[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Badly aged, “realistic” graphics >Two dimensional

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 17

>Badly aged, “realistic” graphics
>Two dimensional main villain (Ganondorf) added in at the last second for no fucking reason
>Items that get never used outside their dungeons like the Dominion Rod, Ball and Chain, and the Spinner
>Constant blatant rehashes of Ocarina of Time’s soundtrack, does nothing interesting with the songs
>No clear visual aesthetic outside of “realistic”. Only the Twilight Realms and the official game art do anything artistically unique.
>World full of characters that do fuck all
>Song playing reduced to story-sequence only
>Character designs that borderline from “quirky” to flat-out disgusting
>Princess Zelda reduced to flat, two-dimensional character after Wind Waker finally did something interesting with the character
>Empty overworld with disgusting textures and fuck all to do
>Constant boring collect-athons
>Wii version objectively worse than the Gamecube release, despite the game being heavily advertised as a Wii title
>Miyamoto himself stated that he felt something was “missing” from the game
>HD remake barely looks any different to the original

Could it be the worst 3D Zelda? My radar says only Skyward Sword is worse.
>>
>>378578029
I liked it.
>>
No it's the best selling Zelda.
>>
>>378578029
no it's beautiful
>>
File: TP.jpg (2MB, 3600x2520px) Image search: [Google]
TP.jpg
2MB, 3600x2520px
>Amazing villain that isn't Ganon (not counting the last fights with Ganon) which is Zant.
>An epic overworld
>A truly unique art style
>Smart Use Of Motion Controls
>Clever boss fights, the game is providing a higher quality of boss fights than any other series.
>A Companion that is actually fun to have around and not annoying. She also happen to be the best girl (Talking about Midna of course)
>The mounted combat is fukin fantastic (that fight with ganon on Epona GOOOOYS)
> A mature tone that never tries to be too dark
>The deepest story of any zelda game
>BEST DUNGEONS EVER
Easily the best Zelda.
>>
>>378578029
Skyward Sword and Twilight Princess were both better Zeldas than Wind Waker, bud.
>>
>>378578029
It's good and so is Skyward Sword.
>>
File: 1468522007655.png (208KB, 327x515px) Image search: [Google]
1468522007655.png
208KB, 327x515px
Twilight Princess is actually the best Zelda game.
I haven't played BotW yet though.
>>
File: 1433320406406.png (1MB, 891x695px) Image search: [Google]
1433320406406.png
1MB, 891x695px
>>378578029
You forgot awful pacing with tear collecting and backtracking.

I liked the artstyle and the dungeons themselves were nice. Midna is still by far the best follower that a Zelda game has ever had without even the slightest competition, and she more than made up for any regression of Zelda. Both TP and SS were better than BotW. For all of the shit both of them get I still had fun playing them, but I never managed to complete WW because of the retarded unoptional triforce collecting.
>>
>>378578029
>Constant blatant rehashes of Ocarina of Time’s soundtrack, does nothing interesting with the songs
I mean at least try to be clever with your bait
>>
>>378578029
>>Items that get never used outside their dungeons like the Dominion Rod, Ball and Chain, and the Spinner

>anyone actually bothered to read after this clear bait signal
>>
File: Falbi.png (1MB, 908x1970px) Image search: [Google]
Falbi.png
1MB, 908x1970px
>>378578029
Easily has the best dungeons and bossfights in the entire series, and that's what matters in the end.

also
>"realistic" graphics
Did we play the same game?
>>
>>378580634
Ah yes, the ganondorf horse combat

>Fuck why won't this horse turn
>Fuck how do I dodge this the horse's too slow
>Fuck I got hit and my horse ran away
>Good thing ganondorf doesn't do shit while I get back on my horse
>Holy shit how did I dodge this attack

And when you finally stun him.
>Shit my sword doesn't reach him, guess I'll press A to boost to get closer.
>*Horse proceeds to break the sound barrier*

Fun times
>>
>>378580928

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAZFmggOuVQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIionSi7iUM

>>378581808
>actually thinks this is bait
>>
>>378580634

>never tries to be too dark

>edgy wolf transformation subplot
>hilariously "disturbing" Llia scene
>treating Ganondorfs comeback as a serious plot turn

You're way off
>>
>>378578029
>Empty overworld with and fuck all to do
I like how people complain about this but it's ok when Wind Waker does it because "muh comfy"
>>
>>378582724
This. Majora's Mask achieves so much more with the creepiness because it didn't try as hard.
>>
>>378582523
>dominion rod was an entire plot point that had you going all over the world
>never gets used outside of its dungeon
>>
>>378582302
You sucking at a game doesn't make the game suck
>>
I'm playing through it for the first time and I might have to agree.

