[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why all the hate on this game. I can understand being disappointed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 163
Thread images: 18

Why all the hate on this game. I can understand being disappointed by certain aspects (speech being yes, no, sarcastic yes) but it did a lot of other things well and I am excited to see the sequel. Fallout 4 just seemed like a good stepping stone to a sequel like New Vegas to Fallout 3. It did a lot of things better than previous games, the world is just packed with memorable locations, the settlement building although basic has good potential, and I liked the companions. I love Cait and want to marry her, and leave my 3d gf. tfw you will never have sexy celtic gf with a scottinsh accent trying to be irish.
>>
Fallout 4 isn't a bad game. However, it is nothing stellar. No doubt, the astronomical levels of hype leading up the release is what left many people feeling disappointed by what it actually was in the end.

It did some things right (like Power Armor and the improved gamebyro engine) and some things so, so wrong, like fucking up the lore for no reason, and people like Pete Hines being involved with the game.
>>
>>378556879
No yeah I agree with that statement, I honestly thought it was much better than Skyrim was. I was let down by it at first by everyone but after sitting down to play it again I am really enjoying it. I am also confident they will fix speech and some other issues for the sequel
>>
I wish my irl gf was as sweet as Cait was. She is so sweet it just melts my heart.
>>
>>378556312
I don't really agree. It completely failed at telling a good story and having interesting quests, characters, and writing like New Vegas. The game play was improved, sure, but that's definitely not the main draw of Fallout. Even still, it's not even a really good FPS. The settlements system was pants on head retarded imo. The build interface barely worked, and the entire thing felt so tacked on and unfleshed out that it was just better to ignore it. I like the gun customization in concept, but it ended up just being 100 different parts that barely modify a stat, and like 3 interesting ones. I would rather they kept New Vegas's mod system over the one that ended up in the game. Also, the game just lacks the soul of Bethesda's other games. Even though many of the complaints about FO4's characters, writing and quests could be directed at Skyrim too, Skyrim is still a fun game. Mindlessly exploring, looting, and getting op as fuck is just fun, and despite the huge number of flaws, I still enjoy the game. I can't say the same about FO4.
>>
It was an RPG with barely any RPG elements. With every new open world game Bethesda releases they become more like action adventures and less like RPGs.
>>
I played it for 40 hours thinking it had to get good eventually. There had to be one quest that was at least memorable, one character that I would like.

It never happened and I'll never get those 40 hours back.
>>
>>378559918
Fallout 4 was way more fun that skyrim just because of the setting, skyrim felt like playing in the back 40 of my parents farm.

The USS constitution was an awesome location in fallout with all those silly robots. The hallucino-gen quest with all the high gunners killing each other was funny. Rex trying to teach super mutants Shakespeare was another memorable quest. The robot racetrack was a cool location too. I just found Fallout to have to tons of cool quirky content like that which was like the older games. Also it had great characters even if the dialogue options were limited. Hancock is a total badass hes such a cool guy.
>>
Plenty have said it but I'm gonna say it again
>Fallout 4 is not a bad open world shooter
>but it is a shit Fallout game
>>
>>378560975
Go away Todd.
>>
>>378556312
>It did a lot of things better than previous games
All the things done in previous games were better then and all the new additions are stupid busywork.
>>
File: 1495708653277.jpg (41KB, 704x396px) Image search: [Google]
1495708653277.jpg
41KB, 704x396px
What's going on here guys ? What are you talking about ? Can you let me in ?
>>
>>378562074
hahaha I knew that was coming eventually. Pirate the damn game though, I am not tard howard. There isn't a fallout game on pc I didn't like own all the main ones. (never played ps2 shit like brotherhood of steel)
>>
>>378562345
If we're really quiet, maybe he'll go away.
>>
Im actually disappointed with the modding scene. The base game is good enough that if you took the talent that Skyrim had behind its modding scene and moved it over, they could do some great shit.

But they don't, really. There arent really any super great mods for FO4. Especially in the armor/clothing front, lots of junk. Lots of modern firearm mods that suck and dont fit in the game at all.

Every time I stumble upon a mod that could be interesting it has something wrong with it.
>>
(Reposting because why not)

I quite liked Fallout 3 when I was a dumb console player, and had fun with it for a while on PC while loaded with mods. There's a certain satisfactory feeling to scavenging the wasteland, combined with the pretty decent level design and relatively desolate atmosphere. I played Fallout 4 for three hours or so, but can definitely say it's a typical case of 'Bethesda fucks up a perfectly solid base for a potentially good game'. The initial pacing per example: in the first five minutes you go from happy life at home, to running from the nukes, to going into a Vault, to watching your spouse die and child get kidnapped to escaping the incredibly boringly designed vault. Followed by being trusted into the outside where, with no explanation at all, you run into the modding and workshop mechanics of the game.

