[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PC is better than consoles. But here are some advantages consoles

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 13

File: a0615978cc8a2bad69fe67894c6edc02.jpg (617KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
a0615978cc8a2bad69fe67894c6edc02.jpg
617KB, 1200x1600px
PC is better than consoles.

But here are some advantages consoles have over pc that you have to accept as facts.

1. Semi Portable: You can take it on trips or to a friends place and just hook it up to a TV and play. And no Laptops are not an argument because a 400$ laptop can barely run any modern games. Meanwhile taking a PC on a trip is not only not easy its also potentially bad for its health. Consoles are somewhat sturdy because most of the stuff on them is integrated and soldered on the motherboard.

2. Companies want you to buy them so they sponsor big budget exclusives that you wont see on PC. Or basically they hold games hostage on the physical drm. But int the end if you are a true gamer and care about good games you will be forced to buy one at some point. But feel free to go full fox and claim how the games are all shit and you don't care about them anyway.

3. Console games can be resold. You can buy a game for 60$ beat it and if you feel like you wont ever play it again you can usually sell it for anywhere between 50-90% of its price depending on how fast you beat it and how long after you decide to sell it. Pc games are tied to your account and even physical copies are just boxes that have files that save download time and an activation key.
>>
>>378548181
>Semi Portable: You can take it on trips or to a friends place and just hook it up to a TV and play
And you cannot do this with PCs, because...?
It's even easier if you make a MicroATX build.

>And no Laptops are not an argument because a 400$ laptop can barely run any modern games.
How to spot an ignorant faggot living by ancient memes. You can find fine i7 + Nvidia GPU laptops for LESS than 400 bucks nowadays, and while they won't 1080p/Ultra/60fps all modern games, they can RUN majority of them.

>Consoles are somewhat sturdy because most of the stuff on them is integrated and soldered on the motherboard.
False, ancient believes once again. Starting with 7th gen, modern consoles are literally locked PC systems in somewhat aestetic, small-form factor casings. And no PC case and component is 1:1 the same.

>Console games can be resold.
So can PC games.
You can also buy them day 1 for LESS than 50% price, compared to console games. They also tend to go on sale faster.

>Pc games are tied to your account and even physical copies are just boxes that have files that save download time and an activation key.
This ain't any different from modern consoles. Already on PS3 we had games that literally had almost jack shit on the disc itself; it was just an authentication method that allows you to download the obligatory "day 1 patch", which in reality was the full game itself.

Starting with the next generation, expect games to become fully digital.
>>
File: 1480308949221.png (443KB, 640x716px) Image search: [Google]
1480308949221.png
443KB, 640x716px
>>378548181
>Selling games
>>
>>378549158
How would one resell a game on PC wo selling his entire account?
>>
File: laughing pete.png (110KB, 291x248px) Image search: [Google]
laughing pete.png
110KB, 291x248px
>>378548181
>But int the end if you are a true gamer
stopped reading there
i could never imagine being someone who considers themselves a "true gamer"
it must be incredibly fucking horrible looking in the mirror and seeing a "true gamer" with your disgusting fat fuck estrogenic body and cheetos dust all over your neckbeard
>>
>>378548181
>2. Companies want you to buy them so they sponsor big budget exclusives that you wont see on PC. Or basically they hold games hostage on the physical drm. But int the end if you are a true gamer and care about good games you will be forced to buy one at some point. But feel free to go full fox and claim how the games are all shit and you don't care about them anyway.

Why would I *ever* support anti-consumer practices? People like that are the reason why the industry is so fucking horrible nowadays with microtransactions and DLC up the ass. If you care about your hobby you should never support practices that the consumer over, like exclusivity or paid online for example.
>>
File: 1468689687177.jpg (58KB, 667x800px) Image search: [Google]
1468689687177.jpg
58KB, 667x800px
>>378549916
I total agree but bloodborne is still so fucking good.
>>
>>378548181
If the griffon thing actually looked like that I wouldn't mind having it sit on me so that I end up getting inserted into its anus haha
>>
File: 1435951787582.png (39KB, 321x322px) Image search: [Google]
1435951787582.png
39KB, 321x322px
>>378548181
>>
File: 1333053322170.png (115KB, 500x332px) Image search: [Google]
1333053322170.png
115KB, 500x332px
>1. Semi Portable:
Mini ITX case, most of which ironically have better airflow than consoles. They also use real CPU's and not mobile CPU's like consoles (mobile CPU's have less transistors because less can fit over a lesser area, and thus less performance).
It is also of note that Console CPU's are underclocked (like the PS4 shit) to avoid those old yellow light or red light of death, and to compensate for their shitty airflow and completely shitty TDP.

