[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why were fans so salty about Mn9? It wasn't perfect by any

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: lol.jpg (469KB, 1884x759px) Image search: [Google]
lol.jpg
469KB, 1884x759px
Why were fans so salty about Mn9? It wasn't perfect by any means, but it was a solid attempt to revive the series that Capcom killed.
>>
It was a shitty attempt. It didn't do anything that Mega Man did well, it didn't do anything that MMX did well, it didn't do anything that MMZ did well, it didn't do anything that MMZX did well.

Maybe it was just a poor game by itself, but for something that was supposed to "revive Mega Man", it certainly didn't seem to understand what made any of the Mega Man series good. And that's why people are upset: not because it was a bad game, but because it was a bad game which didn't live up to its promises.
>>
>>378642024

or maybe, just maybe, the hopes and expectations were completely unrealistic?
>>
>>378642931
Why would it be unrealistic?
It's not like we're expecting crazy graphics and Megaman gameplay isn't exactly hard to understand.

If they made a game of a similar quality to the Zero series then people would probably be happy enough. That was probably developed with a much smaller budget and was for a handheld.

You have small indie devs making better megaman clones than the 'original' creator.
>>
>>378642931
>from the creator of Mega Man
>inspired by Mega Man
>designed to play like Mega Man
>expect some good platforming, good level design, enemy placement that requires using your skills to bypass - like Mega Man
>get CRY LIKE AN ANIME FAN ON PROM NIGHT
No, I don't think my expectations were unrealistic.

It's not that it's a decent Mega Man-like game that wasn't well received. It's not that it is even a decent Mega Man-like game with some faults. Hell, it's not that it is a decent game that was poorly received. It's just a poor game.
>>
>>378642931
Have you played the game? My expectations were low going in and I was still disappointed. The game play is shit, the voice acting is cringey, the story is near non-existent, the level design is bland and overall it's just fucking boring. I barely could bring myself to finish the damn thing

It's a shit game, expectations have nothing to do with with it.
>>
>>378641090
>it was a solid attempt to revive the series

No it wasn't.
>>
>>378642931
Bullshit. The expectations were realistic for a game that had at least 4 million dollar budget, since the after-kickstarter donations were afaik never disclosed
>>
>>378643292

what would you give it out of 10?
>>
>>378643292
When will this creator of Mega Man meme die?
>>
>>378643403

Inafune said they only got 60% of the kickstarter money. So the budget was only 2.3 million. Which is a pittance for Vidya budgets.

You know most PS2 games had budgets around 8 million right? So this is falling into "budget" title from a few generations ago.
>>
does anyone have a download link to the artbook
>>
File: marvel_vs_capcom_infinite-3-1.jpg (179KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
marvel_vs_capcom_infinite-3-1.jpg
179KB, 1920x1080px
Meanwhile Capcom brings out an old, true icon from the grave to smite Inafune in the in.
>>
File: keiji inafune.jpg (262KB, 753x668px) Image search: [Google]
keiji inafune.jpg
262KB, 753x668px
>>378643464

When the media stops repeating it. Put Inafune's name into google news. 90% will refer to him as the series creator, designer of Mega man, series director, etc. The fact that they can't seem to agree what in the hell his job is, speaks vollumes.

Also of note, the New York Times actually got it right.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/10/technology/personaltech/video-game-raised-148-million-from-fans-now-its-raising-issues.html?_r=0
>>
>>378643428
3/10 at best. There's some characters with interesting designs (if you can get past their horrendously annoying voices). The game play is technically similar to mega Man and the controls arent terrible but the level design is so shit it makes the gameplay unenjoyable. Poorly spaced jumps, instant kill surfaces spaced in ways that require trial and error memorization, and boring corridors after corridor with forgettable enemies.

I think all of the levels are accessible from the start if I remember right. I think the only way I could recommend it is if you pirate it and skip around until you get bored and stop. As long as people aren't giving this game money
>>
>>378644556
>3/10 at best.

t asshurt mega manbaby.

Grow up.
>>
File: 1435400432077.png (259KB, 1198x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1435400432077.png
259KB, 1198x1200px
>>378641090
>>
>Few video game developers can be considered auteurs, but when Keiji Inafune's name is attached to a project, it carries a certain weight. As the designer of the Mega Man series, he created a franchise known for blistering difficulty, pitch-perfect platforming, and iconic 2D combat. But at what point does that fame become a hindrance? At what point does his legacy hold him back from new creative pursuits? We caught up with Inafune at Gamescom 2016 to talk to him about his upcoming project Recore, comparisons to Mega Man, and coming to grips with the past.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/keiji-inafune-on-the-shadow-of-mega-man-and-burden/1100-6442700/
>>
>>378644889
gr8 b8 m8 I r8 8/8
>>
File: 1478438919252.png (24KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
1478438919252.png
24KB, 240x240px
>It stinks like Mighty No. 2
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.