Modding appeared to largely be the case of 'pick 4-5 different aspects to mod and then 4-5 different versions to create for your weapon'. Except these mods barely noticeably improve on your items enough to be actually worth it. Why bother upgrading your 10mm pistol if you're bound to find better eventually, or if you're just wasting materials on a tier 2 mod when you could try and save up for the ever so slightly better and more expensive tier 4 version? Which brings me to materials, unlike FO3 where you had practically zero use for the random junk you found, FO4 expects you to collect it all and dump it at your workshop to construct stuff with.
>>
File: 1496079922738.jpg (308KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1496079922738.jpg
308KB, 1280x960px
Is anyone inside ? Come on guys ahaha, I swear I heard "Fallout 4", let me in, we're gonna have a nice little chat.
>>
Fallout 4 is about as interesting as staring at my taint.
>>
The first 5 minutes were fun trying to collect the various shit they modeled, until you realize they made so much junk it turns more into 'garbage collector' than you're trying to hunt for hidden safes, locked up stuff and rare goodies. The fact that the workshop function allows you to scrap almost anything you find in the vicinity of one means you also never have to look for the more common shit like steel and wood. In turn, it expects you to use those materials to craft settlements, a really out-of-place mechanic that is neither done well nor fun. Do you really want to play mayor, police, soldier, doctor, construction worker, plumber, electrician and local go-to-guy for however many settlements you make?

Moving on to the first new location you visit, and you instantly run into your generic dog companion, which so far appears to be useless besides being a nice distraction for enemies to shoot. Shortly after you run into the Minutemen, some lame-ass do-gooder collection of sissies who are being buttfucked by raiders. The raiders you, of course, drop within seconds, after which you take control of a power armor, complete with minigun, and fuck up more raiders and a deathclaw. And then you realize you can loot so much shit-tier items from them that if you sold them all you'd still be quite rich even as you got right out of the vault, so much for struggling for caps? The power armor mechanic is quite excellent, even if the whole encounter felt forced, plus handing you (supposedly) mid to late-game equipment felt like catering to the dumb masses (which it really is all about).
>>
>>378562318
the combat and world are objectively better. The world in fallout 4 is so densely packed with locations and stuff to do its much more exciting than previous games
>>
Which is really why the dialogue is dumbed down, coupled with the voice acting and lack of role-play options. The also normally lackluster RPG options are even more useless, dumbed down to just picking whatever not-useless perk you want. Ultimately I'd dare say I would buy it for 10, maybe 20 if I was really bored, and just load it with mods and hope for the best that it at least somewhat manages to inherit FO3's level design.
>>
>>378556312
>Fallout 4 just seemed like a good stepping stone to a sequel like New Vegas to Fallout 3.

To be fair, we are pretty much certain that's not gonna happen. Would be nice if it did. And from what I hear, FO4 is a mess that makes FO3 look good, and even as someone who liked FO3 I can see why that'd deserve a lot of hate.
>>
>>378556879
>Fallout 4 isn't a bad game. However, it is nothing stellar. No doubt, the astronomical levels of hype leading up the release is what left many people feeling disappointed by what it actually was in the end.

Part of the issue is probably that the additions and systems that were hyped up by the trailers leading up to release would have been amazing... on a proper fallout game. But it was the usual for Bethesda, 2 steps forward, 5 steps back.
>>
>>378562929
It's mostly pointless disconnected locations that you just wander between until you get bored. The meat of the game should be the quests.
>>
>>378562987
>just load it with mods and hope for the best that it at least somewhat manages to inherit FO3's level design.
It's what I'm gonna do eventually, when I upgrade my PC. Bethesda's games are fun to just lose yourself into ignoring the usually very flawed main plots, and as a setting I like Fallout more than skyrim so it's got great potential for me.
>>
File: 1495585936823.png (1MB, 704x396px) Image search: [Google]
1495585936823.png
1MB, 704x396px
LET.ME.IN !
>>
It has no soul or charm. It feels like Fallout made by EA
>>
File: .jpg (101KB, 550x434px) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
101KB, 550x434px
>>378562345
>>
>>378563328
It has charm, just not in the places where NV had charm. Where it's arguably more important to have charm.
>>
>Settlement building
Holy shit that's awesome!

