[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fuck this Scottish talking tree. Spreading his cancerous tendrils

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 17

File: Unfallen.png (1MB, 1000x500px) Image search: [Google]
Unfallen.png
1MB, 1000x500px
Fuck this Scottish talking tree. Spreading his cancerous tendrils across the solar systems

Endless Legend thread.
>>
File: [ominous clerical music].jpg (38KB, 620x349px) Image search: [Google]
[ominous clerical music].jpg
38KB, 620x349px
>>378650475
>legend
man I fucked up
I meant space. Endless Space
>>
You're aware that Stellaris exists, right?

You know, that game that is better than Endless Space 2 in every single way and also came out first?
>>
File: Daro St. Taiage.jpg (41KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
Daro St. Taiage.jpg
41KB, 360x360px
>>378650693
Good for you anon, go play stellaris then
>>
File: Ancient Riftborn Creature.gif (3MB, 255x255px) Image search: [Google]
Ancient Riftborn Creature.gif
3MB, 255x255px
>>
>>378650693
>Paradox game
>good

As someone that has over 3,000 hours in their games, it's all garbage. Kys.
>>
So I played ES1 and you didn't have to make an outpust and wait for 10 turns before it becomes a colony. Is there any way to speed that shit up beyond the dust/migration/enemy options? I can see there's a way to transport population between colonies but it didn't allow it to outposts.

Also can you kill off population? Smelly dumb migrants keep coming to my planets, so what do I have to do to keep my race pure?
>>
>>378651103
The more food the original colony has the shorter the time before it becomes fully functional. So if you colonise the planet with the most food first it will be a shorter time
>>
>>378651335
That's obvious but is that it? No way to instantly get a colony even when I have tons of surplus population other systems?
>>
File: Pulsos.jpg (264KB, 1260x680px) Image search: [Google]
Pulsos.jpg
264KB, 1260x680px
just dumping some art
>>
>>378651471
Unless you play the trees then yes that's it
>>
Maybe I just haven't played enough but so far it doesn't feel like much of an improvement over the first. Politics don't add a lot and you can safely ignore it for 99% of the game. Battles are still the same dogshit. Everything else is just the same shit as the first game except in a new coat of paint.

I like how heroes have their own ships now but hate how every hero just gets a generic goofy clown ship instead of something that represents the species they come from.

Overall it's really disappointing and I'd only recommend it to people who didn't play the first game at all.
>>
File: 435345.jpg (407KB, 1260x680px) Image search: [Google]
435345.jpg
407KB, 1260x680px
GET OUT OF MY FUCKING GALAXY!

REEEEEEEE!
>>
>>378652546
Fuck off little alienware shit
>>
File: Vodyani.jpg (49KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
Vodyani.jpg
49KB, 360x360px
>>378652598
>not liking little alienware shits
>>
>>378652343
Politics are incredibly important for optimal play. Some of the laws are very powerful.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (124KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
124KB, 1280x720px
Daily reminder: Don't bully alien Billy Gates in school.
>>
File: force.jpg (19KB, 130x292px) Image search: [Google]
force.jpg
19KB, 130x292px
Does this game have a diplomatic faction yet? I always enjoyed fucking people over with Drakken diplomacy in EL.
>>
File: 6125313529641.jpg (16KB, 265x265px) Image search: [Google]
6125313529641.jpg
16KB, 265x265px
>>378653053
>You will never love yourself so much that you're willing to create an entire intergalactic empire made from clones who are exactly like you
>>
File: Riftborn's attempt at 4th wall.jpg (165KB, 1324x779px) Image search: [Google]
Riftborn's attempt at 4th wall.jpg
165KB, 1324x779px
lel
>>
>>378653979
RB have a lot of fucked tooltips
>>
Buy it now or wait for a sale lads? How likely is it to get a good discount in the summer sale?

I've bought all of their other games but always before release so I never paid attention to sales.
>>
>>378654345
it's a 4X game, safe bet is to wait for the DLC
>>
File: gibs me dust.jpg (156KB, 1331x773px) Image search: [Google]
gibs me dust.jpg
156KB, 1331x773px
Reminder to exterminate cravers whereever you are
>>
>>378650475
The Unfallen are a weird faction.

