[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>2017 >99999999999 zombie survival games >not a single

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 8

File: header.jpg (46KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
46KB, 460x215px
>2017
>99999999999 zombie survival games
>not a single one of them is good
what went wrong?
>>
>>378564708
Gee is like if a shit premise tends to be shit
>>
retarded gamers giving real money to retarded unscrupulous developers in the hopes that a promised (read: not real) game comes to fruition
>>
>>378564708
Just wait for Left 4 Dead 3..
>>
I enjoy DayZ Standalone
it's comfy af
>>
Admittedly I've never felt as much anxiety as I ever have playing Dying Light trying to constantly run away from zombies, shit pretty damn good.
>>
>>378564708
DayZ was fun before it got big. I mean the mod of course. The offshoot mods really polished it and added sorely need features like proper base building.

Basically one good mod made people realize the genre had viral potential and everyone leapt on it. This happens all the fucking time for so many things, like fidget spinners for example.
>>
>>378564936
more like
it's a premise that shitty indie devs shouldn't do

where the hell are my major studio zombie multiplayer games?
>>
And every single one is permanently in Early Access because that way they don't have to fix bugs and no one can refund their shit game.
>>
cataclysm dda
>>
>>378565084
It's comfy especially on .62. Can't wait for it to come to stable so I can go hunting and build a base again.
>>
>>378565505
all i'm doing with a friend is running through the woods with some average gear to defend ourselves just in case
just go explore and loot, talk a lil bit. make some campfire and fuck around

IT
IS
GREAT
>>
>>378564708
Does the Forest count? It's pretty good.
>>
File: 1474915105564.png (536KB, 835x805px) Image search: [Google]
1474915105564.png
536KB, 835x805px
7 Days to die.
>>
>>378565184
MGS surVive is the only one I can think of.
>>
File: DayZ.jpg (324KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
DayZ.jpg
324KB, 1920x1080px
>>378565853
It's a shame most people think this game is a straight PVP experience. I can't really blame them though, as there really isn't an incentive to work together, as current exploits make this game a joke to survive in.
>>
>2017
>dayz still doesn't have content
>>
>people think DayZ was ever good

Maybe you had fun but it was always a shitty mod. There's no reason to not just kill everybody you meet. Ever. The zombies are never enough of a threat to force people to work together. They're just fodder and only a genuine threat to retards. The game is primarily player vs player instead of environment vs players like it should be. Fucking over somebody should be a hard choice because while you get their shit it leaves you less able to handle threats from the environment, but this is never ever the case in DayZ. The basic design philosophies of survival are never anything other than an afterthought. People just log in with their friends and form kill teams. You may as well play PlayerUnknown's Cancer Alpha Grounds and have something designed for that sort of experience instead of playing a mod with a facelift that still plays and feels like a bad mod instead of a real game.

At least Battle Royale style meme games focus on retardedly hostile competition between all parties instead of pretending the survival aspect is anything but tacked on.
>>
Nobody wants to help people they don't know because matchmaking and griefing fucked communities.
>>
>>378567783
The standalone is getting there. As of .61 they've added wolves that fuck your shit up if you're alone in the woods and they've "overhauled" the zombies to make them a bigger threat. Firing a gun in a town usually spells your death unless you make your shots count, because zombies will swarm your ass and give away your position to players.

Look, I'm not gonna act like DayZ is a perfect game. It's pretty god damn broken in a lot of aspects and development is slow as dogshit, but it does something that all the other so-called "competitors" don't and that's offer some semblance of a survival game. Other games like H1Z1 advertised itself as a survival game and it just gave up on itself halfway through and became a battle royal ripoff. PUBG is pretty fun I'll admit but it's still just a deathmatch.
>>
In case of dayz they listened to reddit. Dayz mod was popular because people wanted to kill each other. Reddit wanted to do gay ass roleplaying with absolutely no loot whatsoever and useless mechanics that don't work 90% of the time because the engine is shit. Ontop of that they basically killed their own game by not having mod support which is basically the backbone for everything arma related. And don't forget the absurdely long dev time for anything, most games would be fucking done after this time but those assholes are still in fucking alpha stages.
>>
No more room in hell is trashy because its a mod, bit its actually pretty fun to play with friends
>>
File: happy_doggo.jpg (41KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
happy_doggo.jpg
41KB, 480x640px
>>378565291
muh nigga
>>
>>378569156
>Firing a gun in a town usually spells your death
I was playing Breaking Point (arma 3 dayz mod) and found the SVDK rifle, saw some guy running in a town like 1km+ away and thought I could hit him. Missed, however literally every zombie I saw started running towards me and in 10 minutes there were 30 of them standing around the rock I climbed ontop.
>>
>>378566230
Oh hey I completely forgot that it was a thing.
Release when?
>>
>>378569156
>zombie survival
>no zombies
>get hunted by wolves instead
>>
>>378570712
zambies are actually back from what I've heard
not gonna play that shit again tho
>>
>Dayz SA was literally just Rocket and his crew adding in cosmetics and minor animations every update for a few years before Rocket decided to run with the money