>1 city, build the rest yourself you fucks so you can populate them with completely generic npc's
T-thanks bethesda.
>>
>>378562905
I left the power armor the fuck behind I don't mess with that shit, I like what they did to it and the mechanics of it. I just never cared for power armor in any of the fallout games.
>>
>>378562987
Fallout 3 had shit world design though, the dungeons were good but the wasteland was boring as fuck.
>>
>>378563508
>It has charm, just not in the places where NV had charm.
elaborate
>>
Why does everyone act like they are speech fags when 90% of /v/ ignores that option anyway. I get that it sucks the option isn't there but none of you used it anyway.
>>
>>378556312
The biggest issue I have with the game is the fact that modding never really took off. It has a lot of flaws as-is (Even worse use of lore and the setting than Fallout 3, the god-awful quests and dialog, the almost complete lack of friendly locations to visit, pipe weapons, etc etc etc) but the basic gameplay is pretty enjoyable, and if modding went nuts there could've been a really fun game there. As it is I can't say I didn't get my money's worth, it just ended up being possibly the most disappointing Bethesda RPG due to lack of modding. Even fucking Oblivion could eventually be turned into a fun game with mods, and while FO4 is a hell of a lot better than Oblivion un-modded to un-modded that doesn't really make up for it.
>>
>>378563870
NV had a shitload of options for things other than speech.
>>
>>378563579
that is shit for the girl gamers anyway, it was a good starting point I sure didn't have any issues using the system like some people say but its just generic.
>>
>>378563731

Agreed, the wasteland was a boring chore. I never did say the world design was good, with level design I primarily referenced levels, aka what you'd call a dungeon in the typical TES game, or the typical inhabited building in FO3.

Sorry for being a bit unclear.
>>
>>378563952
That's a wild exaggeration, but it had a decent amount of extra stuff every now and then.
>>
>>378563952
NV was also an obsidian game and obsidian is known for taking IPs and making them better you really expect Bethesda to do that? God I really hope obsidian is doing the sequel even though I am sure they are not.

>>378563918
I have not played a single fan mod for any Bethesda game that was not an autistic piece of shit though
>>
>>378563731
>>378564126

How can you call the F3 wasteland boring when the FNV wasteland exists?
Do you seriously love Maize so much?
>>
>>378564152
>That's a wild exaggeration,
There were checks for skills and stats whenever it was appropriate and sometimes you had to combo multiple skills to get the best outcome. The only options in FO4 are
>speech
>kill everything
>>
>>378564261

I couldn't get into FNV, the desert was even more boring. Top tier writing, plot and quests for sure, but I couldn't slog through the first part of the intended game just to have to go and walk past big patches of empty desert. Plus by then the whole Fallout gameplay got rather stale, like being hold down by a big ball and chain.
>>
>>378556312
It's a good game
But a horrible fallout game.
>>
Literally every aspect of Fallout 4, even the good ones, have inherent flaws that make it shit. It's actually baffling how bay Bethesda fucked up every aspect of their game.
>>
if anyone actually is persuaded to buy the game any time soon, I HIGHLY recommend you browse through the mods on nexus and install any skins, weather mods, bug fixes, etc. or anything that looks interesting to you before your first playthrough.

It will make it A LOT more worthwhile and you'll get more hours and enjoyment out of it.

>inb4 "but muh achievements will be locked"
>>>
http://f4se.silverlock.org/ use that to activate achievements while still using mods.
>>
>>378564560
The NV map was designed in a way that it steered you around the empty desert towards Vegas while feeding you story stuff along the way.
>>
>>378564784

Yes and god forbid you decide to go outside the intended narrative and explore your surroundings, that's just bad world design, especially for an open world game.
>>
>>378564684
Its a mediocre/not good game
and a horrible fallout game.

There is little "good" about anything in this game
>>
>>378564957
God forbid the game try to build up the world instead of just dumping you in an open map full of pointless sight-seeing detours.
>>
>>378564957
kek i remember some anon posted a thread complaining about how /v/ had lied to him about NV because every time he tried to stay off the games intended path he'd get destroyed by deathclaws that would track him from miles alway
>>
>>378556312

For every good thing fallout 4 did, it had a step back.

Power Armor got a amazing overhaul, but fusion core retcons and the fact that non power armor trained people can use is bullshit.

Perk system was massively overhauled, but they got ride of skill points.

The dialogue system is just bad on so many levels, you can never have more then 4 dialogue options at a time. This doesn't just suck for the vanilla game, but it really limits modding, especially if you want tie mods to vanilla characters. That isn't counting all the bullshit about how you can't really say no, and you can't tell what you are saying just by the hints it gives you.

