[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.kickstarter.com/project s/1791529601/ashes-of-cr

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1791529601/ashes-of-creation-new-mmorpg-by-intrepid-studios

>$3 million kickstarter, biggest kickstarter MMO ever
>Backed by prominent former MMO developers
>CEO of the company literally funding the rest of the games development by himself to build his "dream mmo" and what "mmos should be today"

Leave saving MMOs to me.
>>
So ignoring the fact that this is all words with nothing behind it and they already have built in pyramid schemes,

>Implying 3M is enough to make a MMO in a decent timeframe that is anything more than a cludged together mess in unity.
>>
I'm gonna wait. We will have to wait 5 years anyway
>>
>>378612286
>doing mmo in unity

They are not retarded are they?
>>
>kickstarter

shill somewhere else
>>
>>378612030
99% chance it's a scam or dead before arrival. That being said I'm waiting until it dies to finally give up hope on mmos.
>>
>>378612389
Fuck if I know, they don't actually say anything about the game on the kickstarter.

But $3M is pocket change for this sort of thing.
>>
>>378612494
Speaking of pyramid schemes, what happened with Shekel Citizen?
>>
>>378612030
>Funding a pyramid scheme
>>
Mmo's is a thing where you need the shit done. Doing a kikestarter is not gonna end well.
>>
File: 1462459287750.webm (104KB, 384x544px) Image search: [Google]
1462459287750.webm
104KB, 384x544px
>>378612389
W-what's wrong with that? Crowfall's running on Unity and the last update they had looks great.
>>
>>378612620
Apparently it is going to have an alpha 3.0 on June 22.

Normally 1.0 is the commercial release and everything below that is beta/alpha.

Alpha 3.0 is a scary thought.
>>
>>378612761
Rendering issues, netcode and performance in general. You will have a game shitting itself
>>
>this will probably become the next massively funded Kickstarter because the general public are suckers and don't even remember that they already wasted their money on Star Citizen years ago
>>
>>378612880
Did they implement anything resembles a game or its just a fucking tech demo?
>>
>>378612620
Nothing. But scam shittizen threads are hilarious and worth a read. There are some seriously damaged anons in there
>>
>>378612030
Every time they talk about the gameplay it sounds like your generic tab target WoW clone but with a dodge button, so I will pass thanks.
>>
>>378612030
Sounds interesting but
>kickstarter mmo
I'm not holding out hope.
>>
Isn't the CEO some guy who committed fraud or something?
>>
File: pyramid.jpg (69KB, 688x675px) Image search: [Google]
pyramid.jpg
69KB, 688x675px
tell me OP, how much are you getting paid to shill a pyramid scheme?

http://www.pcgamer.com/ashes-of-creation-kickstarter/

CEO of Intrepid Games Inc has extensive history in running pyramid schemes, Ashes of Creation relies heavily on a pyramid-scheme like referral system, and the company and project infrastructure is nowhere near the scope you need to create an ambitious MMO
>>
>>378612030
>ignoring the fact the guy running the whole project is a renown scam artist and pyramid scheme book writer

The referral program they are running with this dumpster fire just shows they don't give a flying fuck about hiding it either.
>monetize your account and pay for your sub by having referrals, this can be accounts that don't even own the game just put money into it

So their plan is to basically not market the game just the idea of one.
>>
>>378612030
Why does it seem Camelot Unchained is the only MMO not using Unity? Is it even good for MMOs?
>>
That sounds very similar to what the guys behind Chronicles of Elyria are doing.
>building their "dream mmo" and trying to reinvent the genre
>Crowfall is also trying to reinvent the genre
>>
I thought this game was already done in Tabula Rasa? These mechanics are fairly old.
>>
File: 1484282406115.jpg (8KB, 326x326px) Image search: [Google]
1484282406115.jpg
8KB, 326x326px
>kickstarter
>>
>>378613662
>>378613807
>>378613928
Oh wow. I thought this thread was taking a dig at Star Citizen for a minute.
>>
>MMOs are saved because it did well on Kikestarter and because the CEO funds the rest
>his "dream mmo"
>his
His dream MMO could be the worst shit imaginable.
>>
>>378612030
The only MMOS potentially worth waiting for are Camelot Unchained and Pantheon ROF
>>
>all the footage is just scrap art and asset store shit
>people have given money to this
>people shill their referral links on forums, 4chan and every possible place
>>
>>378612030
I remember when people were saying the same thing about Star Citizen. Hell I remember when people said Star Citizen was going to be an MMO.
>>
>>378614404
>His dream MMO could be the worst shit imaginable.

Nah. People who enjoy MMO's as much as he does all have a similar type of autism. I know because I have it too.
>>
File: RAREPEPE4SALE37KEKSPLZ.jpg (90KB, 900x736px) Image search: [Google]
RAREPEPE4SALE37KEKSPLZ.jpg
90KB, 900x736px
Just another Sean Murrey trying to pull the old Murrey "grab ya money" scam.

I bet my ass this isn't any better than 2007 RS
>>
>>378612761
crowfall looks horrendous though and it's hardly an mmo - it's just a prolonged battle royale meme with a fantasy skin
>>
File: 1459911673138.jpg (402KB, 770x2759px) Image search: [Google]
1459911673138.jpg
402KB, 770x2759px
>>378612030
You forgot your referral link, OP.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.