[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to talk about Bravely Second. I just finished it tonight,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: Agnes.jpg (161KB, 920x647px) Image search: [Google]
Agnes.jpg
161KB, 920x647px
I want to talk about Bravely Second. I just finished it tonight, so here are my thoughts on it. The writing was definitely subpar compared to the first game... I'd heard that they changed main writers and this was very obvious. Character personalities became very shallow - especially Edea's, they butchered her character horribly - although I admit Tiz was a bit of an improvement because they made him come off as more mature and allocated some of his former J-protagonist type traits to Yew instead. Consistently I kept getting the feeling throughout the game that the new writers really didn't two shits about the OG cast and wanted to push their new characters Yew and Magnolia, who despite all attempts to make me care about them pretty much failed due to lacking the snappy chemistry and dialogue of the group in the first game. While there were still some good bits of humor and writing, the skits barely made me crack a smile half the time compared to the non-stop laughter from before, the >dinnertime simulator bits became tedious and stale after the third time it was just
>character makes food
>WOAHOHSAH THIS SOOOO GOOD!!!
>5 minutes of going into detail about what food they were eating
Actually, given the constant references to fucking food the writer must have a fetish for this type of shit. That's the only explanation I can think of this and taking Edea's MINOR personality quality about being a glutton and loving super sweet desserts and making it her entire fucking character. I was so disappointed about what they did to her given she was my favourite in Default, and don't even get me started on their treatment of Ringabel. He better have a main position in the next game to make up for how little he was around in Second.
>>
>>378631459
The ending felt very abrupt and while the ending dungeon looked cool, the game did not manage to give me any mounting sense of anticipation. It felt to me like a very, very poor attempt at imitating the concepts of the first game but with none of the correct build-up or decent writing to accompany it. Also, having the Celestial Realm meant to represent the forces of good and being "our" world in Default, then having some evil bitch god from there as the antagonist in Second was fucking retarded. It would have made way more sense if Anne was serving Ouroboros and trying to succeed where Airy fell.

Tiz and Agnes are cute though, so that made it worth it. Oh, and expanding on the background of how the Plague happened was cool too actually. Bravely Third when?
>>
bravely second takes some steps backwards, but its still a pretty good experience

default has its own issues especially with the entire second half of the game, and also they always talk about food way too much, but damn if the battle system isn't dope in both games. It kinda makes slogging through the shitty parts a non issue
>>
I was pretty upset with how they flanderised Edea in to a one note character. I still love her, but I hope if there's a third game its handled by someone else.
>>
>>378631576
I enjoyed the new classes, but I found the battles not to be as challenging even remotely. No 4-way brawls like Default. I had to get to level 99 and still had some struggle with certain battles but I finished everything in Second mid-70s. Barely even got to explore some of the new cool classes you get close to the end.

>>378631678
Oh fucking definitely. What happened to the writer who did Default? Why did he step down?
>>
I like Second over Default purely due to the midgame twist not making the rest of the game a massive slog and improving it instead.
>>
>>378631459
The sequel was super low budget.
New team for the most part, original writers axed, original composer axed, 90% of the game is reused assets from BD, it's just trash.
>>
>>378631983
I'll agree that they made you repeat worlds way too many times in Default, but by contrast I thought that Second didn't have ENOUGH content. Default, while requiring you to repeat scenarios, still had differing dialogue and offered increasingly challenging boss fights. The slight differences between the dimensions made it more tolerable to me, but cutting 5 loops down to 3 would have improved things significantly.
>>
>>378632261
What's the deal with that? BD didn't sell as well as they anticipated, or were they being greedy?
>>
>>378632350
Greed.
They expected AAA mainstream sales from a fucking handheld RPG.
Same with them saying that Chrono Trigger DS selling 1.2 million was major disappointment in sales. They actually fucking expected a port of a SNES game to sell 5 million with a brand new game pricetag.

Square Enix is beyond fucking retarded.
>>
>>378631787

The writer of the original wrote Steins;Gate, I guess he was too busy on other projects so the producers took over joint writing duties. I thought the second game was far inferior writing wise.

New composer, I thought most of his songs were worse than the originals. Worse writing, masses and masses of reused content, even entire dungeons. It was like Bravely Default 1.5, the series deserved a better sequel.
>>
>>378632476
I wish I could say I'm surprised, but I'm not. Poor IP management seems to be their game these days... it's almost like they're competing with Capcom or something.

>>378632486
>writer of Steins;gate
Really? I didn't know. That explains so much about everything.
Agreed about the new composer... the only new song I really liked was the one that played when the dopey soldiers were on-screen. The original had an amazing OST overall.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.