Dialogue wheel is the most cancerous thing ever added to video games, its done more damage then call of duty could ever do.
>>
>>378565113
Maybe my idea of building up the world isn't being corralled down a preset path surrounded by overleveled enemies for the first several hours of the game, unless you say fuck it and metagame to sprint to new vegas.
>>
>>378565103
Man I am a fan of the originals and I still like 4 when you didn't start playing the series until 3 wtf. /v/ kids always like to pretend they are oldfags who know what they are talking about
>>
>>378565257
>the fact that non power armor trained people can use is bullshit.
Power armor training was a garbage addition for Fallout 3 in the first place. It makes no sense and it's great that it was removed. I agree about the fusion core retcons though, they should have just made the armors harder to find and repair.
>>
>>378565424
What is your idea of world building? FO3/FO4's "look there's a new thing over here" is the design equivalent of dangling something in front of a cat.
>>
>>378560975
man its almost like its funner to fuck around with a bunch of guns both real and fantasy than it is to use a sword and autistic shouting

fallout4 is a bland, generic, tasteless glob of shit that no one would be missing out on if they didnt play it. even as a shooter with rpg elements its still dog shit

fuck you todd fuck you adam fuck you mark fucking kill yourselves
>>
What are some good mods that allow my slut to be enslaved?
>>
>>378565720
And NV's idea is dangling something in front of a cat except the cat is in a long corridor and gets sprayed with water if he tries to deviate.
>>
>>378565965
does Fallout 4 even have sex mods? Are they good?
>>
>>378565257
Perk system needs to go back to the way it was and the dialogue wheel needs scrapped. Definitely agree on that. Those things are easy enough to fix, Bethesda tried it and it failed so they just better not keep it in the next game.
>>
>>378566074
LoversLab got a working versions back around april, but its super basic with like 5 addons and almost no customization.

>>378565965

None yet
>>
>>378556312
>I am excited to see the sequel
Why? The series is better off without them existing.
>>
File: 1446782750336.jpg (88KB, 700x520px) Image search: [Google]
1446782750336.jpg
88KB, 700x520px
>>378566078
The problem isn't the dialog wheel. It never is the dialog wheel. That's just a format, a format that happens to be very user friendly for mouse or gamepads or keyboards. The problem is the content. Having more than 4 options is great, but you can have a 4-option limit and still do fantastic dialog, like Deus Ex. Or you can have a wheel but expand options with submenus, like for example an infodump section mapped to one of the buttons (where your questions about the situation that don't advance the conversation would go, for example).
>>
>>378566078

The way the perk tree works is fine, there is a bigger emphasis on your special stats, which was a change that was needed, putting perk points into Special was something you never really did in previous fallout games. They need to readd the skill points, otherwise the perk tree will always be shallow.
>>
>>378565996
The problem isn't the game the problem is that you're looking at it with the perspective of "this should be like fallout 3". The map is designed differently because it's leading you through a series of events and giving you the freedom to decide how to handle those events. FO3 just dumps you in a completely open world full of disjointed events to hop around at your leisure.
>>
>>378562669
The """""""story""""""" literally makes you not want to play through the game, making mods a waste of time.
>>
>>378566482
yeah I meant the wheel is the problem as in the restricting it to 4 options you can still do a wheel and have more options to make the interface friendly but Fallout 4s sucked
>>
>>378566335
So nothing like Skryim and Oblivion yet?
>>
>>378566579
>is that you're looking at it with the perspective of "this should be like fallout 3"
Actually I'm looking at it from the perspective of "this should be like an open world game that has incentives to follow a path but not punishments for wanting to branch out".

Ideally, the player should be able to head off wherever they please, and simply have plot threads in many locations that could point them in the right direction no matter where they went.
>>
>>378566482

Except the implementation of the dialogue wheel in FO4 is not friendly at for submenu's, since every submenu is by default limited to 3 options since you have to have a option to quit the dialogue or go back to the initial dialogue menu.

The dialogue wheel lends itself well to character driven games like Mass Effect and Deus Ex, not to role play driven games like Fallout. I guess there is a argument that they tried to make fallout 4 a character driven one, but its a bullshit change.
>>
>>378566615
I like the "wheel" or "cross" interface a lot. The wheel better. It's honestly not restricting at all , however people tend to equate it with dialog restriction because most games that have used it ended up simultaneously dumbing down their dialog paths.
As an interface though it's very good and has more than enough options to accomodate for all the dialog you could reasonably want.
>>
>>378566608
better than fallout 3 story by a mile.
>>
>>378566821
nv is like deus ex or vtmb where you travel through locations based on where you are in the story. you have problems with it because you're trying to play it in a way it's not meant or designed to be played. the invisible walls, deathclaws, and cazadores should be evidence of that.
>>
>>378562669

Skyrim special edition took the legs out of the fallout modding community since it basically gave all the fans a new love for the game. It didn't help that the script extender took forever to come out for FO4
>>
So is there an alternate start mod that gets rid of the story?
>>
>>378566821
I like fallout 4 cause you just wander out anywhere and you run into a quest
>>
>>378566675

Not even close, its been less then 2 months.
>>
>>378566942
>Except the implementation of the dialogue wheel in FO4 is not friendly at for submenu's
Sure it is. You'd be hard pressed to find more than a handful of options even in new vegas that had more than 8 or so choices, even for infodumps. It's a matter of the developers not being willing to add in more options, not the interface being inherently restrictive. The mass effect wheel is even better since you can have easy access to 6-8 options per wheel, with the possibility of 5-7 more if you use nested lists.