I still can't fathom how the SA was so much worse than the mod, considering ti was running on pretty much the same engine
>>
>>378570712
Here's your (you)
>>
File: 1495915402702.jpg (80KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1495915402702.jpg
80KB, 600x800px
>>378565184
This.
What the fuck, it's like Day Z was an example of what people want to do in a survival game, so you'd think an AAA studio would be interested in the potential market
but instead, we get all the russians and shitty loner indies making mnecraft/zombie/survival games.
H1Z1 was the only one that got even close to the level of the original DayZ mod. Standalone is probably better but I've heard nothing good about that either.

Everyone is just looking for a quick buck instead of popularity and money in the long run.

Why is it that some battleroyale shit is suddenly so interesting to people? I guess you get the thrill that DayZ gave, but the point of DayZ was never pvp, even though that's literally everything people did in it.

Then you got your pvp oriented survival games like RUST and Ark, god those games are a piece of shit.
Why would anyone want a bulding&surviving game where all of your progress is ruined by random griefers and "clans" of dickheads with better gear and numbers.

I just don't understand

Day Z was the ideal zombie game
>zombies are dumb and slow, but resilient and will fucking find you by any noise or smell you make
>bullets are extremely scarce, and melee is highly unoptimal in a combat situation
>food and water is rare, shelter is not guaranteed, warm clothes and tools are needed in the long run
>players can be friendly and share or trade, but majority of the time, personal meeds & greed will cause them to turn on you.

The only bad thing in Day Z was the pvp fags
people who literally just kill people for no reason, like sniping from the other side of the valley without even considering that they need to loot you.
Like, it was so goddamn obvious, people who just spawn have nothing and they always roam the beaches. Even still, you'd have those assholes just target practice on their ass
>>
File: file.png (41KB, 253x110px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
41KB, 253x110px
>>378564708
DayZ had a lot of promise, then the devs just got real fucking comfy with the 1million sales, and Rocket left after a year - the fucking nigger.

The new patch (on experimental) has done quite a lot to improve the game, forests are actually forests now, the game runs a lot smoother and the night and day have good ambient noises like crickets and wolf howls.

The only bad thing about DayZ at the moment is that theres still a massive lack of vehicles on the map, you starve/dehydrate way to fast (as well as starting with low hunger), they havent added any new guns to the game for months now, and the loot system is fucking retarded

Once it hits beta (this year guys we promise hahahaha) they'll hopefully open up the game for modders to tinker about with, and modders will actually save the game with all the different old arma 2 games like Epoch/ Overwatch, Overpoch etc.
>>
>>378565164
This. Dayz Mod in it's height was amazing. It's only real issues were hackers and the fact you could gear your character by just camping a deer stand.

Standalone's only issue is there are no zombies (like 2-3 in a city at most) and both zombies/items don't respawn. Not to mention Rocket is a lazy cunt.

Both had lots of potential but unfortunately as unfinished as they both are we'll never see anything else as good.
>>
>>378569156
>Dayz Standalone
>Zombies
You mean the 2 zombies in Cherno that are already dead because someone punched them to death 4 hours ago and they don't respawn?
>>
Zombies are indeed back.
>>
>>378571976

The ARMA 2 mod was basically the perfect zombie survival game (except for how janky the engine was). It was ruined when it became popular and people started flooding in and shooting eachother.
>>
Kind of a shitty premise that has no lasting appeal, but what really kills them is that NOT A SINGLE GOD DAMN ONE OF THEM IS FINISHED
>>
>>378565084
I like the modded mod better (origins/epoch/overwatch/overpoch/BR/etc.). The standalone reminded me that I didn't like DayZ at all.
>>
>>378565505

Can't wait for release so I can refund that shit.
>>
File: 1496008476046.jpg (30KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1496008476046.jpg
30KB, 320x320px
Just play Breaking Point.
>>
>>378574664
For me it was when people were hacking and admins stopped caring about banning it that ruined DayZ Mod for me.

