[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>easy is so easy it's boring >normal anal rapes me

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4

File: DC_Box_Art.jpg (164KB, 300x390px) Image search: [Google]
DC_Box_Art.jpg
164KB, 300x390px
>easy is so easy it's boring
>normal anal rapes me

Ok I just started it, so I'm obviously really shitty, but jesus christ, within the first two minutes of the game the AI swarms me with troops, and I barely have the time to create one squad.
How do I git gud?
>>
File: 1489174122038.jpg (86KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1489174122038.jpg
86KB, 1000x1000px
Install DoWPro
>>
>>378628104
which version?
>>
>>378627712
>play orks
>get dakka
>>
>>378628334
The latest one for dark crusade, dunno been years since I last played it. Makes it a million times better though, increases pop size, can zoom camera waay out and other nice shit.
>>
Also, maybe go Easy but use a hard race like Necrons or Tau?
>>
>>378628950
I'm trying Tau as first rave. On Easy I steamroll the AI, there's no match at all, but on Normal it's already very difficult even to hold the line.

>catcha: extra bull st
couldn't agree more
>>
DoW is fun but it gets more shit the longer the game drags on. play a scbw or wc3 op, you'll have more fun
>>
>>378629134
I never play the campaign with these games, just do the tutorial and always go for the skirmish right off the bat. I never got into Warhammer but a fiend gifted this one to me so I wanted to give it a try. If I like it I'll consider moving to something else.
>>
>>378629270
yeah i was talking about skirmish games not the campaign. late game balance is dumb in DoW because it takes forever to kill le elite hero unitz. the game itself is cool and thematic, and credit to them because there are like 12 races, but still.
>>
what I hate about the AI in dawn of war is that while in the beginning it seems to do fairly well, past like 20 minutes it just gives up and stops building things for some weird reason
>>
>>378628950
Wait, Necrons are considered a hard race? How? By the time the AI gets to you on Easy, you'll have at least two full Warrior squads plus your Lord, which will crush anything short of a full honor guard or a Stronghold wave.
>>
OP again, where can I find the official updates and patches? They're required to use the mods.
>>
>>378629904
by owning the game on steam?
>>
>>378629904
shouldn't steam auto update it? i thought you were gifted the game
>>
>>378629947
>>378629959
by gifting I mean he gave me the psysical copy
it was years ago, I think it was a birthday or some shit
>>
>>378630112
just torrent the full version on the game then...
>>
>>378630202
>torrenting the game even though I have the actual thing
anyway, it doesn't matter, I found a source. Last question, is the 1.11 patch necessary or can I go just for the 1.20?
>>
>>378627712

Most important thing in DoW is capturing points and keeping a steady troop supply. Do not turtle in your base like some faggot and take over as much of the map as possible, fortify that shit and harrass the enemy. It is an aggressive game, most people take some time to get used to it.

