[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You go back in time and you're put in charge of making the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1

File: PS_Vita_stock.jpg (98KB, 1020x678px) Image search: [Google]
PS_Vita_stock.jpg
98KB, 1020x678px
You go back in time and you're put in charge of making the NGP/Vita

What do you change and add?

What are the launch titles?
>>
All it needed was to have a micro SD card slot, then it would have taken off, no need to put extra effort from Sony, sure, the exclusive every now and then but third party developers would have done most of the heavy lifting.

I still don't get how they allowed regular laptop HDDs on the PS3 and PS4 to one up the 360 (does the xbone also use proprietary HDDs?) but they didn't use SD cards on the handheld, just fight pirates, not the customer.
>>
>>378653898
>usb cable for first model
>sd/micro sd cards

>exclusive main installment of dragon quest even for 1 year at least
>keep monster hunter for me at all costs
>>
>>378653898
Make it android based
Sd cards
>>
vita games through the playstation instead of just playstation to vita.
cheaper memory cards
>>
>>378653898
>>What do you change and add?
add physical L2 R2
remove cameras

>What are the launch titles?
Full on ps1 nostalgia

a new tomb raider
a new metal gear solid
crash team racing 2
>>
>>378653898
A touchpad and a lightbar on the back. Make exclusive games that require turning it over to check lightbar color and utilize the amazing touchpad for QTEs.
>>
>>378654501
Ironically, piracy and jailbreaking was what led the original PSP to having so much success.
>>
Besides the SD cards as others have mentioned. I would've allowed Linux support like the original PS3, and android based OS with google play support for a huge library of games and apps. Free VR mount that works like google cardboard with every Vita, which at the time of launch no android or iphone had support for so it would have been a game changer and secured it's success.
>>
sony would never use sd, it would have to be memorystick as a matter of principal
problem is you can convert sd to ms which for all we know could be the reason they forced the propriety card
>>
>>378655452
>android based
wut
>>
Pay anyone but Activision to make the obligatory system seller.
>>
>>378653898
It was doomed no matter what they tried. For it to not be a complete failure they should have focused at 100% on Japan and made it easy to pirate to attract the western psp base.
>>
It was actually relatively successful until Sony completely abandoned it in favor of the PS4. They tried to market it as a portable PS3 and that failed miserably, who the fuck wanted a portable PS3 anyways even if it was true.
>>
SD Cards goddamn
Multiple accounts on one card allowed
Mega Man PU/MHX 2
MonHun
I dunno, a revived SEGA IP?
>>
>>378653898
Square Enix is the very world to this system imo. A new FFtactics would have been great, and another Dissidia would have sold the deal for the first few months. Honestly tho, other than that, it was doomed to fail because Western has deviated from handhelds. No value in them, and no reason to invest in something that has no value.
>>
>>378660373
Becuase its not a portable ps3. Ps3 actually had games and good controls. No gommick shit in every game.
>>
>>378661767
>Honestly tho, other than that, it was doomed to fail because Western has deviated from handhelds. No value in them, and no reason to invest in something that has no value.
Yup, which is why I think any Sony handheld from now on is doomed to fail.
Assuming they do launch a PSP3 at $250, it'd then be the same price as a new PS4 bundle and it'd face the same criticism that the vita got at launch of "why should I buy this new handheld with no games when I can buy a PS4 with a bunch of games and really cheap older games instead?"
Switch is taking off because their handhelds always do well, and they pulled out of their homeconsole business so the switch isn't competing with any other Nintendo product. Sony doesn't have either of those luxuries so it'd be a hard fought, uphill battle that I don't think they care to do, nor would they win. Their resources are better spent at console stuff which they're doing well at.
>>
I prefered the Vita to the 3DS.

There was just something magical about it. A feeling that I did not have with the 3DS.
>>
No rear touchpad, no cameras, SD cards, MonHun, maybe L2/R2, $200.
>>
>>378653898
I think making portables with console specs is a bad idea. Make it some cheap $100 thing with no quality standards and you have the next gameboy.
>>
>>378653898
Put Nintendo in charge of it
Profit
>>
>>378653898
Every single thing about the Vita shows a distrust by Sony for its users. Simple things like backing up saves or exporting/importing pictures and videos was castrated to the point where you could tell they were tying our hands in an effort to make themselves more money.

The OS has glaring problems having to do with crashes, speed, maneuverability and customization that i would have changed.
>>
>>378653898
SD cards. No back panel, no cameras. Actually use the expansion port to add optional accessories like cameras etc.

Done.
>>
>>378653898
>$50 lower price tag (remove back panel or something to make up the cost)
>stick buttons or at least L2/R2
>SD cards rather than proprietary

Done and done.
>>
>>378669309
Just taking off the back panel isn't going to lower the price by $50, especially not if they're going to add more buttons, too. Expensive proprietary cards were a way to make back money for the system, too.
>>
L2/3, R2/3, microSD cards, no rear touchpad

Launch games: Resistance Retribution 2, God of War Ghost of Sparta (delayed for Vita, fuck psp), a good platformer, something like Rayman 4, Monster Hunter, even if it's a port with better res and controls.

PS+ and PSP/PS1 BC since day 1.

Vita saved.
>>
>>378669913
Lowering the initial cost would have prompted far more people to buy the system. It was VERY exppensive at launch, no matter which way you cut it.

Making back hardware losses in software sales is a tactic that has been used for multiple systems, if Vita was going to have a chance out of the gate it needed to be done.
>>
>>378669040
>Remove the camera
>Sell a camera as an add on
>>
>>378658691
The architecture is based on the Ipad 5
>>
>>378665905
Putting the worst handheld company in charge. Yeah ok.
>>
>>378653898

>What do you change and add?
Make proprietary memory cheaper or at least allow SD/MicroSD. Somehow implement L2/R2 and possibly L3/R3 into the hardware. Cut costs by removing shit features like rear camera (AR is and was a gimmick). Get rid of the touch pad on the back and the touch screen on the front.

>What are the launch titles?
Ratchet and Clank launch title. Monhun for the monhuntards is a MUST. Original COD game not a shit port. Original GTA game.
Heavily advertise aforementioned titles with hints of multiplayer capabilities.
Don't abandon it when things get rough. Fuck you for doing that Sony.
>>
New Monster Hunter as a launch title.
Here ya go, fixed everything.
>>
Micro SD slot. That's all it needed to be perfect.
>>
>>378653898
I have this crazy idea, now hear me out for just a second. What if, and that's a big IF, we put more effort into advertising the Vita as a handheld gaming device and not a PS4 controller? And how about we put more effort into advertising the Vita?
>>
>>378653898
Change it's name from fucking Vita holy shit what were they thinking
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.