[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the best video game setting and why is it "rural

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: Chulip.jpg (404KB, 1356x960px) Image search: [Google]
Chulip.jpg
404KB, 1356x960px
What is the best video game setting and why is it "rural Japanese town"?
>>
>>378669361
The best videogame setting is actually deep space mining colonies.
>>
>>378669361

I like MMO's so the best setting is your Moms room
>>
Snow levels.
>>
File: wwfKNWM.png (290KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
wwfKNWM.png
290KB, 640x360px
provemewrongprotipyoucannot
>>
Rural Japanese mining town, in deep space
The artificial climate resembles winter
>>
Himalayan Nepalese town in winter
>>
>>378669361
I am also looking forward to the next Yomawari game.
>>
>>378669361
Rural Japanese town is no different to a rural European town.

Except one of those has a lot more games around them because, surprise, Nippon makes a lot more video games than Europe.
>>
>>378670795
What about the river Temarc, in winter? It's one of my favorites.
>>
I have a massive fucking boner for Japanese countryside, but as a game environment it's hardly ideal. A couple of game genres can sell that - point and click adventure, for an example, maybe a fucking walk-sim or something. Otherwise, the issue with Japanese small towns is that they are incredibly same-y, usually very hard to navigate as a result, and extremely drawed out and space-out. It's no fun to get around those places, actually, not unless you don't mind a lot of walking through very similar landscapes. That presents a whole heap of potential design issues.
>>
>>378670964
>europe is all the same

kys
>>
>>378669361
Because you're an EOP who has never been to Japan and thus feel "fake nostalgia" towards it. "Muh le comfy" essentially.
>>
File: 1491241538983.jpg (42KB, 475x633px) Image search: [Google]
1491241538983.jpg
42KB, 475x633px
>>378670964
Different architecture on buildings, different countrysides, different exotic visitors, and vastly different cultural events and niches. Not to mention all of the implications of the world around, considering insular Japan != diverse Europe.
>>
>>378669361
looks like a typical rural town with temples instead of churches
>>
>>378670568
Ez boss
>>
Isolated island off the coast of Japan inhabited by a rich family in 1986
>>
>>378674032
>american weeaboo explaining about european rural towns
>>
>>378669361
The fawning over this setting is so fucking pathetic. I recently played Attack of the Friday Monsters! (because according to /v/ and reviews it was supposed to be super good but it's fucking trash) and the one thing I noticed all reviews agreed on is that it was "nostalgic."

Like, what? How is it nostalgic? Not a single one of those fuckers that ever reviewed the game were a fucking japanese kid living in the sticks circa 1980. They didn't have a fucking train run through town, they didn't play the shit card game the game tries to introduce as its sole gameplay element. It's literally just fawning and erroneously attributing feelings to a thing because it's "quaint" and everyone has this idea that living in the countryside and having nothing to fucking do is somehow noble and beautiful.
>>
>>378677969
>He didn't grow up in a rural village in Japan during the 1980s

Get a load of this fag
>>
>>378669361
Eerie midwestern towns are superior
>>
>>378677969
I'm guessing you've never grown up in the sticks. Granted it wasn't Japan for me but it was the 1980s and you had to use your imagination to have fun and keep yourself entertained, so whenever I see a game use that setting properly I do infact feel nostalgic
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.