And New Vegas used nested lists as well, usually under "let me ask you about __ choices"

Don't get me wrong, what FO4 did is a crime against dialog. But the problem really isn't the wheel or cross. Again, play Deus Ex HR if you want to see a dialog cross-based game with superb conversations.

>>378567149
>Make an open wold game
>Force the player down a linear path
Bravo.
>>
File: fallout 4 sucks ass.png (2MB, 2916x2682px) Image search: [Google]
fallout 4 sucks ass.png
2MB, 2916x2682px
>>378556312
>Why all the hate on this game.

Because it's shit.
>>
>>378567149

Not that guy, but I don't mind the walls (can be removed with mod) nor the enemies (can be spotted and avoided), but just that even the non-walled immediate surroundings are boring and have nothing to them.
>>
File: 1461797689665.jpg (78KB, 644x806px) Image search: [Google]
1461797689665.jpg
78KB, 644x806px
>>378556312
Story is shit.
Voiced character is shit.
Le minecraft settlements is shit.
Ghoul boy living for 200 years without food or drink is shit.
Institute possibly one of the worst written factions in a videogame is shit.
Anything I'm missing?
>>
>>378567319
I like New Vegas because you just wander out, find the obvious tail end of a quest, but you can't do anything about it unless you go to the start of the quest and have it logged in your quest list.
>>
>>378556312
>packed with memorable locations
WHERE? I went south from sanctuary hills and covered what looked like 1/8 of the map and found like 6 raider dungeons and a couple dungeons filled with synths. that's fucking it, not a single npc other than the synth that reveals he's a synth to his friends.

I didn't enter the city because the free weekend stopped, is that where all the cool shit is?
>>
>>378567386
Yeah but besides that it's fine. The level of hate is really undeserved.
>>
>>378567509
>I didn't enter the city because the free weekend stopped
Why the fuck would you bother with the free weekend instead of just pirating the game if you were interested enough to actually getting it?
>>
>>378567171

There are a few, I don't know any that gets rid of the story, but the one I use just has you as a outsider reporting a kidnapping. Though the mod does a poor job of enforcing that.
>>
>>378567352
>game is clearly designed in a way that the player is supposed to follow the main quest hook from location to location
>complain when you choose to ignore it and wander off into the desert and get eaten by bugs
>>
>>378567598
because the free weekend was a click, go take a dump, play deal. i had ZERO interest in the game but if it's in my lap i might as well try it
>>
>>378567703
>Game is clearly designed in a way that's at odds to the game world type it uses
>obsidian fanboys will defend this.
>>
>>378567703

Except that it sucks on repeat playthroughs, your only options are to sneak past the two most dangerous enemies in the game or take the same opening route every time. It makes every playthrough feel the same.
>>
>>378567856
it's not at odds with the world type you are. they try to lead you through places with the main quests but you stubbornly refuse because it's not like your bethesda games.
>>
>>378556312
Agree wholeheartedly that it gets too much hate. I guess I've never really cared so much about the lack of RPG elements because I've never really given a shit about the RPG aspect of Fallout; I've just seen it as a fun sandbox that let's you dick around in it. I think, similarly to Destiny, so many people felt dissapointed and use that dissapointment to fuel their opinion of the game, so even if the game is still good people see the glass half empty.

I'll finish NV and play through 3 and 4 again, and make up my mind on the franchise then, but hoenstly I probably had the most fun with 4 subjectively. It had its flaws but I think it did a lot right and I hope Fallout 5, whether it's made by Obsidian or BGS or both, can learn from the mistakes of the previous games and make an incredible Fallout.
>>
>>378567916
The way you go through the same opening route changes depending on what skills and stats you take.
>>
>>378567968
>it's not at odds with the world type you are.
>You're at odds with the open world game because you expect it to be open instead of linear

Good one. Such RPG, so much freedom.
>>
>it did a lot of other things well
>Fallout 4 just seemed like a good stepping stone to a sequel like New Vegas to Fallout 3
>It did a lot of things better than previous games, the world is just packed with memorable locations
Has Toddposting gone too far?
But for real, what kind of straight out of reddit casual niggertrash teenager would spout such retarded opinion?
>>
>>378568071
>The way you go through the same opening route changes depending on what skills and stats you take.
What a load of bullshit.
>>
>>378568081
>le doge maymay
epin
the world is clearly designed to work in this specific way, you're choosing to ignore that and blaming the game when it doesn't work the way you want it to.
>>
>>378568071