Collecting tears is not interesting and obvious padding. It also ruins the excitement of exploring each new area, because by the time I became human I had already spent half an hour fumbling with the minimap looking for invisible bugs and just wanted to get on to the dungeon. Wolf form in general is clunky as fuck and doesn't add much to the game.

The combat system is better, but there have been no fights that really take advantage of it so I can't comment. Haven't met an enemy that requires more than using an item and mashing B.

The dungeons are okay, but there are so many chests with garbage in them that you have to check in case they have a key. It's another case of padding.

The atmosphere is pretty lame and feels dated already, which is a first for any Zelda. I'm only at the 3rd dungeon now, but I've yet to encounter anything creepy, sinister, or even memorable. They introduce too many enemies via cutscene and try too hard to make you care about the kids. It's almost like there is too much exposition while still being barebones.

D-does it get better after lake hylia?
>>
>>378578029
It's pretty bad, I'd say it that's the worst 3D Zelda. It's aged pretty poorly, should be called OoT 2.0 in terms of dungeon layout and pacing
>>
>>378583867

Yes, it's widely accepted that the first third of the game is the hardest to get through but then the back 2/3rds is considerably stronger. I like the dungeons in the first third but I would agree with that general assessment. At the very least the game stops throwing bug hunts at you after Lake Hylia.
>>
>>378583535

The ball and chain and spinner are still completely useless so the point still stands.
>>
>>378578029

>Two dimensional main villain (Ganondorf) added in at the last second for no fucking reason
>Items that get never used outside their dungeons like the Dominion Rod, Ball and Chain, and the Spinner

I generally dismiss the opinions of people who throw these two opinions out there. They weren't paying attention to the story at all if they believe the former (pro tip: Ganondorf was name dropped before the halfway point and if the Triforce is involved then he's somewhere in the mix anyways) and while items aren't used AS MUCH as in other Zeldas they still see some use outside of dungeons (save for the Ball and Chain, which gets used maybe 3 times after Snowpeak) in the case of the latter. Even the Dominion Rod gets its own subquest and comes back briefly in Hyrule Castle, while the Spinner has a few overworld uses and comes back in Temple of Time, City In The Sky, and Hyrule Castle.
>>
>>378581983
Everybody always says this game has a "realistic" art style. I wonder if they're actually legitimately autistic or just plain fucking retarded
>>
>>378584953
Ball and Chain is really good against specific enemies though.
>>
>>378579932
sales relates to the success of the previous title and the advertising, which was pretty heavy for this game especially off of Wind Waker's coattails and the wii launch
>>
>>378585009

Because it fucking does. The game tries to emulate reality with it's depiction of the environment (trees, clothes textures, water, etc.)

That's the literal definition of "realistic". Yeah, the characters themselves look weird, but that was mentioned in the original greentext and nobody is denying that.
>>
>>378585343

True but outside of Snowpeak the game never really calls for it outside of one cave covered in ice in the overworld and as an arbitrary gate in the Cave of Ordeals. Probably another instance I'm forgetting, I think Hyrule Castle might bring it back, but generally speaking Ball and Chain got shafted as hard as people usually say TP's items did. The rest, not so much.
>>
File: Best Zelda.jpg (98KB, 580x1100px) Image search: [Google]
Best Zelda.jpg
98KB, 580x1100px
>>378578029
Top 3 Zelda material. Redeemed the trainwreck that was WW
>>
>>378585701

Actually, I'll amend that. Hawkeye also got screwed pretty hard but it was also very much optional. It was kind of useful in Gerudo Desert but not really needed otherwise.
>>
>>378585761

>Top 3 Zelda material

you cant have played any more than 3 zelda games
>>
File: 1419791382739.png (984KB, 863x661px) Image search: [Google]
1419791382739.png
984KB, 863x661px
>>378585987
I've played almost all of them. The best 3 are easily LttP, OoT, and TP. The rest are all mediocre at best. I haven't played BotW yet cause there's no reason to buy a switch yet and fuck my Wii U
>>
>>378585987

