[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Neatherealms is eating Capcom's lunch, and I think it has

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 8

File: 1494636933799.jpg (331KB, 750x1063px) Image search: [Google]
1494636933799.jpg
331KB, 750x1063px
Neatherealms is eating Capcom's lunch, and I think it has something to do with the fact with how Capcom's handling their fighting games these days. You can say what you want about Neatherrealm's games (there's a LOT to say about them) but at least they know how to gather a crowd. I'd say Capcom caters more to "true fighting game fans" than Neatherealm, but that won't be truthful in the slightest given by how they've been handling MvC and Street Fighter V. The worse part is that SFV DOES have a better fighting engine than MKX or Injustice 2. But what does that matter when everything else is so half assed? It dumbs it down for the casuals without really appealing to them due to how unfinished everything feels, and the hardcore gets frustrated by the blatant balance issues and glitches.

I think Capcom's days as the fighting game king are pretty much numbered.
>>
MK9 had a great story mode - which has tricked casuals into thinking future Netherrealm games like Injustice, MKX and Injustice 2 would have good storylines (they don't)
>>
>Neatherealms is eating Capcom's lunch
Stopped here, why do you put so much effort into your bait if you just give it away on line one? Or are you seriously just that retarded?
>>
They just need to add in fun game modes and more to do. Street Fighter is good but it's just so bare boned compared to Mortal Kombat
>>
>>378587094

Maybe it is bait, but it's there not to say that Neatherealm is great, but more in how much Capcom has sunk so fucking low these days.
>>
>>378586793
NRS games have great lighting, textures, and realistic style graphics. SFV looks like people made out of clay with fruit for hair. Appearance matters, no matter how good your game play is, casuals will flock to what looks prettier.
>>
>>378587112
All of the current Netherrealm games have less content than MK Deception and Armageddon
>>
>>378587345

Yes, but again it's not like Capcom is poor or anything. The fact that it didn't even include things that VANILLA SFIV on day one had is what's concerning.
>>
>>378586793
Next time Capcom should stop pandering to Sony and their fucking fans. Street Fighter was never synonymous with Sony.
>>
>>378587456
Quality > quantity
>>
File: sfv.jpg (281KB, 1415x1360px) Image search: [Google]
sfv.jpg
281KB, 1415x1360px
They were numbered after SFxT.

Capcom is no longer developer of the best selling fighting game nor are the developer of the most quality fighting game. The only thing that they have going for them is that they hold the rights to the fighting game with the most name recognition.
>>
>>378587345
Ehh, what would sf gain from having reallistic graphics? It isnt enough to appeal to casuals, and the nrs art direction is so soulless than sf having something similar would just kill the few things it has going for it
>>
>people talking about NRS games based purely on sales
>not based on people actually playing the games

SFV, despite being a complete dumpster fire, still has the largest continual playerbase of pretty much any fightan game of recent note. Every NRS game has sold big at first, then within a month literally no one outside of SonicFox/Slayer is playing the games because the story mode/challenge tower runs out of content. Injustice 2 will probably get a single run at EVO because of exorbitant payoffs, then quickly get shoved off the second anything better comes along.
>>
>>378587740
Oh yeah like the fightan has really improved.

I'd prefer fun quantity content than a one and you're done single player mode like MK9 and MKX (and only MK9 had a quality story, MKX was complete garbage)
>>
File: 1381867991521.jpg (76KB, 831x445px) Image search: [Google]
1381867991521.jpg
76KB, 831x445px
>>378586793
You guys say this every time, but nothing ever changes because everyone would rather bitch about capcom instead of moving the fuck on and playing another series that's probably answered one of their gripes about street fighter. I say this as someone who wishes someone else could take the reigns.
>>
>>378587456

Which is still ten thousand times more content than SFV.

Playing multiverse today and some of these modifiers are fantastic. Imagine if SF had a game mode where you could play with goddamn moon gravity.
>>
>>378587509
I think they probably are poor. At least as far as the SF budget is concerned, they probably didn't get allocated nearly as much as SFIV got because it really shows that V is lacking. Feels like they built the base game on a skeleton budget and were hoping for DLC income to do the rest later, but that money never came.
>>
>>378588037
I still don't get this. We have so many other fighters on the market, but people still play SFV and complain about it, why? It just doesn't make any sense.
>>
>>378587876
SF doesn't need realistic graphics, just not shit ones like >>378587759's pic. That model is fucking atrocious. Even KoF14 did a better job.
>>
>>378587094
He's right sales wise and now with coding seeing how SFV was a buggy mess with shit load times and bad netcode. Injustice 2 has been a fairly clean launch with solid GGPO-like netcode, fast load times, and very little bugs. IJ2 also doesn't feel like 8 frames of lag, I would say it's maybe 6 tops which is still better than 6.5.
>>
>>378588045

SF flirted with modifier-type stuff in 4 with the whole "version select" thing and Omega Mode, but to few people's surprise everyone ignored it because they were too busy playing the game in normal mode. Adding in a gamut of weird NRS-style modifiers to SF would be a waste of time and effort since the vast majority of players would ignore it.
>>
http://shoryuken.com/2017/05/30/for-the-2nd-week-in-a-row-injustice-2-is-the-uks-best-selling-game/

Capcom is fucking finished. Good riddance.
>>
>>378588037
>>378588263
anime games are literally dead on arrival or only played by unbeatable turboautists
>>
MORE LEWDS
>>
File: 1474214447356.jpg (70KB, 700x615px) Image search: [Google]
1474214447356.jpg
70KB, 700x615px
>>378588037
>>
>>378586793
If you don't keep up with FGC, don't talk about it.

