[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is this game so popular? >Broken matchmaking/tier system

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

File: World-of-Tanks-logo.png (876KB, 800x448px) Image search: [Google]
World-of-Tanks-logo.png
876KB, 800x448px
Why is this game so popular?

>Broken matchmaking/tier system
>Grindy as fuck
>90% of tanks are useless
>Enemy tanks are literally fucking invisible until they're spotted
>Pay-to-win tanks and ammo

????
>>
>Free to play
>BR's
>>
>>Enemy tanks are literally fucking invisible until they're spotted

This is honestly the worst part for me, basically until the game "rolls" that you've seen that enemy, they don't even exist visually.
>>
>>378610293
Simple: russians.
Russians are killing themselves daily and their government is pushing nationalism to give motivation and hope to their populace. What better way provide this than to make the population play a game as russian tanks killing german tanks?
>>
>>378610427
>he doesn't look for tracers
found the tomato
>>
>>378610536
A sixty-ton tank sitting in the open shouldn't be fucking invisible just because I haven't spotted it according to the game.
>>
>>378610427
this. It's beyond retarded.
>playing as arty, sitting in backfield at the top of a hill
>a tank destroyer of some sort magically appears out of thing air on the road below me
>shit, better aim in on him or run like fuck
>magically dissapears
>ohshit
>start creeping up to the base of the hill to get a look down
>sit there for a while
>nothing
>decide to move just a tiny little bit more
>magically appears right in front of me
>1shotted
uninstalled the game right then and there.
>>
>>378610536
Yeah I'm going to be able to find that tank destroyer hiding in the bush halfway across the map that shot me once with its first shot and either destroyed my tank or crippled it.
>>
>>378610774
what the fuck did you expect when fighting a tier 7 with a tier 5?
>>
It's fps for the physically disabled
>>
>>378610293
Fuck off, I just want to drive my German tanks
>>
>>378610747
>playing as arty in the first place

Glad you uninstalled faggot.
>>
Is armored warfare completely dead or worth playing now?

It's been almost 6 months since i've played and not sure if it's worth fucking around with anymore
>>
>>378610747
fuck you. world of тaнки is amazing game. tank goes away from sight because your friend does not have sight and is not giving information just like in real life. tank sight is limited, have you even sat in t-34 before?
>>
Balancer is SO bad that they are using the fact they are working on making it fair a marketing bulletpoint

Come in thats gotta tell you something about the state of it
>>
>>378611489
The worst part about it is that some tanks have literally no chance against others without premium ammo.
>>
F2P

the game is the worst p2w
>>
>Want M4 Sherman
>Have to go through M3 Lee to get to it
why god
>>
>>378612763
M3 teaches you to play
>>
>>378612763
Don't worry
Sherman is also shit
>>
>>378610293
>Why is this game so popular?
Its competitors went full retard.

War Thunder has absurd RNG on shooting,magical AOE explosions,blatant P2W tanks,airplane killstreaks and its mechanics are tailor made to favor russian vehicles.

AW i never played.Can anyone tell us how Obsidian shat the bed?
>>
>>378612836
>Hide
>Hope you don't get shot because literally anything will pen you
>Try and fail to snipe with your shit gun
>Try and fail to rush because you have no turret and shit mobility

dat learning experience
>>
I quit when I saw the patent Wargaming got on matchmaking. You are practically guaranteed to lose 50% of your matches, and the server will stack the other team to ensure this. Oh, and you can pay to avoid this with premium tanks.
>>
>>378613661
Is this a real thing? Holy fuck.
>>
File: jIBmni6.jpg (246KB, 1920x1148px) Image search: [Google]
jIBmni6.jpg
246KB, 1920x1148px
>>378613390
obsidian didn't shit the bed my.com wanted it to be WoT but obsidian wanted something else so they fired them. Thats why the UI looks like this now
>>
>>378614547
So then,how did the russians screw up?
>>
>>378613751
https://www.google.com/patents/US8425330
>>
>>378614650
they wanted it to be WoT? My.com owns AW Obsidian was a contractor
>>
>>378614547
>Mission (PVE)

What's that about? Main reason I hate WoT and War Thunder is its just pure PVP with no way to just relax and blow shit up with a tank.
>>
>>378614547

This game still alive? Last time i played and it took 10 minutes for to find a match, since there was literally 50 players online
>>
File: 2017-05-31_01.56.51.jpg (105KB, 1025x300px) Image search: [Google]
2017-05-31_01.56.51.jpg
105KB, 1025x300px
>so popular
http://archive.is/mYOCh
game is a poo
>>
>>378614858
No its dead
I think its biggest problem was it came out way too late in the game the people that would have played it already had hundreds of hours in WoT and starting over from 0 just wasn't very appealing.
>>378614778
There were pve missions I never played them
I only played AW for a few games I probably would have played it a bit more but I was already so burned out with wot that I took a year break from it
>>
>qq spotting
The spotting mechanic is a way to represent the spotting ability of your crew checking from the viewports scouting is a part of the game

>qq matchmaking
If the game tries hard to get you to win 50% of your games explain why im winning atleast 55-60% of them?

>qq pen
You expect your tiny gun to relyable pen a heavy front. Git gud and flank if you cant look for weak spots or just shoot the tracks off.
>>
File: Xjv8DOu.jpg (302KB, 750x1125px) Image search: [Google]
Xjv8DOu.jpg
302KB, 750x1125px
>>378612763
>>
Cuz some peoples wanna think they playíng "le tank game" instead of actually playing it.
Arma have better tank gameplay than this game that have ONLY tanks in it, wtf.
>>
My friend only plays this and the boat game and I'll never understand the appeal.
>>
>>378615879
Boat game is much better actually
>>
>>378612763
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7r_HTrTM_A
>>
>>378616609
No
It's even more autistic than tank one
You can open 4chan and shitpost when playing this game and still be good at it
>>
>>378613390
>War Thunder has absurd RNG on shooting,magical AOE explosions,blatant P2W tanks
I've never had issues in WT with killing people once you know how to place your shells and which ones you need to shoot depending on the armor.

I will say that some of the nations definitely are 'favored' and at times complete bullshit in tiering. What really kills tanks is the retarded ass SPAA shooting high caliber rounds that can penetrate top tier Med/Heavy Brit/Clap/Nazi tanks hundreds of meters away and at a rate of a minigun vaporizing everything in your tank.

Really fucking annoying and yes Russian had the best niggers to do it, but idk who has the best cheese spaa anymore now that they added in all the new ones like VLADS and Shika and shit.
>>
>>378611080

lmfao underrated post

Also, LOL at all the shitters in this thread.

I had an IS-3 in closed beta like 5 years ago (maybe 6? lmfao?
>>
>>378614778
>>378614778
>>378614547
>>378614547

i played armored warfare for a while, a WHILE ago.

poor obsidian, mycom really fucked them

i enjoyed the pve missions because im a scrub

pvp was good though too, felt better than wot at least.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.