Not him but I've at least played a good deal of every Zelda except Triforce Heroes, and have beaten most of that designated set of games, and TP is my personal favorite.
>>
>>378585456
I always thought it was going for a LOTR movies kind of look
>>
>>378578029
>WWfags are so salty they still make threads after 2 new Zelda games came out
>>
>>378579932
BoTW will outsell it soon.
>>
>>378580634
>An epic overworld

HAHAHA. Why are TP fags so deluded?. Also the dungeons in TP all followed the same formula.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTsgWepH3GY
>>
File: 1456123841485.jpg (1MB, 1536x1725px) Image search: [Google]
1456123841485.jpg
1MB, 1536x1725px
>>378578029

You're free to have your own opinions about the game but don't just make shit up.
>>
>>378585456
So you're just plain retarded then. Got it. This game has a cartoony art style. All Zelda games have a cartoony art style, even OoT/MM which people mistakenly thought was "realistic" too. SS and BotW are "realistic" by you're same retarded standard but Nintendo was never chasing realism here.

Nor should they, realism is for literal autists who want video games to eventually match real life so they can slap a VR helmet on and pretend they're not some closeted socially awkward ugly fatty and also they can be sonic the hedgehog and have sex with sonic the hedgehog's butthole which of course is made up of more polys and vertices than the rest of his model combined
>>
>>378586465

Twilight Princess Metacritic
>95%

Wind Waker
>96%

Salty about what? That Wind Waker aged like a jewel and actually had an interesting supporting cast?
>>
>>378582523

>you need to go back to the places in OoT to get the master sword and stuff
>that means going through the sacred lost woods
>WTF WHY DOES THIS SOUND LIKE THE PLACES IN OOT, FUCKING NINTENDO
>>
File: 1430971687681.jpg (126KB, 612x528px) Image search: [Google]
1430971687681.jpg
126KB, 612x528px
>>378587006
>being this delusional
>>
>>378579932
Twilight Princess was possibly one of the most over-hyped games ever. This is the game that had so much hype behind it that a guy got fired because giving it an 8.8 caused thousands of autists to throw a massive shit-fit and send death threats. Throw this in with it being a Wii launch title before people knew the Wii was shit and of course it sold that well, any pile of garbage would.
>>
>>378586918

>Nintendo was never chasing realism here.

But they literally fucking were?? I have nothing else to say on this because this isn't the kind of shit anyone should have to explain to anyone else. This is ridiculous.

The word "realistic" is all anyone can use when referring to this fucking game's art style in comparison to other Zelda games. If you compare the screenshots of TP
>>378586837

And then compare it to games in the Fallout and Fable franchises that came out at the same time, you'll see a pretty strong similarity. They all wanted to look realistic. I don't give a shit what terminology you think is correct, the word is "realistic".
>>
File: whatsthismemecalled.jpg (21KB, 415x479px) Image search: [Google]
whatsthismemecalled.jpg
21KB, 415x479px
>>378578029
To this day I still fucking wonder why can't Nintendo think of original plots. Why do they feel forced to rehash the same story over and over again? Like nigga, Zant was okay, why did they have to shoehorn Ganon at the last second? What the fuck was that?
>>
>>378587267

nice argument
>>
File: WS000029.jpg (33KB, 637x325px) Image search: [Google]
WS000029.jpg
33KB, 637x325px
>>378587492
That literally has nothing to do with the statement "it looks no different to the original"
>>
>>378586837

I mean sure, if you cherry-pick the places that looked so bad they HAD to do something about it, then yeah there's a difference.

But bare in mind the Wii/GCN screenshot there is HD, while the original release obviously wasn't. Not to mention the fact that they both use the exact same character models, which is fucking hilarious considering Twilight Princess was finished in 2005.
>>
>>378587958
But anon, the argument is "it looks no different" which is a lie.
>>
>>378588140

