[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is it about sniper classes in multiplayer games that attracts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

File: file.png (418KB, 571x600px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
418KB, 571x600px
What is it about sniper classes in multiplayer games that attracts such terrible useless autists to only play them and never switch to anything else?
>>
>>378676471
cod sniper montages
>>
>>378676471
CoD
>>
>>378676471
hey look it's brink

you get to be away from the fight and have less stress of getting killed

so it attracts pussies
>>
>>378676471
Camping is easy.
>>
I'll say this for Overwatch's community: at least they made harassing Widow pickers common from Day 1. Now you either pick her because you're a near pro, or you make the mistake of picking her, and your team chases you out of the game.
>>
>>378676471
KD/R.
Can't die if you don't get shot at because of range.
But can't play the objective if you sit on your ass waiting for kills you'll most likely miss.
>>
DUDE, SKILLCAP, LMAO
Never mind that they're sitting on the exceedingly low skill floor. Their class has the potential to be the best, like no one ever was.
>>
File: fuck off.png (95KB, 180x310px) Image search: [Google]
fuck off.png
95KB, 180x310px
>We're losing? Nah, not my fault. Better keep playing Widowmaker.
>>
File: 1404413550657.jpg (275KB, 725x639px) Image search: [Google]
1404413550657.jpg
275KB, 725x639px
The cool one shot one kill factor
Throwing out damage without puttiing your ass in on the front lines, aka where you are most likely to get shot
Leftover camping from CS and the military shootans

The biggest problem is that things that don't base victory on wiping out the other team but on an objective like TF2 or OW need you to be 300% more aggresive if you're playing a sniper. Get out there, stand on the fucking cart, catch a few bullets for your medic. It's all about the mentality. I know I'll get implied at for this but they did right with the huntsman, making some snipers fly out of their cozy nests and closer to the objective.
>>
>>378676471
Inherent cowardice. Maximum reward for minimum risk. They dont feel they can compete on the same level as others so they choose the class that lets them play with the least risk of confrontation.
>>
>>378676719
I remember growing up and always having a terrible KDR and getting bitched at by my team, but I was the only one who would ever cap a point or plant a bomb.

To this day I have a sever dislike of "Lone Wolves" and urge them to play a single player game if they want to sit in a corner and masturbate to their impeccable KD.
>>
Planetside 2 sniping is so comfy. Running around Hoth with a friend picking off Scrin faggots from beyond their Pentium shitboxes' render distance is platinum.
>>
File: planet piss.jpg (734KB, 752x1191px) Image search: [Google]
planet piss.jpg
734KB, 752x1191px
You gotta admit though, you can't get good if you're not practicing. Can't exactly get much experience doing hours on bots, now can you.
Also the biggest problem is not having a sniper on a team, it's having 2 or more snipers who refuse to switch even if both situation and the team call for it.
>>
>>378676471
snipers are edgy that's why
>>
>>378677979

Thing is though, a good sniper isn't as much of an asset in most games as a good literally anything else.
>>
File: 1328504066027.png (29KB, 409x386px) Image search: [Google]
1328504066027.png
29KB, 409x386px
I've hated snipers in games. Always.
They think they're being helpful by getting kills, when they can get just as many kills up close and at the same time being fucking helpful to the team.
>>
>>378676471
Stop plahing 2cort.
>>
File: 1389860723848.jpg (179KB, 2048x1782px) Image search: [Google]
1389860723848.jpg
179KB, 2048x1782px
>>378678827
Yes, that is true. Only time snipers are really fearsome if there's one of those absolute top tier invite pros that hit heads on scouts and jumping soldiers more reliably than an aimbot. But that's not happening in your standard match.
I like sniping but if my team is not performing all that well I don't hog the spot, I switch to fastman, rocket man or the good doctor, whatever my teams needs most in that exact moment. Sniper fits an important role, taking out the key members(medic) of the enemy team or dealing with powerhouses(medic hides, heavie in sights) without preparing your own and/or having a few your guys dying. That's good, but it quickly throws entire games to shit if you overdo it.
One average sniper is much better than one godly sniper, one average and two shitty ones.
>>
>>378676471
spy attracts the worst of the worst
>>
>>378676471
>I got buttraped by sniping: the thread

Most games have stuff like smoke grenades and flashbang and whatnot. Sniper is only useful in certain parts of the map that can generally be avoided. Sniper on the move is basically a walking target.

Tldr git gud
>>
>>378680619
Actually, judging by OP's post it's more like
>I got buttraped by having 4 useless snipers on my team again: the thread
It's about the stupid fuckers on your team that won't switch to something you can actually hold the front line with. Too many cases where teams were technically 10 vs 10 but in actual firepower it was 9(+medic) vs 6+4 guys running out of the spawn just to get their shit stomped by a taunting heavy.
>>
Simple class to understand. Shoot people in the head. That's all there is to it. To a standard FPS player most the mechanics of the classes will be troublesome to learn, but why do that, when you can stick with what you've always done.
>>
High reward low risk gameplay. The most balanced "sniper" classes are in TF2/Overwatch, and even then Spy is pretty garbage so he can't really kill a Sniper (especially with the Razorback) and Widow/Hanzo are broken as hell due their guns not flinching and their quick charge times.
>>
>>378682892
The spy can easily headshot the sniper after he snuck around the base either DR or CaD
>>
I don't understand sniper. What's fun is to outplay your opponents on a equal playing field. Not one shot them from a safe distance.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.