They're supposed to be the most pacifist faction in the game, so you'd think they'd be bros and that having them next to you is a good thing. And yet they're higher on my shitlist than even the omnicidal Cravers or the serial-backstabbing Lumeris.

The fact that they don't give a shit about borders and will happily grow their hippy cancer vines all over my pristine planets means that even as uber-pacifists you need to exterminate them like the fucking weeds that they are or get fucked.

The only real bros in the game are the Sophons. They just want their science and their memes and as long as you don't fuck with them they'll be your bros and hand you free research agreements.
>>
>Play first game as the United Empire
>overall peaceful, have a small cluster of powerful planets while assimilating smaller races home planets into our beautiful empire
>Horatio decides he wants to tussle and tries to take a couple of my planets
>retaliate full force and max my economy and direct all science output to new ships and weapons
>Slowly capture all of his planets and almost to his homeworld
>right as I take the planet next to his homeworld, I discover the core cracker weapon
>Fly my fleet of 40k attack strength to Horatio Prime
>Death star the shit out of his shitty homeworld leaving a dead, broken planet with millions dead in an instant

Serves you right you cloning fuck. Don't fuck with the Emprah
>>
File: slut.jpg (185KB, 1329x774px) Image search: [Google]
slut.jpg
185KB, 1329x774px
>>378654913
Yeah pretty much. Sophons so far diplomatically speaking have never fucked me over or suddenly declared war on my ass. The unfallen are similar to gandhi from the civ games.

Pic related is the most backstabbering cunt
>>
Bumping for more endless spess
>>
File: really.gif (2MB, 660x512px) Image search: [Google]
really.gif
2MB, 660x512px
>>378655159
>be Riftborn
>Lumeris are the first faction I discover
>"we love peace and trade, let's be bros"
>ok fine cool I guess
>"you are my special goy lemme suck your dick some"
>aw yiss
>a bit later meet the United Empire
>they're being faggots and demanding tribute
>fuck no
>they declare war because I'm not giving them shit
>get a message from Lumeris
>"we noticed you're at war and decided this is a good time to backstab you"
>"pshh, nothing personell kid"
>fuck fuck fuck
>eventually manage to fuck up the entire Empire
>another message from Lumeris
>"pls don't hurt us it was just a prank bro"
>ok fine I need to rebuild from the war anyway
>little while later I get forced into a war with that cunt Horatio
>message from Lumeris
>"we noticed you're at war and decided this is a good time to backstab you"
>"pshh, nothing personell kid"
>mfw

Fuck those fishkikes.
>>
File: Lumeris art.jpg (404KB, 1260x709px) Image search: [Google]
Lumeris art.jpg
404KB, 1260x709px
>>378655765
>fishkikes
I had something similar going on as well
>bros with the sophons
>cravers are at war with the lumeris
>please help us in an alliance
>sure
>THEY DECLARE WAR ON ME WHILE FIGHTING THE CRAVERS
>I NEARLY LOST MY SHIT
>get my shit pushed in by Cuntyani
fuck everything
>>
>>378656197
What difficulty was this on?

Vodyani always end up being the weakest faction in my games so far. As soon as their Arks stop being relevant in battle they pretty much just roll over.
>>
>>
>>378656495
Hard. They invaded me out of fucking nowhere.
>>
>>378655765
>>378656197
In my first game I found the Lumeris first, peace treaty'd them, and then sometime later, without even being at war with anyone else and without them having anywhere close to a superior military they declare war.

I took all their shit and only stopped when I got tired of waiting on manpower.
>>
>>378657265
I'm playing on hard as well. It's probably just a coincidence then.
>>
>>378652546
>alien
>in some sort of robosuit
>wearing a fucking bandana on its face
For what purpose.
>>
>>378655765
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJEvhi2OlEY
>>
>>378657518
The Sophons are like teenage memelords with an IQ of 300.

