[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do lorefags actually play the games they sperg over, or do they

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 10

File: 1464918429595.jpg (102KB, 729x594px) Image search: [Google]
1464918429595.jpg
102KB, 729x594px
Do lorefags actually play the games they sperg over, or do they just read the game's wiki and think they know everything about it because they read some summaries online?
>>
I'm not a lorefag myself but I've played all the Zelda games and enjoy finding connections/synthesising things together. I don't actually believe in anything resembling a canon timeline, though. Every game is just made for its own sake.

I'm convinced that most people who enjoy the LORE of games such as Bloodborne are those who read the essays of others or wiki summaries instead of figuring things out on their own.
>>
>>378681349
There is a timeline though and there have probably been more games than not at this point made with fitting somewhere into it.
>>
File: 1400104598815.jpg (40KB, 613x695px) Image search: [Google]
1400104598815.jpg
40KB, 613x695px
>find game with gameplay you enjoy and cool lore
>play game, learn about the lore, maybe go to the wiki or threads about it and learn as much about it as you can

>find game with gameplay you don't enjoy, and cool lore
>go to the wiki or assorted sites, maybe YouTube, and learn as much about the cool parts of it that you like as you can without having to play something you wouldn't enjoy
It ain't that hard
>>
>>378681969
There are massive inconsistencies between games, even those in a supposed timeline, such as the lack of existence of Hylia in the games between SS and BOTW, or the fact that the locations of places changed, like how Zora's Domain and Death Mountain moved between OoT and TP. It's okay to simply accept that things aren't going to line up perfectly.
>>
>I'm too thick to get most lore on my own.
>>
File: 1433344063952.gif (2MB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
1433344063952.gif
2MB, 540x304px
>>378681074
>read wiki
>think you know about the lore
>read discussions
>realize you don't know shit
Fucking TES.
>>
>>378681074
That's a stupid question because there's probably both. Sweeping generalizations are inherently prone to being inaccurate, except for one: OP is a fag.
>>
>>378682526
CHIM
>>
>game is too confusing for wikifags to understand
>game is too confusing for people that have played it a thousand times to understand
>game is too confusing for developers to understand
>it isn't actually all that hard to understand outside of some parts here and there but retards keep memeing away about how nobody understands
>>
>>378685167
what game
>>
>>378681074
A huge deal of my hate for ME3 came for the fact that it went against it's own lore.
>>
File: eyes divine cybermancy.jpg (753KB, 956x1214px) Image search: [Google]
eyes divine cybermancy.jpg
753KB, 956x1214px
>>378685206
>>
>>378685602
What's the deal with this game?
>>
File: peanut cop.jpg (5KB, 182x277px) Image search: [Google]
peanut cop.jpg
5KB, 182x277px
>>378685754
Come bro, it's the whole deal.
>>
File: kimblee.png (386KB, 791x580px) Image search: [Google]
kimblee.png
386KB, 791x580px
>>378681349
>>378682148
Either you like to find connections or you don't because you don't want to upset the contingent who say there isn't one, like you. Pick a side you fence-squatter.
>It's okay to simply accept that things aren't going to line up perfectly.
Maybe they don't because you're looking at the wrong angle or what you think matter doesn't to Nintendo.
>>378685167
This is the Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood following in a nutshell.
>complain that the original series is not as fleshed out while missing the irony that Brotherhood doesn't even have an explanation and in fact contradicts itself (at one point alchemy takes stamina to do, and every other time not).
>complain that the ending of original series is a cop-out because "it comes out of nowhere" and doesn't have closure while missing the irony that the movie they hate so much was made for people like them so that they wouldn't get confused when Brotherhood released.
>complain about Dante or Archer-bot, while missing the irony that they were actually good villains while they have the posterchild of generic Marty Stew which breaks the plot.
>complain about "B-B-B-BUT I-I-I-IT DOESN'T ADHERE TO MUH SACRED AUTHORSHIP," while missing the irony that the author pulled many of the plotlines from the original anime while it was airing, thereby making IT the derivative version and less canon.

