[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you keep your switch games running all the time? (I.e. pressing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: 533266-nintendo-switch.jpg (24KB, 740x416px) Image search: [Google]
533266-nintendo-switch.jpg
24KB, 740x416px
Do you keep your switch games running all the time?
(I.e. pressing the power button to put the switch into sleep mode while the game is running so you can just continue playing when you wake the switch up again.)
Can that damage the games? Can that damage the switch?
>>
>Can this feature built into the system cause damage?

Yeah probably
>>
>>378616764
I'm pretty sure the point of sleep mode on any device is to not cause damage and allow the user to pick up where they were.
>>
>>378616873
>>378616880
he's asking if it's safe to do it without ever turning the console off, as opposed to only sleeping it temporarily
>>
>>378617045
Yes, I'm talking about the extrem case.
For instance, could you safely keep playing breath of the wild for 12 months with only putting the console to sleep (not shutting it off), recharching as it needs recharching and never closing the game?
>>
pretty sure i've turned my PC off about 5 times this whole year.
>>
>>378616764
they taste gross right
>>
>>378617884
Confirmed.
The switch cartridges do taste nasty.
My friend brought his over once and I tried his BotW.
Like... Ear wax combined with the grease off a man's forehead after working out.
>>
>>378616764
I imagine it works like most tablets today. So no, I doubt it'd damage the system to have applications running constantly.

I've had the same iPad for the past 5-years and I've never turned it off and I constantly have apps running in the background. Still works like charm.
>>
How do you even turn it off? I always just press the power button.
>>
>>378618662
Hold the power button for a few seconds and choose power options or something like that.
>>
>>378618662
>Hold down the power button on the top of the screen for around five seconds
>You’ll see a menu that offers you sleep mode or power options, select power options
>You can then choose to restart or turn off the system. Choose to turn it off.

Simply pressing the power button will only put the system n sleep-mode.
>>
>>378618836

what if you do a half-press?
>>
>>378618964
Sleep mode.
>>
>>378618964
what if you do a half-press after you build up speed for 12 hours?
>>
>>378619179
Sleep mode
>>
only put it in sleep mode when I'm charging
>>
>>378616764
Probably does more wear on the components to cold-boot the thing than just wake it from sleep.
On the other hand, constantly keeping it in sleep mode will more quickly use up the battery's lifespan of charge-discharge cycles.
>>
>>378619585
Is the lifespan of batteries still a problem today? I mean, pretty much every smartphone is running 24/7 for years.
>>
File: gordon-ramsay-840x630.jpg (115KB, 840x630px) Image search: [Google]
gordon-ramsay-840x630.jpg
115KB, 840x630px
>Switch
>games
>>
>>378616764
No because I'm not a lazy retard; it's $300 tech, at least have the courtesy to turn it off.
Also the lack of people online who seem to not clean their screens is appalling, clean your shit
>>
>>378616764
Worst I've heard is a few games having bugs such as consecutive blood moon nights in BotW after being left in sleep mode in-game for week or more, Minecraft waking the system from sleep on its own, and Disgaea 5 crashing after being turned back on from a long sleep. These are just software related on the game's end, were easily fixed by either exiting the game or restarting the system, and may have already been fixed via updates anyway.
>>
>>378622916
Disgaea 5 crashing happened to me too. Waking it from sleep, didn't respond anymore.
>>
>>378618050
they taste like denatonium benzoate, to be precise.
It is usually used to keep animals from chewing through fences and the like, or is added to nail polish to keep idiots from chewing their laquered nails.
>>
>>378620908
Nobody cares, shitposter.
>>
no it's going to destroy all that read only data
>>
>>378618964
Half-press = holding and not releasing, so that's power options
>>
>>378616764
Generally just keep it in sleep mode unless i take it out the house
>>
It shortens the life of the ion lithium battery that powers your switch. If you're doing it 24/7 that's not's a great idea.
>>
>>378616764
No damage can be done i assume. It's not like the game is running at the background with the screen off. It's in suspend mode until the player starts the game back after turning on the screen or waking it up.

It's pretty much like your phone or desktop computers with games Alt-tab minimized and putting the PC to sleep then waking it up and continue the next day.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.