[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you plan to buy Monster Hunter for switch or God Eater

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

Do you plan to buy Monster Hunter for switch or God Eater 3 for the ps4pro?
>>
no word for God Eater 3... probably a 2018 release
>>
>>378562521
I bought Toukiden 2 instead
>>
Monster Hunter, however i am expecting Capcom to give me even more of a reason to get doubled dipped on the Generations/XX, simply having better textures and resolution is not enough.

give me fucking 60 fps or no buy
>>
>>378562521
None.
>>
>>378562521
why not both?
>>
>>378562521
>Worst monhun or floating hunter?
MH4U
easily
>>
I've never played a Monster Hunter game. Link me a short video that shows off what makes the games good.
>>
I'll probably buy MHXX on switch, whenever I can get one, and then cave in and buy it on 3DS as well so I can play local and have 2 screens. Yes I am a tool.
>>
Has the Switch's online fee been detailed yet? The thought of having a MH game's multiplayer locked behind a paywall is upsetting
>>
None.
>>
File: 2017-05-06 01.31.41.jpg (930KB, 2895x1630px) Image search: [Google]
2017-05-06 01.31.41.jpg
930KB, 2895x1630px
Neither, I have superior Toukiden 2
>>
>>378566075
>Koei shit
You wish
>>
>>378566561
It has better combat than God Eater.
>>
>>378568276
Certainly, but it's still not as good as MonHun
>>
>>378566075
Seriously, Toukiden 2 was fantastic and is way better than chuuni God Eater shit. The story and characters are actually good and the gameplay too. Combat still isn't as good as MH but it's fun in another kind of way. It's getting there, they just need to add a little more depth to the weapons. Either way, Toukiden 2 is actually a GOTY contender for me. Open world actually did fit pretty well for it too.
>>
>>378565797
I don't know much about hacking but maybe there could eventually be a way around it.
>>
>>378570551
>a little

Try a lot. The game still feels like it's a musou.
>>
>>378568276
>It has better combat than shit
Both are terrible in their own way.
>>
>>378564276
MH is like a korean grind MMO without the P2W shit
>>
>>378562521
If we get a western release date at E3 MH if not neither, GE is shit there are far superior MH replacements than that.
>>
Is the English localization of mhxx coming this year?
>>
>>378562521

No because I tried 3 years ago, and it was fun with friends, but the "get these items" farming missions and drop rates made me quit, as an adult I don't have time for this shit when there are other games I want to play. At least with an MMO everything you will still be relevant as long as expansions and shit comes out.
>>
>>378564276
Essentially you have to figure out the timing of monsters and your attacks to hit them in their openings, pretty weighty and methodical combat. Everything >>378571013 said is right and ruins the game though, you'll be sick of it in no time.
>>
>>378570879
Eh, not really. It is faster and more spammy but there's still more to it than a musou. Also hordes can fuck you up.
>>
File: tmp_3037-0-321298653.jpg (20KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_3037-0-321298653.jpg
20KB, 480x360px
>>378564276
Imagine slow Soul-ish combat with a bit of rodeo/bullfighting and you're in Jurassic Park.
The main draw imo is the general feel of the game, you're just a guy who didn't skip leg day and wields a Berserk-tier fuckhueg weapon to hunt down dinosaurs and dragons, and after a long day of that you get to come back to the village of friendly NPCs who were eagerly awaiting your return
>>
>>378562521
Is playing as the cats even fun?
>>
>>378562521
I'm going to buy monster hunter 5 on the ps4

Sony always win
>>
>>378565797
It was detailed in their financial briefings as akin to $14-21 a year
>>
>>378572101
It's overrated imo
>>
>>378572316
It has its moments, having infinite stamina and gathering tools is fine, and the different set of active skills or play styles are cool.

However they have a limited moveset and weapon types (its either blunt or cutting with blunt or cutting throwable boomerang).
>>
>>378572495
This. Except mhfu which was goat
>>
>>378573237
how can you say that when the combat has literally improved every game?
>>
>>378571792

But it still feels like a musou. Its hard to explain, but that way that you're locked in place while in a combo, and the general stiffness of the combat is very musou-esque.

>>378572101
>Soul-ish
Why is it that idiots on /v/ can't describe any combat without resorting to Souls? The combat really doesn't have anything similar to Souls other than both having a stamina meter. MH is about being flashy (but not too flashy) and stringing combos together and constantly being the agressor. Souls is about slow, methodical dungeon crawling and trial and error combat with rolling and parrying being your main ways to avoid damage. In MH, you're better off not being in attack radius in the first place and dodging with i-frames is incredibly difficult, if not impossible in most cases.

>>378564276
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9NYYewCSxo
This is the quintessential MH video. MH is about long boss fights against aggressive monsters with varied movesets. Combat is weighty in a way that most games try to emulate but fail and the sheer amount of weapon types, stats, skills and armor combos make it perfect for people who have autism.

>>378572495

A little bit. The combat has been getting better with every installment until 4U, then in Gen they go overboard with leanimestyles. And even in 4U the combat showed its age; mounting was implemented poorly and the UI is dreadfully bloated, especially with Wystones. I'm not that excited for MHXX but if a MH5 came out with a new UI, improved mechanics and an open world like Toukiden 2, it'd be amazing. If 5 came out and it was just an expansion on XX or 4's mechanics I don't know if I'd care as much.

I still think MH has the best combat of all hunting games but other series just need time. Toukiden 2 has a lot of problems (enemy variety the biggest) but come Toukiden 3, I suspect it'll offer some real competition if MH doesn't get off it's ass. GE on the other hand will always be dumpster.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.