[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>GOAT superhero game (Yes, I said GOAT, Arkham City is #2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: Ultimate_alliance.png (177KB, 257x325px) Image search: [Google]
Ultimate_alliance.png
177KB, 257x325px
>GOAT superhero game (Yes, I said GOAT, Arkham City is #2 and Spider-Man 2 is #3)
>120% /comfy/
>Play with friends
>Every character has a good amount of costumes, powers, dialogue with certain other characters
>Cameos from many, many heroes and villains

>Sequel with good intentions but in the end unworthy
>MCU launches and it seems all vidya must align with it in some shitty way or another (even the fucking LEGO ones)
>We'll never get anything like this again

Sad posting /v/
>>
>>378612528
The first MUA was some cool stuff.
>>
File: 1468708923820.gif (607KB, 800x792px) Image search: [Google]
1468708923820.gif
607KB, 800x792px
>Arkham games
>good
>>
I played through the campaign with two friends and although we had a pretty good time let's not pretend like the game itself was anything special aside from being couch coop. After we were done no one really felt up for hard mode.
>>
I've always wanted to play this game but I was a poorfag way back when it came out and have never gotten to it since. I should really get on that.
>>
>>378612528
The first one was great and the second one was so much worse. Not sure how they fucked that up.
>>
>>378612528
>2006 game
>very low PC requirements even back then
>re-released in 2016 on Steam
>not a remaster, nothing changed except support for higher resolution and added characters
>broken as fuck compared to retail version
>somehow requirements are higher
>old PC which could run the original retail version flawlessly is now entirely unable to run the steam version at anything above 12fps
Someone explain me how, is the same identical game, nothing was changed, they didn't even change textures resolution
>>
>>378613894
Honestly, i love MUA2 just as much as the first, my only gripe with it is that costumes are merely cosmetical.
>>
>>378612528
Yes we will.
Marvel already confirmed that the Insomniac Spiderman game is the start of the "Marvel Video Game Universe".
Entirely possible that we will get this shit again.
>>
>>378612528
The three games made by Raven were literally god tier, X-Men Legends, X-Men Legends 2 and Marvel Ultimate Alliance

the best co-op games ever made
>>
>>378614194
That's one reason why I didn't like the second one. Also, I liked the characters in the first one more.
>>
>>378614112
outsourced to incompetent retard devs because activision doesn't give a fuck

at full price, too
>>
File: IMG_6645.gif (725KB, 200x197px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6645.gif
725KB, 200x197px
Who would you guys want in a sequel? Not realistically speaking, of course.
>>
>>378614217
I hope so, the games were fantastic. Going to be a nightmare to get any X-men into one though considering Fox owns all that shit.
>>
>>378612528
Too bad the pc version is broken
>>
>>378612528
>buy physical copy
>instal game
>have like 5 fps
fuck it, i wanted to play it and here i am, staying on /v/
>>
>>378614557
Outsourced? The game was already on PC and it worked fine, they didn't need to do shit, a simple conversion to Steam(which is literally just copying files) would have done the trick.

I actually wonder what they did to make it this broken and with somehow different requirements.
>>
>120% /comfy/

Fuck off with this goddamn word.

You just say that because you have nostalgia for it.
>>
>>378614112
Actually the remaster fixed the shadows. The original PC port was done separated from the PS3/360 versions, so while PC models had higher poly count than the console versions, the dynamic shadows were sort of blocky, especially when compared to the 360 version, which was the best looking one. The remaster all the three versions use the same assets and same engine.
>>
>>378615205
>The game was already on PC and it worked fine, they didn't need to do shit, a simple conversion to Steam(which is literally just copying files) would have done the trick.

The PC version was running on Alchemy 4.0 while consoles was Alchemy 4.5, so the DLC characters would never work on the PC version.
>>
File: 12784956895.jpg (304KB, 1557x637px) Image search: [Google]
12784956895.jpg
304KB, 1557x637px
>>378612528
if this released now all the skins would have been behind paywalls/loot boxes.
>>
>>378615454
Point is it's not a remaster, it's a "port" from retail PC version to Steam PC version, even if they fixed the shadows that's still not a remaster since they didn't remaster shit.

>>378615670
Well that explains it...
Porting an old game to a more recent version of the same engine breaking a perfectly working game in the process only to add DLC characters is dumb anyway, especially since the retail version still works fine on newer systems.

>inb4 it's not dumb to add DLC cause money and profit
If the game is broken no one is going to play it and buy DLC for it anyway
>>
>Mash button mindlessly: the game- superhero flavor edition.

Nah, every last one of these "action RPGs" from dark alliance and on have all been absolute garbage. Unless you're into babbys first vidya I guess.
>>
>>378615000
Only the remaster, the original was always fine
>>
I played this game.
on the psp
>>
>>378616912
How was it?
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.