>
>>378690163
>Dodging the boss = cheesing

There's no fucking way you're this autistic. This is bordering on low-functioning. Please delete your Ds3 data and kill yourself
>>
>>378690163
Literally the strategy for 90% of the boss pool of the series
>>
File: sulyvahn concept art.jpg (764KB, 2714x1920px) Image search: [Google]
sulyvahn concept art.jpg
764KB, 2714x1920px
What is the name of Sulyvahn's stand?
>>
File: SRpontiff1461376709110.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
SRpontiff1461376709110.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>378687476
>>
>>378694727
that's upsetting to watch
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.