[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to get this game but I heard you had to replay the game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: Nier_Automata_cover_art.jpg (65KB, 357x399px) Image search: [Google]
Nier_Automata_cover_art.jpg
65KB, 357x399px
I want to get this game but I heard you had to replay the game multiple times to get the real endings and that's putting me off, how bad is it? Do you have to replay the entire game multiple times or is it just certain parts of the game? If it's the first one, I'm out.
>>
>>378655171
Please respond
>>
>>378655171
Its only certain parts and you can speedrun it rather quickly if you only do main missions.
>>
The first playtrough is unique
The second playtrough is 95% recycled shit with a worse character, playing through the exact same events, enemies and bosses
The third playtrough is unique
The 4th and 5th endings are quick and easy to get once you're done with the 3rd.

What you should be worrying about is the content itself. The combat is repetitive but serviceable enough I guess, the world design is incredibly bland and the to me the story was disappointing.
But if you're interested in it, multiple playtroughs shouldn't be a huge issue. The second playtrough can and will kill your motivation for a while but you can also just speedrun through it.
>>
Just certain parts

However, before buying/playing this game, ask yourself these questions:

>Am I a Yoko Taro fan?
>Am I a massive fan of Platinum / hack'n'slash games?
>Am I a weaboo who likes a heavy dose of anime in his videogames?

If the answer to all of these questions is no, then don't be fooled by the mainstream fame gained by this game, you will be disappointed if you buy it at full price
>>
>>378655171
Certain parts of the game, but even then its as a different character only for 1 route.

so if that is enough of a change, there is no replaying required for all "5 endings"
>>
>>378656008
>Worse character

GRRRRRRRRRRR
>>
>>378656008
So you do have to replay the entire campaign but with a different character. So it's just like DMC4, then?
>>
>>378656382
Yes, the constant internet-browser tier hacking minigame is shit. Who would have wondered.
>>
>>378656601
>So you do have to replay the entire campaign but with a different character
For the second playtrough, yes. There are some added scenes and small differences but like I said, 95% of the content is the exact same. The character plays differently and theres some more sidequests but honestly the second playtrough is just a chore even with those little things added.
Its not as bad as DMC4 since after the second playtrough it starts up again.
>>
>>378656606
I though you meant worse as in how he is written not how he's played, I get your point now anon
>>
the second playthrough reuses the content of the first but it gives more story, it's the more boring one but it's not long
the third playthrough is entirely new content and is longer than the first two, and has multiple endings
>>
File: 1482207956901.png (252KB, 494x388px) Image search: [Google]
1482207956901.png
252KB, 494x388px
>>378656765
Alright, thanks anon. I'll skip this game, then.
>>
>>378656902
also the second playthrough has you play as a different character to do the missions from their perspective, meaning you will be doing different things during missions and have different things to do although it followed the same story as the first playthrough
>>
>>378656958
Don't listen to him, he's literally lying

Most scenes in route B are different as they're seen from 9S's point of view, and there are many parts that are completely different

Refer to >>378656085 for further information
>>
>>378656958

Don't listen to him, it literally takes 2-3 hours to "replay" the game and by "replay" I mean "maybe half an hour of actually repeated content".
>>
>>378656765
>95% of the content is the exact same.
Lies.
From 10 chapters that cover Route A/B timeline the somewhat same are chapters 2-6.
While adding 12 route B side quests, some background lore for bosses / machines and extra loot from hackable chests.
>>
>>378656845
Nah, 9S is pretty much the only character I even gave a shit about. The playtrough doesn't much expand on him either so its pretty bad even with that in mind.
>>378657081
>most scenes
Yeah fuck right off anon
You still do the 20 minute running across barren and boring environments, you still fight the exact same enemies, and even when the playtrough does its own thing with the cultist factory sequence, it just turns it into an annoying platforming section.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.