[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would you go about making a game where you kill every enemy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

File: 1491087421482.jpg (65KB, 640x736px) Image search: [Google]
1491087421482.jpg
65KB, 640x736px
How would you go about making a game where you kill every enemy in one hit and yet design it so that it feels balanced?

Pic sort of related
>>
Introduce a large number of enemies.
>>
>>378589001
Make them allso kill you in one hit
>>
make it like dynasty warriors with hundreds of pleb mobs to slice thru

would lag like shit tho
>>
time limits
>>
>>378589001
>>378589132
Its called musou.
>>
>>378589132
This, except for large enemies. For bosses, you have to dodge/tank a series of attacks before you get an opportunity to punch them back
>>
>>378589001
make it so it takes like 2 or 3 hits to kill some enemies
>>
>>378589001

Make that the secondary mechanic. The main mechanic is a boredom meter.
>>
>>378589164
considering the manga, maybe, but there should be an ample amount of bullet time to supliment the high death factor.
>>
>>378589001
Titan Souls is a game where each boss only needs one hit
>>
Heaven or Hell?
>>
How does the anime/comic/whatever it is keep itself entertaining?

I guess the main gameplay might be something different like getting through obstacles/puzzles/hordes of minions/endless fetch quests before going into battle with enemies.

A lot of games on hard mode the character dies in one hit, they compensate it with agility, dodges, stun lock or OP combos. Guess this might be reversed, you're the slow boss that telegraphs its attacks.
>>
Super Mario Bros
>>
>>378589407
So Super Hot
>>
>>378589001
One Punch Man, a Tell-Tale game.

Be careful what you ask for.
>>
>>378589001
Face waves of enemies, I suppose
>>
>>378589001
I mean, superhot did that pretty well
>>
Musou?
>>
>>378589001
Make it a psychological thing and if I told you how, you'd owe me money.
>>
>>378590387
Say, "be careful what you wish for".
That's the saying. That's why you began to say it but no. You're one of the copy-paste to get my giggles niggers.
"Be mindful of what you wish for" would have been much better but no; we're doing fag shit.
>>
>>378590131
Mostly it parodies shonen manga villain cliches and builds up bad guys to seem insanely strong and then having them effortlessly shut down, or have people underestimate Saitama

the whole manga is pretty much just those two jokes replayed over and over
>>
>>378591156
This pretty much.

I'm pretty excited to see Saitama finally confront Garo though, it'll be interesting seeing how their philosophies clash.
>>
Literally just play Hotline Miami
>>
>>378591269
I hope the anime will one day reach the web comic, but if they go by the speed of the manga it will take a few more years
>>
>>378589001
Simple,
don't make the game have combat, you can have fun games without combat. They can solve fighting related things easily however puzzles, SOL or other stuff like one punch man does could be used instead.
Yet if you are adamant, you could;
Introduce power inhibitors or some reason why they can't use their power and have to avoid fighting like people discovering you have powers would prove a hindrance to your daily life.
Have time trails requiring you to do tasks, and while dispensing enemies are easy the time limit becomes a hinderance like half minute hero does, where the dark lord can't be out in the sun for his beauty, it's not like the enemies can kill him.
Do what >>378589164 said and make it fair game
>>
Dive Kick and to a lesser extent Bushido blade but those are pvp oriented.
>>
>>378589001
A large amount of platformers have one hit kill enemies.
>>
>>378589001
Should I watch this?
Also, I'm America.. dub or sub? I don't mind reading but if the dub is good enough, convenience >.
>>
>>378591776
Name one
>>
>>378591843
It's a pretty good adaption, some of the jokes work better in manga form imo but the animaiton in the fights are great and if you like it you can also watch Mob Psycho 100 which is the better series anyway.
Never listened to the dub, but the original voices fit pretty well
>>
>>378591965
Donkey Kong Country
>>
Ratz instagib you silly.
>>
SUPER HOT
SUPER HOT
SUPER HOT
SUPER HOT
SUPER HOT
>>
File: 1466855346304.webm (3MB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
1466855346304.webm
3MB, 852x480px
>>378589001
Discard that idea entirely and instead make a game that focuses on other characters.
Have the guy who kills shit with one punch be either an occasional cameo or appear only when you fill out a meter of some kind.
>>
File: 1332738741066.jpg (118KB, 500x409px) Image search: [Google]
1332738741066.jpg
118KB, 500x409px
>Suiryufags saying he's stronger than Garou and maybe even Boros
>yfw the last few chapters
>>
Make it a life sim

but with Super Heroes.
>>
>>378592310
>everyone calling him "one kick man"
>gets rekt instantly
>>
>>378590131
>How does the anime/comic/whatever it is keep itself entertaining?
Well written likable characters that go through an interesting character growth arc, an interesting (if cliche, although that's the point) world, a lot of humor, and the fights are quality over quantity. They're really short but they're really fucking amazing visually, and since they're so short it means the show has to rely on its writing and characters rather than "and now the characters are locked into a battle arena for 30 episodes"

It's really worth watching, you can especially tell because /a/ now hates it, which means it's good
>>
>>378592253
Better, the whole fight is you beating an impossible foe in an epic battle and Saitama arriving is the post-fight QTE.
>>
>>378589001
The answer is Variety.

Hordes of enemies
Massively X-Box Heug enemies
Perilously Pitfall Platforms
Tricky traps
Twitch levels/sequences
Mini-games (contests of strength, endurance trials, etc)
Alternate the violence between goretastic and humorous (exploding people, exploding clothes, red gore, rainbow gore, serious sound effects, bike horn effects, etc.) - AS APPROPRIATE (except when one or the other can be used for shock/surprise value)
Super Meter + Personal Leveling system to add more content as the game goes along to keep it fresh
Hot babes, because sex & violence is awesome together
Extremely silly sections so the player doesn't get desensitized to all that beautiful violence (anything from adult men acting like babies like in Yakuza to Picasso-like melting clowns or something - make the surreal levels extra gory)
>>
>>378589001
make it so actually landing the hit is challenging, could make you a glass cannon you take one hit to die but so does the enemy, environmental hazards and large packs of monsters along with the boss plus environmental hazards to make the fights precarious could also help.
>>
>>378593728
Saitama vs mosquito
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.