When it got to the point that Goons from SomethingAwful were doing "le ebin raids" where they were teleporting around in a spawned-in bus, shooting people in 20-man drive-bys and such I was like yea nah fuck this.

Also being able to spawn gear at a deer stand ruined it for me to because you could get pretty much anything you could ever need by abusing the loot spawn mechanics.
>>
>>378564708
Yeah I don't understand why, given how many zombie survival craftan games there are, no base-building zombie game ever came to be.

All I ever wanted was to scavenge for parts to build up a small base to withstand increasingly large zombie waves washing through the area.

ALSO why no games feature finite numbers of zombies and play with the "people getting infected" thing.
>>
>>378564708
People eat up the same old shit over and over for some reason, so long that it involves the same shit from [game they liked].

I hate this shit so much. I just wanna buy a new game that's fun, but it's impossible to wade through the millions of copy/paste games to try and find the one diamond in the rough that might be there.
>>
>>378571976
>Why would anyone want a bulding&surviving game where all of your progress is ruined by random griefers and "clans" of dickheads with better gear and numbers.
I laugh because survival goes right out the window when you add "build a base" into the game. Human ingenuity just allows players to purposely build comical death traps to mass slaughter whatever mobs they're supposed to be "surviving" from. It just doesn't mix.
>>
7 days to die is ugly as sin but its fun and pretty suspenseful if you play by yourself
>>
>>378574903
haha stupid goy, no refunds if you've owned the game for >1 month or if you have 2 hours played
>>
>>378575204
Did they make that any better yet?

Last time I played the only vehicles it was possible to ever find were the boats abd all spawnpoints were just retards running around killing eachother with whatever pistols they could find instead of actually trying to get inland
>>
>>378575841
It actually looks pretty fucking sweet at max settings.
>>
>>378574903
Enjoy the 34.99. It'll probably be better spent on TF2 hats anyway.
>>
>>378576149
You can refund that shit once it gets out of early access.
>>
>>378566493
my nigga
>>
>>378571976
>thought rust looked interesting

>do a couple of runs and get a base up and full gear each time

>everything always goes exceedingly well when I'm on, I down most fuckers I come across and amass a shitload of LOOT

>ok, guess I'm done for the day

>base is raided when I'm offline

>every
>single
>time

Why the FUCK there isn't some kind of offline protection is beyond me. It could be abused but just put a timer so you have to be logged out for half an our before your shit can't be blown up while your in game character is in a coma like what the fuck.
>>
>>378576609
Not anymore goyim
>>
>>378575534
The Forest, technically they're cannibals but meh same difference.
>>
>>378576760
They likely expected you to be a part of some 24/7 micro community clan who'll protect your stuff, along with theirs, during your off hours. Of course said clan is most likely the faggots that'll steal and break your stuff on whim anyway.
>>
>>378578085
Daily reminder: People used to pay Chinese/Vietnamese kids $2 a day to protect their tents in DayZ
>>
>>378578587
You're joking right? Source?
>>
>>378578902
Vids on youtube. There used to be a compilation of a guy hunting 'em down.
>>
>>378564708
Trash just like the mod was. PUBG is going to have this game dead in under a year.
>>
>>378578902
iirc it wasnt actually chinks/viets, in my experience I met a couple shitkids from Ukraine protecting some german youtubers shit, me and my friend actually managed to handcuff them so we could interrogate them.

It was on an RP server and we just screamed at them in Russian till they broke character and told us what was going on.
One almost started crying because he thought he was getting paid so much for just sitting around in DayZ protecting someone elses shit

we killed the kids and had a friend bring a truck to the tents so we could lift as much shit as we could. never found out what the youtuber did for his series/to the kids after the event. Kinda wish I'd found out the account from them

>>378580391
>le pubg social marketting campaign
fuck off its already #3 game on steam, people are going to stop buying it if you shills dont fuck off
>>
>>378577457
Yeah I played it for a bit. It did alright but it was shallow as hell and not really the zombie experience. Bases always ended up as death machines and 99% of the game was just chopping wood.
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.