The Mavros (>>378652546) are Sophons except edgy as fuck.
>>
File: 1492516558736.jpg (41KB, 470x317px) Image search: [Google]
1492516558736.jpg
41KB, 470x317px
>>378650693
>You know, that game that is better than Endless Space 2 in every single way
lel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCddANybN_0
>>
>>378657782
>Mavros anthem is LET THE BODIES HIT THE FLOOR
>>
which of the factions AREN'T dickheads?
>>
>>378654913
>The only real bros in the game are the Sophons.
Riftborn are super loyal as well. As are Vodyani, curiously. They just bully you hard at the beginning of the game, but if you bribe peace with them or even an alliance they'll love you.
>>
>>378654913
Those fucks move their weeds into my space and then start bitching about my ships in their territories. Fuck them
>>
>>378655765
>>378656197
>people getting fucked up in ES2
how bad do you have to be?
>>
Are Vodyani and Horatio the only nice and pure races in the game? Rest look like tremendous multicultural bull preppers whose empire starts to resemble one giant Sweden by the end of playthrough.
>>
I fucking love ai.
>most powerful force in galaxy
>empire retard with lowest score of all factions demand tribute
>lol no
>declares war
>i move my fleet to destroy him
>hey dont blocade my trade roots!
>gets destroyed didnt even begged for mercy
>sophons dont like my fleets even if they are moving in my borders
>yo dude stop moving your fleets its war nao
>ok faggot
>hey dont blocade my trade roots!
>he gets nearly destroyed
>vodyani from another side of galaxy backstab me with smug face
>even through they getting raped by horatio for 50 turns
>10 turns later
>l-lets make peace
>ok
>10 turns later
>h-help me pls i im getting bullied
>>
>>378658651
Every race can be pure if you want them to be. If you don't like aliens on your planets, just get rid of them.
>>
>>378650693
I wish Stellaris took some hints from Endless Space 2.

ES2 is definitely the better and more polished game, but I think Stellaris has more potential if they keep patching and updating it, simply because the scale and scope are that much bigger (and in games like this, bigger is very much better IMO).

The main two things I hope they learn from ES2 is quests/events and politics.

ES2 has storylines for each race that, for 4X standards anyway, are very interesting and engaging. I realize this wouldn't work quite as well for Stellaris since you have a practically endless amount of "unique" races you could design, but you could still have racial quests based on race type, government type, or whatever. Anything to make the midgame less dreadful, is my point. A story quests could definitely make things more interesting as it would at least give you an incentive to go out of your way to accomplish objectives you otherwise wouldn't give a shit about, this making sure players have a reason to explore gameplay alternatives. Competitive quests are also an interesting concept, where players focusing on a certain aspect of the game get special rewards that aren't available to other players.
>>
>>378659404
The political system in Stellaris is a bit of a mess. On the one hand it's unintuitive and not sufficiently supported by the UI, and on the other hand it doesn't have enough of an impact for the player to really give a shit. Stellaris does this 100% better. First of all, it makes politics and elections very transparent. You can see who won the election, who voted for them, and even why people are voting for a certain ethos all with an easy to understand UI (Amplitude is really fucking good at UI design in general). If you want a Militarist government it's easy to figure out why people aren't voting for Militarist and what you can do to increase Militarist attraction. And it doesn't just boil down to "lol increase happiness bonus and government attraction bonus" like Stellaris. On the other hand, the fact that elections have a direct effect on both the laws you can use (comparable to edicts in Stellaris) and the happiness of your pops means that the political system also has a much more direct and obvious impact on the performance of your empire than in Stellaris.

If you equate political parties in ES2 with factions in Stellaris, it's not hard to see how some of ES2's political features could easily be adapted into Stellaris' gameplay, and how they could help make Stellaris more fun to play, more immersive and more mechanically transparent.
>>
>>378658651
Horatio is all about that multikulti. It's just that he also has the biotech to make everyone into more Horatios.

>>378659404
I get the feeling that Paradox knows that story quests are a good thing, that's why they released the Horizon Signal DLC as free content. It's just that the Worm had a lot of negatives associated with it that made people hesitant to delve too deeply into it, because one wrong choice and your race has totally mutated into a bunch of militaristic goons.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.