In contrast, you could go through a bunch of routes that change depending on the skills and stats you choose. It limits replay value, which is a shame because new vegas does a lot more to lend to character builds then FO3 did.
>>
>>378568162
"hurr durr wrong opinionz on my website"
>>
>>378568210
>the world is clearly designed to work in this specific way
And that's a flaw, you imbecile. The game being designed to put your character through a railroaded section unless you say fuck it and more or less cheat to skip all that bullshit. Fallout 4 was clearly designed to have only 4 options of dialog all which more or less said the same thing, that doesn't mean it's a good thing.
>>
>>378556312
the voice acting is disgusting to hear. no character sounds motivated to do anything, and the acoustics of the voices are all over the place in a very bad way.
the motivations for the quests aren't complex or intriguing at all.
No one in the world reacts to your decisions in terms of your character build, equipment or most importantly quest choices
they removed all but removed unique items from the game and replaced them with level scaling unique trinkets. this is more a complaint from my perspective, as i liked finding hand crafted uniques as a reward for exploring.
the level up system and the enemy scaling with your level pretty much damns you to one weapons type to be combat effective. also, the perks are so pitiful in their benefits. to put this more precisely, you don't feel like you really progress in your skills, if it takes approximately the same amount of time to kill the same class of enemy throughout the entire game. I liked speccing into melee in FO:NV and obliterating things with knock knock late game.
>>
>>378568428
>linear storytelling is a flaw
What has Bethesda done to you my poor spring lamb.
>>
>>378568585
i forgot, the radio was a very lazy "upgrade" -if you could call it that- from FO3. they should have taken an entirely new approach, like happened in FO:NV
>>
God damn I want to marry Cait I just love her soo much, everything she says is like poetry.

Also fallout 4 had amazing music. Atom Bomb baby is amazing atomic doowop needs to come back haha
>>
>>378568751
I still love Personality by Johnny Mercer.
>>
While FO4 is not a bad game, it's structurally speaking pretty fucking terrible.
>>
>>378556879
that one is right : fallout 4 isn't a bad game, it's a bad fallout
you can forgive its flaws, but fallout 12NV set the bar quite high as a RPG experience that being wasteland borderlands minecraft is a disappointment
>>
>>378568603
>>linear storytelling is a flaw
It is a flaw in an RPG set in a world that's made to be open, you subnormal twat. If you have the first 4 hours of your game aim nowhere except down a specific path, and actively place severe obstacles to dissuade the players from taking any other path, one wonders why you even bother making something that isn't a corridor shooter in the first place. How much of a blind fanboy do you even have to be to campaign against multiple paths simply because *the company you like* did it?
>>
>>378568428
You know it's funny that you don't cry about FO3, when it does the exact same thing as NV when it point you to DC and Little Lamp Light.
>>
>>378569104
can you point to a thread about FO3?
No?
then fuck off. this is a thread about FO4, and we will talk about FO4, cock smoker.
stop posting if you're going to be so lazy and brainless with your responses
>>
>>378567509
did you not find a boat sitting on top of a roof? Did you not go to the drug factory? Did you not go to the robot racetrack? Like yeah there is a lot of empty shit but its packed way more densely than fallout 3 or newvegas was
>>
>>378564767
The new weather and theres a sound mod that adds a lot of reverb, really kick up the immersion. First time going to the Glowing Sea, and its snowing, with visibility maybe a few feet in front of me. Real neat
>>
>>378568991
>corridor shooter
Have you never played an RPG that isn't Bethesda open world trash? It seems like they're your standard for what every RPG is supposed to be. The problem isn't the way the map is designed the problem is your refusal to accept it and play within its bounds.
>>
>>378569241
You're crying about a linear story, as if only NV was the only game in the fallout series to have a linear way through the story. News flash fuckboy, they all have a linear story, and paths you're supposed to go because that how the story was made. You don't have to walk through the desert to NV, you don't have to go to DC to get to your dad, you can go straight to the BoS bunker right out the gate when you start FO1. But if you don't know how to, then you can stop being a little bitch and follow the story like you're supposed to.
>>
>>378569683
i'm not the other poster
>>
>>378569683
Actually fallout 1 only has the time constraint on the main mission other than you can complete it however you want. Hell I don't even think you have to do it if you don't want to either and can let everyone just die iirc
>>
>>378569729
Then why did you reply?

>>378569834
You can still go to the BoS bunker, all that matter is if you know where it is.
>>
File: new vegas map.jpg (2MB, 2052x2064px) Image search: [Google]
new vegas map.jpg
2MB, 2052x2064px
>>378569104

The thing about fallout 3 is that you weren't really forced to do the main story at any point, hell you could skip things like go straight to your dad and you wouldn't have to go into DC at all.

It isn't so much of a matter of pointing you towards a direction, its more about forcing you into the direction.

I love new vegas, but the start is the worst of any fallout game.
>>
>>378570120
You can sneak past the deathclaws, and get to NV in the first hour, so just like 3, you don't have to go anywhere the game points you too.
>>
>>378570719

It basically the same route, stealth start only.

