[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cataclysm showed that Blizzard wasn't afraid to rework on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: WOW_logo.png (92KB, 507x206px) Image search: [Google]
WOW_logo.png
92KB, 507x206px
Cataclysm showed that Blizzard wasn't afraid to rework on Azeroth. Unfortunately, the old continents already look outdated compared to newers expansions'.
So how would you feel about a second rebirth of Azeroth?

They could add level scaling like in Legion, so that all zones feel dangerous and relevant, and you could choose your own adventure.
They could finish the few zones that are still sealed off. They could advance some storylines, finish some others, and remove irrelevant ones (newcomers must be confused as to why NPC's talk about a cataclysm, then it's never mentioned again past lvl 85).

We'd actually have a reason to stay in Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms again, and other continents wouldn't be obsolete (power-leveling through dungeons wouldn't be the best option, since you wouldn't be forced to do certain zones you might have done dozens of times before).

Would you consider playing the game again with a complete rework of the sort? Would you feel like it's an improvement?

(Before you say it: yes, the game is complete trash now. Let's see how we can fix it.)
>>
i'd like wow 2 with a bigger world, maybe a couple hundred years in the future or just start after wc3 again.

an elder scrolls single player rpg could be kind of cool as well
>>
Cataclysm lacked content at launch since they had to rework all of the old world.
>>
>>378596759
>They could add level scaling like in Legion
I'm sorry, I've not played since WotLK. What the fuck is meant by level scaling and how badly does it casualize things?
>>
>>378596759

>there are WoW cucks who played WoW at any point after vanilla
>they started in wotlk/cata/mop
>they probably still play legion like the cucks they are

AWAY
>>
>>378596759
who is we and why are you shilling
>>
>>378597360
In legion zones don't matter because all monsters in each zone will only be as strong as your current level. If you are level 107, all the monsters in that zone will be 107, etc.
>>
>>378597360
All enemies are always the same level as you
>>
>>378597389
I honestly don't understand how anyone played past WotLk. Game sucks.
>>
>>378597389
I renewed my sub last month, to see how the game is now, and it's painfully obvious that most of the few remaining players are kids or teenagers, which means they were probably too young or not even born during the Vanilla and TBC era.
I cancelled my sub 2 days later, a new record for me.
>>
>>378597471
>shilling
>who is "we"
"We" is the players, and I'm asking how to fix this piece of garbage that is current WoW.
You need to work on your reading comprehension, anon.
>>
>>378596759
I have a feeling we may see a revamp onto the general world with the probably upcoming old god Nzoth expansion. Or maybe whatever comes after that because I think we may see the Black Empire rise again in some shape.

>>378597360
Legion's approach to leveling was that you could do the zones in any order you wish. This combined with some other content meant you could level whatever you want to, wherever you want to, whenever you want to.

>>378597668
Better gameplay mechanics. Don't ask me to elaborate because if you frequent /v/ enough I am sure I have done this 100000x already to you.
>>
>>378599140
Better gameplay mechanics for a game that was only ever "fun" due to the novelty of the experience in 2004. Sounds great.
>>
>>378599332
TL;DR of it all: MMOs themselves are kinda obsolete. People were bound to leave WoW at some point anyway. WoW did the right thing to focus on endgame cooperative PvE content because mechanically challenging PvE content is what keeps an MMO like WoW alive. If you care for muh immersion that was never WoW's thing, it was SWG's (and that game died off pretty fast.)
>>
>>378596759
>Cataclysm showed that Blizzard wasn't afraid to rework on Azeroth.

They also fucked it up.
>>
>>378600031
>thinks shit tier variety in questing is better
>thinks barren ass zones with no geographical nor activity variety are better
>thinks no real cohesion in zone storylines was better
>thinks shittier graphics are better
>thinks an MMO where time moves forward yet the overworld stays the same is better
Holy shit you nostalgia fags reach far to make your stupid as fuck arguments.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.