>changing the goalposts this hard

alright anon I guess you got me, you win
>>
>>378588272
Changing what? the only replies I have recieved when calling you/OP up on your bullshit is a stream of avoidance and other "points" in an attempt to deflect from the original statement. You said it looked no different, it does look different, meaning you are wrong.
>>
File: 1392649870065.jpg (660KB, 2500x2276px) Image search: [Google]
1392649870065.jpg
660KB, 2500x2276px
It's amazing how much WW and TP fags hate each other like holy shit both games are okay at best. Like I know they appeal to different people and are like opposite but jesus it's amazing at the autism
>>
File: 1413392972159.gif (159KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
1413392972159.gif
159KB, 500x750px
>There are people that were upset about Zant turning out to be a crazy manchild instead of another "evil overlord" type villain like Ganondorf and most stock medieval fantasy villains.
>>
>>378588463

>actually taking this seriously

holy shit

for fucks sake, of course it looks different, it's a fucking HD re-release. I said it looked "no different" as an OBVIOUS exaggeration because the differences were just touched up textures instead of an actual boost to the fundamental structure of the game (such as character models, animations and sound) The game is 11 years old, and it still looks like it.
>>
File: komaeda.png (86KB, 288x401px) Image search: [Google]
komaeda.png
86KB, 288x401px
>>378578029
Ganondorf wasn't added in at the last second though, you knew he would be relevant to the game when he showed up in a flashback at the end of Arbiter's Grounds. And even before that Zant was going on and on about his "god" in that scene after Lakebed Temple. I would have preferred that Zant stayed the villain all the way through, but people who say "hurrr Ganondorf's appearance was so random!" are brainlets.
>>
>>378589124
Wrong again as several models were re-done like vines for example and what you're expecting for everything else is Remaster territory whereas this is just a simple HD re-release that only existed as an apology for Wii-U users due to the delay of BoTW.

Perhaps if you should get informed before shitting on games next time champ.
>>
>>378589150

It's not that Ganondorf was "so random xD!", it's that people were excited that Nintendo was finally adding new characters and new plots and then they go "lol no, here's ganon again!"

Which is also kind of stupid from those people because they didn't realize that TP's plot is literally a rehash from ALTTP
>>
>>378587006

>Wind Waker
>aged like a jewel

Its artstyle aged like a jewel. Save for a few elements like sailing, grottos and item-based combat the core structure of WW's gameplay and progression is absolutely piss poor compared to the other 3D Zeldas.
>>
>>378590063
If TP is a remake of ALttP than it's also a remake of OoT
>>
>>378588526
t h i s
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4pwfJdfjMA
Post a better Link vs Ganon fight
Protip: you can't
>>
>>378578029
at least this link doesnt dress up as a trap

makes it better in my book
>>
>>378590721
It's a shame WW's fight is so restrictive by comparison. Zelda could use some more one-on-one boss fights.
>>
>>378588526

SS/BotW faggotry would be even worse as those games are essentially more extreme versions of TP and WW respectively but that would entail a sizable number of SS fags actually existing to happen.
>>
>>378590063
Ganondorf was somehow connected to Zant's life
>>
>>378590484
Not him, but TP does have several elements from ALTTP.

>Only 2 games with a brunette Zelda
>First there's an evil wizard trying to take over the land, he does this by subduing the king
>Link must travel to another world which is like an alternate version of the real one
>in this world, link takes the shape of his "spirit animal"
>he must seek the master sword which is hidden in the secret woods
>turns out the real bad guy wasn't the wizard but GANON.

Nintendo keeps these types of tropes in a box and they just rehash them as needed
>>
>>378591203

I feel like that's just how the Triforce of Power manifested Ganondorf in the Twilight Realm, much like how Link becomes a wolf. Though the question at that point is why did Zelda never change form?
>>
>>378591343
Zelda was linked to Midna
>>
>>378591709

I guess, but Ganondorf was linked to Zant and he's a swirling mass of malevolence so...?
>>
>>378590691
w h y d o y o u s p a c e l I k e a n i d i o t ?
>>
>>378578029
I replayed this a couple of weeks ago for the first time since it came out. I enjoyed it.
>>
>>378592204

I've beaten it like 7 times. I fucking love TP.
>>
>>378587006
WW was ok.
TP was ok.
WWfags made an angry fit when TP came out because for some reason, they thought every Zelda game would be cartoony after WW, but instead they got a new approach like with around 80% of new Zelda games Nintendo makes.
And for some reason, a bunch of perpetually angry men keeps posting about how they cartoonish version is better than all the other versions instead of appreciating every game for it has to offer(you numbers prove it, both games are loved by most people).
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.