If your not a stealth character you do have to go where the game points you. How you interact with the detours is up to you, but you are rail roaded through the same path every time.
>>
>>378571024
You can get through with low stealth, I know because I've done it. All it takes is persistent to get through it. But that requires you to know how stealth works in this game *hint at night, and hugging the far right mountain away from the deathclaws* And that's it.
>>
>>378571024
I don't even need to stealth to get through Quarry junction on very hard, where if you come within a mile of a deathclaw they smell your ass. It's not particularly difficult, the terrain in the area FAVORS players with their wits about them. But you're complaining about brand new players being guided down a path since it's their first time you complete imbecile. Also what's with that map? Alot of area on the east side is covered in purple that have meaningful areas in it, like Caesar's camp, and that NCR stronghold they irradiated.
>>
>>378568854
Love that song too, Love all the songs in the game even the ones from FO3
>>
>there are people here to retarded to run straight to vegas from good springs
It's three attempts at most. All you have to do is run past the cazadors into red rock
>>
File: 1490633887905.png (138KB, 300x411px) Image search: [Google]
1490633887905.png
138KB, 300x411px
Can someone explain to me why NV is considered a good game and 3 and 4 aren't, because from a gameplay perspective it looks the same.
>>
File: 1495272350700.png (273KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1495272350700.png
273KB, 600x450px
>>378562631
>>378563351
I'm not going anywhere
Luckily I have invested in lockpicking so I can get into peoples houses now!

Did you know that you can also do that in Fallout 4â„¢?
>>
>>378572978
Cause it introduced all the little babbies to Marty Robin's Big Iron the best song of all time. I almost shit my pants when I heard it come on cause I thought one of my friends was playing it over Ventrilo because video games never have music that good. Fallout just needs to include some Johnny Horton now.
>>
Cait is the only waifu, piper annoying as shit

"My heart, my treasure, my love. All for you." omg if only I could get my irl gf to be that damn sweet I love her soooo much.

tfw no celtic gf
>>
>>378556312
Todd... I didn't buy Fallout 4 while it was on sale, never buying it anyway.
>it's not THAT bad
Yes it is.
>>
File: my-almond.jpg (100KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
my-almond.jpg
100KB, 600x800px
>>378573297
>fuck he is actually evolving and using new marketing strategies
Wondering what's next.
>>
>>378575386
I bought it with money I made from selling my CSGO skins, just pirate it though.
>>
>>378567352
>i should be able to go wherever i want whenever i want and the world should let me
>fuck cooler areas sealed off by tougher enemies that i can come back to when ive gotten stronger, giving me a sense of progression. I want it all now! NOW NOW NOW!!!
fuck off
>>
>>378575754
you can still do things like that without railroading the game.
>>
>>378560975
You have low standards. Literally all the "cool" things you mentioned are just set-dressing for the otherwise completely mundane, repetitive dungeon crawling that makes up a good 85% of the game.
>>
>>378562669
That reminds me of how fucking awkward dialogue is in every quest mod entirely because of the voiced protagonist
>>
Loading issues and shit not rendering correctly
No RPG elements
Capping stuff like lockpicking behind a shitty talent tree
Pipe guns from a post apoc world fill safes and other containers from before the apocalypse.
Settlement is under attack again, again
Minutemen
And not being able to kick them out of Sanctuary
Early power armor, early Deathclaw fight
World with various empty areas to be filled with DLC
Getting an incomplete game on release
Season pass was barely a year long, content was mediocre.
FO4's launcher graphic options were the worst to come out of any Bethesda game to date
FO4 mods tools took forever to come out
FO4 mod tools ended up sucking
Dialog wheel, and terrible options for conversations
Aside from Yes, Maybe ask again in a different way, Sarcastic yes, and No.
The dialog itself was generally disappointing in that it allowed you almost zero leeway for role playing in a ROLE PLAYING GAME

Thats just off the top of my head.

I used my refund to get the special edition of Skyrim, because role playing and mods.
>>
>>378556312
It sucks because it's painfully mediocre. It's the final conclusion to Bethesda's patented RPG formula.
>>
>>378576319
how is that any different from any other Bethesda game lol. The robots in the constitution were hilarious. I don't know what the fuck you're expecting one of them to take you to the lower deck and suck your dick?
>>
>>378576354
dude the protag is such a spaghetti lord, when he does the relation ship dialogue. "I LOVE YOU CIT DURRR" like jesus dude ease into it.
>>
>>378575754
>>378576114
Whatever. Just use proper lore, design, logic and common sense aka sci-fi, gameplay...
Anyway it won't happen because profit.