I remember playing at a lan-party with some friends who are shitters like you and I curbstomped them 3v1 only because they refused to let go of their Starcraft turtle faggotry.
They complained the whole day that I am a "rushing noob" lmao.
>>
>>378631141
>starcraft
>turtle gameplay
what?
>>
>>378631368
Probably mech or skytoss players.
>>
>>378631508
oh sorry i assumed anything starcraft was sc1 given how dead sc2 is
>>
Not talking shit, I love the game but holy fuck. I tried to play it last week and I'd forgotten how terrible the pathing is. It's a damn shame.
>>
>>378631368
Turtle was pretty common with "fastest map" shitters back when I used to play Brood War.
>>
File: 65465.png (375KB, 572x464px) Image search: [Google]
65465.png
375KB, 572x464px
>>378627712
Oh yeah?
You should try Supreme Commander on easy and tell me how it goes.
>>
Did you find out you can autobuild squad reinforcements (or anything else) by right clicking? It takes a lot if the micromanaging out.
>>
>>378628807
>vanilla necrons only get 20 pop max
Who the fuck at relic thought that was a fun idea. Earlygame necron is fucking torture since only your scarabs can cap points and normal and hard enemies can just spam infantry at you. The only saving grace is that rushing the res orb artifact can potentially max out your pop cap instantly.
>>
>>378629063
Focus on using kroots as fodder
Their only purpose is to keep an enemy pinned while fire warriors shoot at them
>>
>>378629831
They're harder on later difficulties, but their unbeatable nature on easy makes them good tutorial factions.
>>
>>378627712
quite simple really
>play as space marines
>create 1 squad of standard space marines
>use hero unit to defend them as they capture points
>upgrade that squad as you go
>you WILL defeat anything the enemy throws at you as you comfortably manage an economy
>create another squad of the exact same type simply to send them to defend any one of your points that ends up getting attacked
>they WILL win no matter what as long as you upgrade them immediately and use them only for defense
at that point you can win the game unless you want to capture the whole map. just rush your 2 squads and hero in a group until you find the enemy's main base. this cannot fail whatsoever no matter who you fight, but if for some reason you cannot do offense anymore just use those 2 squads and hero for defense until you have enough resources to get 1 tank
>>
File: 1492522934168.png (272KB, 359x320px) Image search: [Google]
1492522934168.png
272KB, 359x320px
>>378629831
Talking about on Normal and above. They're a bit of a novelty and require some learning.
>>
>>378627712
Sweet
>>
>>378627712
You wot?
Normal is ridiculously easy.
>>
>>378632129
>farseer psychic storms your muhreens to shit while avengers tickle them down and the farseer and banshees trade with the fc
gg
>>
>>378631652
AI is pretty easy to beat in SupCom, because you can out macro them by practicing just a little bit. Also microing against the AI early on does provide good advantage.

The way DoW is set up, it's harder to macro up a decent advantage early on.

DoW micro is more confusing and units don't always seem to obey (things that newbies tend to miss are units stuck in animations, fucked up stances, getting tied up in melee), while SupCom is pretty straightforward because units react right away.
>>
>>378632535
what you mean is DoW is clunky (which it is)
>>
>>378631650
Yeah but Fastest doesn't really count since it alters the rules too much and specifically is made to favor turtlers. Even then they failed at that, because being aggressive in Fastest will usually gets you the win.

In general, all RTSs tend to favor aggressive players, even those that supposedly include "anti-rush" measures and try to favor defense, like SupCom tried to do at the start.
>>
>>378627712
Isn't this thegame where the AI cheats at higher difficulties? Or maybe I'm thinking of a different game.
>>
>>378632636
Well yeah, DoW is pretty clunky, but some of it is on purpose, to make it a more "realistic" or "cinematic" feel I guess, with the units not reacting instantly when engaged in combat and the long kill animations.

Still, experienced players know how to exploit the clunkiness, while newbies will be frustrated by it.

On the other hand, CoH had some of the same design decisions, but it feels a lot less clunky. I think the lack of melee and kill animations really makes a difference.
>>
>>378632819
they get more resources on the two hardest difficulties yes
>>
>>378632819
You're thinking of every RTS ever.
>>
>>378632942
lack of units being tied up in a melee dance is probably why it feels less clunky, and I don't recall CoH having nearly as bad pathing issues, that shit can be so frustrating in DoW when it takes a minute for a vehicle to get past a couple of buildings
>>
>>378632819
Many games feature AI opponents that don't follow the same rules as the player.
>>
>>378633052
>pathing issues
I'm getting flashbacks to playing on Daturias Pits.

I think that map was bugged or something, units kept getting stuck if I wasn't careful with them.
>>
does anyone have the camera zoom mod? relic forums went down and it's impossible to find the version of the mod that came with the app thing for adjusting the settings
>>
>>378627712
Your units have TWICE the amount of HP on """Normal""". TWICE.
>>378629628
It does that if you deny it most of its control points. If you just leave it be it will cover half of the map in stuff. I've seen Ork AI build dozens and dozens of WAAAAGH banners, for example.
>>
>be me
>get dc for friend birthday
>play release version
>eldar vs necron(me)
>i keep suiciding army in his base
>he makes final push when he gets momentum
>i send necron lord into his base and res everyone
lelic balance
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.