Neatherrealm's games are not even fighting games. They are single player """cinematic""" action games at best. They're so shallow as fighting games, and as such not taken seriously in FGC for the past 20 years and that's not going to change.

Neatherrealm's games don't even last over a couple of months competitively, while fighting games (mainly SF) stick around for years and years because they have actual depth.

Look at MKX - it's dead and not even at EVO anymore despite only being 2 years old.

FGC will never stop playing Street Fighter, ever.
>>
Street Fighter 5 has 7 frames of input delay.
It is a complete piece of shit and only retards play it.
>>
File: 2017-05-30_17-29-51.png (57KB, 1237x232px) Image search: [Google]
2017-05-30_17-29-51.png
57KB, 1237x232px
>>378588642
>>378588583
>>378588263
>>378588037
>>
>>378588824
That's not true, i'm smart and I play it
>>
>>378588979
My mistake.
>>
>>378588892
I'd rather play a game I actually enjoy with a smaller player base than force myself to eat shit with a ton of people.
>>
>>378588583
>Kof
>Tekken
>Virtua Fighter
>fucking DoA
>smash
and more and more easy indie shit coming out that's still developing, giving you some room to grow with it. Point is you've had options, maybe you just don't like fighting games, and that's fine.

>>378588892
Yet most of these people will bitch about people being better than them and quit the second someone tells them they need to play the fucking game more to get better. I'm just giving them some options if they really hate SF5 so much they want it to crash and burn.
>>
File: 1456557988513.jpg (36KB, 697x517px) Image search: [Google]
1456557988513.jpg
36KB, 697x517px
>>378588696
If we were talking about SF4, you would have a point. NRS games do have less depth than pretty much every Street Fighter before V.

SFV has about the least amount of depth out of any modern fighting game. It's currently living on the life support supplied by Capcom throwing money at events and hoping that the tournament scene doesn't die out despite just about every pro player being pretty fucking sick of it/Capcom's bullshit.
>>
It's funny since fighting games are normally chink territory.
>>
>>378589354
SFV shows that the nips are nothing without a year head start like every other game.
>>
Even Skullgirls is better than sfv. How embarrasing.
>>
>>378586793
are they really
>>
>>378589707
But they're different games entirely
>>
It's common sense that NRS makes better games. At least they finish them when they're released
>>
As long as they can make cash on eSports shit thanks to the NA FGC'dick riding capcom's games. they will never learn shit
>>
>>378589946
They're both fighting games and that's all that matters.
>>
File: 1484716418294.jpg (118KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1484716418294.jpg
118KB, 800x800px
>>378586793
I honestly hope the more recent leaks for MvC:I are not true, but knowing Capcom, it probably is. If Capcom wants to casualize, they need to make the game not feel like crap.
>>378590085
Games modes is something NRS has over Capcom
>>
What I don't get is why Capcom had to dumb down SFV, considering they already have Mahvel as a party game
>>
>>378589141
This
I got into SF with USFIV a few months ago and still haven't moved on just because I haven't heard anything good about it
>>
>ugly SJW approved women
>ugly overall art style
>terrible gameplay that's not fun
>only thing that's good is the cinematic shit
Yeah no thanks.
>>
>>378588037
But I genuinely enjoy SFV. I'll probably pick up tekken and maybe pick up rev. Team fighters don't interest me so kof and marvel are out, no w10 so KI is out and I have nothing nice to say about nrs so I just won't mention it.
>>
>>378590227
It really isn't, though I agree that SG >SFV
Comparing an anime fighter to SF/MK is like comparing Sonic Generations to Crash Bandicoot. Same genre, but that's where the similarities end
>>
>>378588035
Dude the fightan in MK9 and MKX is a thousand times better than in Armaggeddon, don't be a faggot
>>
>>378589265
>player being pretty fucking sick of it/Capcom's bullshit.

As someone who was "pro" back in the day. Most professional players i've talked too (and I mean big professional Japanese and Western players) fucking hate Street Fighter but play it because that is where the marketing and crowd is. If they could switch to KoF or GG they would in a second.
>>
File: 1493594457327.png (170KB, 636x530px) Image search: [Google]
1493594457327.png
170KB, 636x530px
>>378586793
They are not numbered.I don't think the people will ever stop playing SF. It's immune to everything.
>Shit launch
>Input Lag
>Half-Assed patching
>Bad transition in trying to appeal to casuals
>Installing a rootkit
Surprise people didn't just stop playing after that.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.