>Why would I release a perfect game nobody would buy my other games
That's what you get letting 99% of the money to the 1%
>>
>>378576449
It's not. That's why every Bethesda game after Morrowind was fucking garbage.
>>
>>378556312
Fallout 4 being bad is just another /v/ meme.
I fucking played Fallout 1, 2, 3, NV, even the that one tactical game I forgot the name.
And yet I will still say Fallout 4 IS THE FUCKING BEST.
I will literally fight anyone who personally comes to me and say its bad or the worst game in the series.
Is it the best game ever? No. It the plot perfect? No. Does the lore makes sense? No.
That is also true for every other game in the series so yes Fallout 4 will get a pass too.

Gameplaywise the game is a complete improvement. For the first time the first person AND third person shooting feels great.
Anyway, I would discuss this further personally but to say more on this shithole would be a waste of time.
Post you faggot memes all you want, it wont make them true.
>>
>>378576360
>no rpg elements
What did he mean by this? You can roleplay as just about anything from a double barrel wielding farmer who cross dresses to a lone wandering merc to a savage raider
The only thing bethesda trash has going for it is they are some of the the only true RPGs made these days
>>
File: 1485220809699.jpg (563KB, 1500x1714px) Image search: [Google]
1485220809699.jpg
563KB, 1500x1714px
>>378577260
this tbqh
>>
>>378577219
I completely agree with you and I really enjoy the direction the series is going.
>>
>>378577454
>from a double barrel wielding farmer who cross dresses to a lone wandering merc to a savage raider
You really only rarely see options to role play a character as that second option. Even then it's just "How much you gunna pay me?"
When does fo4 give you dialog options to act like a raider?
>>
File: when the mods deliver.jpg (163KB, 919x767px) Image search: [Google]
when the mods deliver.jpg
163KB, 919x767px
>>378556312
The major nigh unforgivable complaints falls into 3 main categories:
>shit story / lore issues
>the perk system is overbloated and unbalanced
>the load times are absolute dogshit
>>
File: 1496089444463.gif (1MB, 200x145px) Image search: [Google]
1496089444463.gif
1MB, 200x145px
>>378577478
You fell right into my trap, no I... I! Urr
>>
>>378577454
If you don't have dialogue to reflect the character you want to play it's just pointless dressup. All the changes you can make to your character in FO4 are superficial.
>>
File: 1479159004075.jpg (51KB, 600x637px) Image search: [Google]
1479159004075.jpg
51KB, 600x637px
>>378577658
You fucking idiot how about I tell you were the TRAP, your end is mine!
>>
>>378577651
>>378577671
Lol not even the old crpgs meet this criteria
Can you just admit you dont know what a rpg is, probably because changed the term to mean "Literally any game ever"
>>
>>378577990
japs
>>
>>378576643
and every game before morrowind too. seems like they only made one good game
>>
>>378556312
I played the freeweek and almost got cancer with the intro sequence.

I liked F3 and NV for instance. But the 4th is just marketed to pure casuals with cute gfx and Pixar armors. Also dumb dialogues and stereotypes 12000
>>
>>378577990
Old crpgs give you more options to flesh out the idea that you're playing a character you want other than

Yes
Snarky yes
No
Snarky No (Sometimes yes)

Could you please play more RPGs before spouting out nonsense.
The less head canon and make your own fun you have to do in a game like this, the better. While FO4's approach was to give you a character that, while visually you can do a lot with, the game itself doesn't do much to let you translate those wants into the world itself.
>>
File: ScreenShot1.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot1.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
The problem with FO4 is that Gamebryo is at it's fucking limits as an engine, we desperately need an upgrade, so that the world can become better, just think about what vehicles could do for the game, or better memory usage or just a million different things.

The other main issue is that they focused so much on all the new crafting bullshit, from guns to settlements that they forgot to make the rest of the game, and the factions and dialogue are just horrible. At least with an obscene amount of mods you can really really flesh out the world and make a top tier shooter out of the game, with some deeper than shooter average RPG elements.
>>
>>378578076
jrpgs are more railroaded than any western rpg
>>
>>378578957
This, when the brotherhood airplanes are dropping guys off and flying around shooting the framerate takes a dive to the single digits
>>
>>378556879
>improved gamebyro engine
this is a negative in it's own right

it's better, but they have stretched this engine fucking thin and need to abandon ship now.

i have never seen a game go up 10+ FPS just by using higher speed RAM. it's unacceptable.
>>
I don't hate it but at the same time it's just so underwhelming when you know what Bethesda is capable of.
There's some awesome ideas like the power armor system but it's ruined by the shitty RPG ruleset, empty world, and the awful pacing. Getting your first suit of power armor should have been some achievement like previous games and a real oh crap moment with how they improved the concept in 4, instead they just hand you a suit 20 minutes in like a welfare check
>>
>>378581463
They should licence the gta 5 engine from rockstar
>>
>>378582491
But what about mod? Coz gamebryo is pretty shit but you can mod that shit into oblivion.
Thread posts: 163
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.