[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>flawless level design with multiple ways to complete each

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: DeusExCover.png (623KB, 600x745px) Image search: [Google]
DeusExCover.png
623KB, 600x745px
>flawless level design with multiple ways to complete each mission
>great gameplay
>great story
>great OST

Is this the best example of a 10/10 game? It is literally impossible to hate Deus Ex unless you're a 12 year old who only cares about graphics.
>>
File: stealth.webm (3MB, 850x478px) Image search: [Google]
stealth.webm
3MB, 850x478px
truly a masterpiece
>>
File: 1452785676091.jpg (30KB, 668x960px) Image search: [Google]
1452785676091.jpg
30KB, 668x960px
>>378601709
>Great gameplay
Not with that running speed and "aiming" mechanics.
>>
>>378601709
shit graphics
>>
>>378601986
hey, you're pretty good
>>
>>378601986
Truly a shitpost. This is with the invisible cheat turned on (literally "invisible 1"). The AI in this game is hyper, they can spot your elbow and they're onto you.
>>
>>378601709
Was just playing this, I like it a lot but ill shit on it because you're a faggot.

this game is poo poo
>>
Easy. Not insultingly easy but it makes the level of choice feel somewhat pointless.
>>
>>378601709
https://youtu.be/dT7sjoH8Sqc
>>
>>378604986
>working mirrors.
A lost art.
>>
It's 10/10 best game with the GMDX mod.

You can all joke about the shitty graphics or the dated gameplay, or you can download the mod that perfects it and rectifies all of these problems, cementing it as one of the best games ever made.
>>
>>378605274
Why gmdx over the other remake mod that comes on gog now?
>>
>>378606903

the other mod is the one that makes it worse
>>
>>378605274
>GMDX
Is there a similar mod for System Shock 2?
>>
>>378606953
Can you give me a quick rundown?
>>
>>378606903
Revision is amateur garbage promoted as a fan remake. Think Half Life 2 Cinematic Mod. Half of the levels are barely changed, and the other half are made obviously worse. The whole project can be characterized by incompetence and good marketing.

The GMDX mod captures everything that made Deus Ex great and makes it even better.
>>
>>378607439
Thanks. From looking it up, seems like a new version will come out next month. I'll wait until then for my first playthrough
>>
>>378601709
Not even the best immersive sim.
>>
>>378607178
Secmod is sort of similar, but doesn't try to be as faithful to its original game as GMDX does. Both mods attempt to refine and update their respective games, focusing on mechanics and systems primarily, and a bit of polish (GMDX version 9 does a lot for graphics as well).

GMDX (Deus Ex):
>greatly improved AI
>improved weapon behavior (and new models)
>better level art (but still faithful)
>full overhaul of skill/aug balance
>new shit like mantling ledges, secondary weapons, perks
>better difficulty modes -- Easy is baby mode, Hardcore is for badass nano-augmented agents
>improved audio design
>relentless bug fixing

Secmod (System Shock 2):
>better AI
>new weapons and items
>new interactions, ways to use items, uses of skills, etc
>security systems fleshed out
>full overhaul of RPG balance, more viable playstyles with more options
>new levels
>better difficulty levels - Easy is baby mode, Impossible is even more challenging than before

I'm not as caught up with Secmod, and its creator doesn't document the mod as well, so you'll have to play it yourself to see what you think.
>>
>>378602187
get the speedy leg augs and up skill points in weapons you silly man
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.