[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

> the hero becomes the villian This is.the best, but game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

File: 1451584195896.jpg (315KB, 1280x612px) Image search: [Google]
1451584195896.jpg
315KB, 1280x612px
> the hero becomes the villian
This is.the best, but game devs are cowards and never do it
>>
>>378662334
>never do it
- Diablo II: previous hero is the new demon.
- Live a Live: a particular hero you play later in the game is revealed to be the game's overarching villain.
- Tekken 1: the game's manual described Kazuya as just a guy seeking revenge on his evil dad, come Tekken 2 and Kazuya turns out to be worse.
>>
File: t.jpg (38KB, 399x350px) Image search: [Google]
t.jpg
38KB, 399x350px
>>378662334
>Not playing the best rpg on the SNES
>>
>>378662334
It breaks the immersion
Yes people did actually say that
>>
File: wc3-undead-arthas-full.jpg (217KB, 1240x1200px) Image search: [Google]
wc3-undead-arthas-full.jpg
217KB, 1240x1200px
literally every blizzards character, be it playable or not
>>
>>378662334
Blizzard does this every game:

>Kerrigan
>Arthas
>Malthael
>Aidan
>Leah
>Arthas
>Kael'Thas
>Tychus

I can keep going
>>
Super Joe in Bionic Commando. What a son of a bitch.

I WAS TRUSTING YOU JOE.
>>
>>378662334
the hero!
>>
>>378664053
You said Arthas twice nigger.
>>
dad's the villain, kill your dad
yawn
>>
>>378662334
Tales of Symphonia 2 teased Lloyd as the villain and then attempted to have its cake and eat it. The Lloyd who was evil was just some guy in disguise, but you also fought the real deal in a race against time to collect plot MacGuffins.
>>
>>378667679
I meant Bolvar and Garrosh :^)
>>
>>378662745
Cucked into villainy.
>>
Dragons Dogma did it.
>>
>>378662745
name of the game
was he really cucked?
>>
>>378671131
LIVEAEVIL
>>
>>378671131
Live a Live, as shown on the first post.

He got cucked too, but he really got betrayed on all fronts, so it really isn't just because a girl.

It is a great twist and your experience with the game is sorta fucked by knowing that beforehand.
>>
>>378662334
Baten Kaitos did this if I recall correctly
Or was it just temporary ?
>>
>>378671131
Live a Live
>>
>>378671519
Temporary.

He later rejoins the party.
>>
>>378667931
Just like Fallout 3~ When he wanted to give water to the wasteland and you just wanted to blow up more cities like Megaton. God, that dad was such an ass.
>>
>>378662334
Warcraft 3
>>
>>378671423
i have bad memory
>>
File: CopyX2[1].jpg (52KB, 714x462px) Image search: [Google]
CopyX2[1].jpg
52KB, 714x462px
Megaman Zero would have been the best iteration of this if they didn't cop out and just pull a "it wasn't actually him"
>>
>>378662935
you either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain
>>
File: cenarius.jpg (108KB, 1024x1510px) Image search: [Google]
cenarius.jpg
108KB, 1024x1510px
>>378673067
>die a hero
>still become a villain
no one is save with blizzard
>>
>>378672998
No, that would be Inafune's faggotry in order to stroke his preference for Zero even harder by having the original X turning evil and getting killed by his dear Zero, fuck that, I'm glad they didn't go with and left X legacy untouched.
>>
it's amazing when done right, specially if he has good reasons, something like avengeance or doing something he dont want to for the greater good, or to save his sister, yeah, i love anti-heroes.
>>
>>378675536
>evil
The X series is notorious for talking about "evil mavericks" who aren't really affected by any default chip or computer virus (except when Sigma literally becomes a virus) but instead just a robot that doesn't think the way we want them to think. in the original X game Sigma uses charisma and a worthy cause to get the "mavericks" to defect to his side. While I totally agree about Inafune's huge erection for Zero, the X boss would have been bitchin' if it was X doing what he felt was truly a noble cause and that some lives must be sacrificed for the greater good. I wouldn't even mind if Zero was the one to snap him out of it and bring him down from his god pedestal. Then boom! We got X and Zero in the next one.
>>
>>378677064
>X doing what he felt was truly a noble cause and that some lives must be sacrificed for the greater good

Yeah mean it's fucking awesome to shit all over characters.
>>
can you imagine the shit storm on tumblr if the op really happened?
it would be glorious
>>
>>378677757
i don't watch shit shows
>>
>>378677757
So was it just fanart or something? The picture almost made me interested in the series.
>>
>>378677476
"No matter how sweet and innocent your leading characters, make awful things happen to them-in order that the reader may see what they are made of." - Kurt Vonnegut

So long as he's able to snap out of it and return somewhat to his old self I think it's pretty great.
>>
>>378678330

Steven Universe is legit one of the better american cartoons in recent memory. It's like a tier below avatar tla
>>
>>378678521
FAGGOT

LOOK AT HIM AND LAUGH

WHAT A FAGGOT
>>
>>378678330
I don't watch it either, but watching the tumblr meltdown would be beautiful.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.