[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This game isn't very good. Between the combat and the PS2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 1473428293241.jpg (45KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
1473428293241.jpg
45KB, 460x215px
This game isn't very good. Between the combat and the PS2 tier graphics, I regret playing this as my first MH style game. I hope the rest of the subgenre isn't as shit.
>>
File: carrer carrer.jpg (5KB, 300x57px) Image search: [Google]
carrer carrer.jpg
5KB, 300x57px
>>378624676
>plays the imitation first instead of the original
>>
>>378624676
I didn't like it either
>>
>>378624676

Its a low-budget knockoff of a grind-fest game made by the Dynasty Warriors team

What on earth did you expect?
>>
>>378624676
Weird, i thought it was pretty fun and simple.
>>
Sort of off topic, but i wonder how they're gonna make the open world work in DW9

You just walk endlessly and beat up dudes? Doesn't sound very interesting to me
>>
>>378624676
>the PS2 tier graphics
This meme has well exceeded it's welcome. Sure the game might not be AAA but PS2 games looked like shit.

I haven't even played the game.

Try emulating Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD on PPSSPP. /MHG/ on /vg/ probably has links to download it still.
>>
>>378624676
does this one have the macro furry catgirl?
>>
play MH or dont bother.
>>
It was fun for the couple of weeks I played it but it got repetitive way faster than MH did.
>>
>>378624676
The problem with this game is that they're jewing it for $60 when it's worth only half that at most and there's a chance of a Kiwami version later on.
>>
>>378624676
Agreed
>>
>>378629357
>Try emulating Monster Hunter Portable 3rd
What about Freedom unite?
>>
>>378634781
Freedom Unite is not very beginner friendly as it's 2nd gen (portable 3rd is 3rd gen) where monster animations and hitboxes are mostly bullshit that you need to learn to anticipate without any tells. From 3rd gen on they started designing the monsters better and weapon balance also got a lot more reasonable.

Now Portable 3rd still isn't perfect and is missing a lot of newer stuff but it's the best point to get started in the series without any entry cost.

And the key is to emulate an eng translated Portable 3rd HD which was actually a PS3 game but it was a port of a PSP game so it runs on the PSP emulator PPSSPP.
>>
>>378635332
Perfect, thanks man.
>>
>>378635332
not OP but what weapon should I use
>>
>>378635461
Ultimately use what seems fun to you. If you don't actually find it fun try a different one.

Gunner weapons aren't very beginner friendly and neither is the Great Sword or the Hunting Horn. Hunting Horn is also more fit for party play.

There's a training NPC in the town that will allow you to test out different weapons and also when you create your character you get the basic version of every weapon in your storage box.

MH as a game is a lot easier to get into if you have someone who has played the game to explain some things to you and also it's a lot more fun to hunt with friends. PPSSPP supports network play.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.