[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the most op pve build for DaS3? Can't do shit with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

File: wyb2[2].jpg (29KB, 490x250px)
wyb2[2].jpg
29KB, 490x250px
What is the most op pve build for DaS3? Can't do shit with magic, and I was expecting easy mode.
>>
>>378657926
Vit 20
Att 30
Int/fai 35/40
Dex 14

Pyromancer
>>
>>378658097
Is fire damage that good?
>>
>>378657926
Quality (start with str) astora straight sword build + great shield.
Spam R1, sometimes roll, raise your shield when not attacking, gg.
>>
Just drop your shield and take the biggest weapon you can find. Doesn't really matter whether it's dex or str. All the Ultra-Greatswords are pretty overpowered.
>>
>>378658305
I fucking hate shields in this game man. I've got killed because of them waaaay to many times.
>>
>>378658182
Fire is way too OP on DaS3, great chaos Fireball is just too good.
>>
>>378657926
What's worse /v/, magic being completely useless like DaS3 or broken as fuck like DeS?
>>
>>378658848
I would like to see something in the middle, but magic in DaS 3 is just unfun.
>>
>>378658693
You only encounter a few enemies where having a shield is superior to not having one. A lot of people are really scared of dropping their shield entirely but it's really not a big deal.
>>
FLEX
>>
>>378658693
>>378658928

meant to reply to
>>378658659
>>
>>378658928
Well I started playing DaS3 right after BB, and I thought that picking up a knight with a strong shield would be a good idea, but nope, shit's unplayable that way.
>>
>>378658920
Magic is unfun until you hit Profaned capital, once you get the sage scroll let the spam begin, is not as fun and broken as DaS2 but it great being allowed to spam great soul arrow at will.
>>
>>378657926
For my Platinum Trophy run, I went Cleric with a Greataxe and never upgraded DEX or INT. Simply had enough FTH for healing miracles and I was be good to go. Just keep in mind that the GA's short range is a pretty big handicap that takes getting used to, but I found it to be a ton of fun and it's attack power is huge.

Once you're really far into the game, you can respecialize your stats to be more miracle focused. Combining rings like Morne's, Sun's First Born, and Lightning Clutch can yield some devastating results, although sticking to melee works just as well. Of course, the Dark Battle Axe will carry through the early parts until you have the stats for a better weapon. If you want to be a real faggot, though, then the Fallen Knight's Armor will carry you for several NG+'s.
>>
>>378659394
>is not as fun and broken as DaS2
Don't talk to me about fun and broken in DaS2. Offensive miracles were actually viable in the early game at launch until they got nerfed to fucking hell.

>>378658928
Agreed. I wanted to use the Greataxe early on and that meant shedding some heavy equipment. A shield really isn't that necessary for a good chunk of the game. Still, it's a nice backup, especially if you're not quite sure what to expect.
>>
>>378660092
>Fallen Knight's Armor
What's so faggy about it?
>>
It baffles me people are struggling with magic in ds3, it's so fucking strong. Only three bosses are resistant to magic
(Twin princes, demon princes and midir)

What the fuck are you guys doing?
>>
>>378658305
>Do this
>Get to Twin Princes
>Nothing personal kid
>>
>>378660541
>Nothing personal kids
ftfy
>>
>>378660331
>Offensive miracles were actually viable
tell me about it. normal lightning spear doing 350+ damage, greater 600 and sunlight almost 1000
>>
>>378660378
It's overpowered and everyone uses it. It's easily one of the best armor sets in the game, by far, providing excellent resistance and defense for its weight, and it can be acquired pretty early in the game. It's existence alone negates a shit ton of other armor sets as being pointless aside from just looking different. Light armors and heavy armors are alright on their own but it's rare for anyone to seek those weights; most people stick within the medium armor range and it's a handicap to pick anything other than Fallen Knight's Armor.

tl;dr - It's extremely poorly balanced and OP as fuck.
>>
File: catbananana.jpg (177KB, 960x955px)
catbananana.jpg
177KB, 960x955px
>>378657926
>he picked sorcery in short swords 3

i feel bad for you.i was there. turn back before it's too late
>>
>>378660768
Perfect, I'm getting it ASAP.
>>
>>378660752
Admittedly, it might have been too strong but it got nerfed so hard to the point that it's practically useless now. You're almost better off carrying a fucking crossbow.
>>
>>378660836
>short swords 3
kek
you mean all those r1 spammers?
>>
>>378660949
yeah, they gutted the damage AND the amount of casts so you'd have to be a masochist to even try running it again

it was just too much
>>
I just started a magic character, because I never played one
I'm pretty early in the game, should I just go for pyromancy instead? Is it more fun?
>>
>/v/ says magic is bad
>killed Nameless King (aka the hardest souls boss ever /v/ claims) by just backpeddling and shooting soul spears

you guys are faggots
>>
>>378661783
>Nameless King (aka the hardest souls boss ever /v/ claims)
Said no one ever
>>
>>378661360
Go for pyromancy m8, it's fun.
>>
>>378657926
DEX
sharp astora great sword
pharris black bow
cathedral knight helm
drang knight armor
faraam gauntlets and leggings
and make sure to titanite slab your pyromancy flame, them chaos fire orbs come in handy
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.