Hot damn. I don't think there's a more myopic fandom in history than Brotherhood fans.
>>
>>378687541
>This is the Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood following in a nutshell.
I see your attempt to start a flamewar. Take your (You) and go in peace.
>>
>>378687541
>Either you like to find connections or you don't because you don't want to upset the contingent who say there isn't one, like you. Pick a side you fence-squatter.
Now this is true shitposting. I enjoy seeing the connections between games that are there, while also recognising that I shouldn't sweat the details if things don't match up perfectly, because I can recognise that each game changes things to suit its own means and gameplay rather than follow the established lore. Some games absolutely connect to one another, but people who hem and haw about how not every game follows precisely in the footsteps of previous games are taking things too seriously.
>Maybe they don't because you're looking at the wrong angle or what you think matter doesn't to Nintendo.
Okay then, please explain the well documented differences between the maps of TP and OoT, or one of the other many inconsistencies between games that lorewankers have struggled with.
>>
>>378688752
Those connections between the maps don't necessarily exist. I call out those lorewankers all the time. I've been avoiding /vg/ until I 100% BotW, but even before it came out I called out the asshole who I know you're thinking of.
>>
>>378689831
I meant the differences don't exist. The maps are one in the same. I don't want to go too much into the lore but the castle didn't move and the Hyrule Historia is not canon.
>>
File: 1461441448461.jpg (656KB, 1720x1508px) Image search: [Google]
1461441448461.jpg
656KB, 1720x1508px
>>
>>378681074
Where's the Pacha edit of this dog.
>>
>>378681074
>Jotaro_punches_iggy.jpg
>>
>>378689831
Then why are you referring to me as a fence-sitter? I'm confused about what you mean. The maps are definitely different. I know that Hyrule Historia isn't canon; TP calls itself a sequel to OoT and yet the maps are clearly different.
>>
>>378690482
Sorry I misunderstood your position then. I thought you were saying Nintendo makes the connections and changes them. But you're still wrong on the timeline and the geography. TP and OoT aren't different except that Lake Hylia has moved closer to the castle and Lon Lon Ranch has been scrubbed from existence. And the explanation for that is that the castle was once in the center of the world and Lon Lon Ranch didn't exist in beta OoT. Which is what they based TP on.
>>
>>378682526
>start including extra-canon blog/forum posts and mmo junk-canon as though it's at all relevant

>have a general on /tg/ for wanking about it with like one mention a thread of a homebrew game
>>
>>378690482
>>378691217
Also, sameguy here. If you understand that the Historia is non-canon then I don't have to explain the Temple of Time then since Skyward Sword already answered all that. Not to mention Rusl tells you as much when he says it was built by the Hylian's ancestors, not Rauru who is a Hylian and built the one in OoT.
>>
>>378690482
Because he's a dumb namefag that lost his way on his path to 9gag.
>>
>>378682526
Fucking TES. My coworker was talking about skyrim and the lore so I got excited and started talking about the fucking psijics and his eyes just glazed over as I kept spewing my autism.

He didn't talk to me about that fucking game afterwards again, so that's a plus I guess.
>>
Zelda doesnt have a choesive lore, story or timeline. There's no big picture and every game is a somewhat different story with somewhat the same characters.
There's no story, no lore. Zelda games dont connect and fanboys and nintendo are just trying to forcefully say there is a timeline.
>>
>>378691971
Whatever helps you sleep at night anon.
>>
>>378691217
Nintendo does make some clear connections between games, but there are also plenty of inconsistencies. I don't think that the castle moved or any of that kind of shit. TP is meant as a sequel to OoT but there are some clear differences. Or how the Light Spirits exist in TP but none of the other games. etc etc. There are obvious connections between games but they make much more sense if you think of them as myths and legends passed down and distorted by time than concrete details.

The basing of TP on beta OoT is fine but the fact is that the two maps are inconsistent to one another, canonically. The point is not to sweat the small details like that.
>>
>>378681074
Vidya lore is generally not good enough to stand on its own, so I suspect that almost all lorefags play.
>>
File: ultra-violent party.jpg (237KB, 841x841px) Image search: [Google]
ultra-violent party.jpg
237KB, 841x841px
>>378685754
It's just badly translated.

The plot is typical Stable Time Loop stuff, but the bizarre translation from a western/romantic language (that was probably already eccentrically written in its original French) makes it seem sillier or more nonsensical than it really is.
>>
>>378688752
>Okay then, please explain the well documented differences between the maps of TP and OoT, or one of the other many inconsistencies between games that lorewankers have struggled with.
I really like the landmarks that some of the games have to eachother, but at a certain point, you just have to admit that certain aspects of the level design are just that -- level design. Details vary due to the needs of the game, not the needs of the plot.
>>
>>378693038
The Light Spirits aren't in other games because they're the Light Arrows. Yeah you make a point on the geography, but it's not a direct contradiction. E.g. you don't know if Lon Long Ranch just burnt down between OoT and TP like Miyamoto originally wanted.
>>
>>378694418
>The Light Spirits aren't in other games because they're the Light Arrows
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>378681074
>Play through all the Souls games multiple times
>Read item description
>Forget what it said like a minute later
>Never make any connections

I read wikis because somebody already did the autistic part for me.
>>
>>378681074
Most games have shit delivery of lore due to how much WoW fucked shit up in that department which is why wikifags exist.
Runescape has top tier lore delivery, though.
Very fun to lorefag with.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.