>2. Companies want you to buy them so they sponsor
Companies control the payment system which means you don't have an option to directly support developers, while companies can extort undeserved profits on the back of developers.

Also, in terms of games made by dead or replaced developers (old games from older consoles being sold in the cloud gaming scheme), you end up giving money to people who don't deserve it who didn't do jack shit to create the games.

>3. Console games can be resold.
There's special companies who particularly deal in physical copies of PC games because not all of the world is 1st world, and there is a collector's items niche which has demand and thus companies fulfilling the physical aspect of demand.

OP is dumb as fuck once again.
>>
>>378548181
>the dog, cat rat is a big mouse girl
now this is a game i would have played
not that generic ico crap
>>
>>378548181

You forgot to mention they also have no games.
>>
>>378548181
>You can take it on trips or to a friends place and just hook it up to a TV and play.
Factually untrue after PS2.
>>
>>378548181
>But int the end if you are a true gamer
You mean if you're a NEET who will devote his entire life to video games. If you have other hobbies you can easily sacrifice not playing a few good games here and there. If you're an adult you know no game will ever be so fantastic that you would need to buy a console for it.
>>
>>378548181
>>
File: 1493929529774.png (7KB, 278x236px) Image search: [Google]
1493929529774.png
7KB, 278x236px
>>378548181
DAMN
>>
You do realize you can plug mini/micro-ITX PC's into TV's and just use TV's as monitors while being able to plug ANY kind of controller into the mini/micro-ITX, and play ANY game with your friends with or without emulation that allows it with custom key mapping for both of you?
>>
>>378548181
>semi portable
The only portable console today is the Switch.
Laptops are fully portable, and the only PC games that some "gamer laptop" can't play are bloated unoptimized shit.
There are many mini PC cases that rival the small size of modern consoles like the PS4 and still offer the power needed to play everything.

>Corporate bullshit
PC games aren't bound by several layers of middlemen ramping up the price of shit. We get stuff with far grander scales and variety on PC with smaller teams for a fraction of the price compared to some play-it-safe rehash Call of Assassin's Field.

>can be resold
Reselling your games is a stupid thing, you end up without an item of value and have lost some money. Console games and console hardware will degrade and break over time. PC games persist forever because a PC game (and console game) from 1980 can be copied, secured and replayed on a 2017 PC.
>>
>>378550739
haha what dude like what if you went up its anus and it farted hahaha lol that would be so strange but can you imagine haha
>>
>>378548181
Consoles standardize a market where developers can build games for game controllers and analog sticks. Enough said. That makes them worth it right there.

Go look at the genres native or built for PC (isometric brawlers based on Diablo, MMORPGs, dota) and a good part of the reason they are total ass, is because those games have to be standardized for mouse/keyboard, which are good for certain genres (RTS, FPS) but godawful for everything else.
>>
>PC gamer money flow
Distributors (Steam/GoG) tax developers less than Publishers.
Gamers have options to directly buy from developers via specific sites or via specific goods, or by donations, thus cutting out middlemen.

>Console gamer money flow
Console Manufacturer is the distributor and since there is no other choice, it has a monopoly and thus taxes developers heavily.
Console Manufacturer also taxes online play and gets all the money from it, which is why we call you console cucks. You got cucked and pay for Internet two times now.
Publishers have an additional tax on developers, with developers having no alternative.
Gamers have 1 system of payment: More to the 3rd parties and middle-men, less to the developers.

Developers meanwhile are idiots who got scammed by the "anti-piracy" meme of smarter businessmen into losing more money legitimately than they would to piracy on the PC.

Beautiful how it works. Developers are also limited by console controllers. Egosoft or TaleWorlds or many others, would never be able to create the games they do on consoles because their games would have to be stripped down and simplified to fit on a console controller's castrating format.
Which is why all console games are now copy pastes with focus on graphics, while gameplay is stuck for a decade now.
>>
File: 424.png (148KB, 293x380px) Image search: [Google]
424.png
148KB, 293x380px
>>378548181
You forgot no hacking/cheaters on console the only way to cheat on a console is using a mouse and keyboard for fps games instead of a shitty controller
>>
Agree
A PC can be made portable with a ITX case, but its a pain in the ass to build and has shit airflow
Reselling games is also really nice on consoles
Physical PC copies often only have a small part of the game files, but at least they are usually cheaper than the console version

Best option is to get a good PC and then just buy a console later on when you find a good deal to catch up on exclusives
>>
>>378554814
What genres have hacking/cheating than FPS? It's also the most played genre, and mouse/KB is a really nice advantage.
>>
>>378555441
It's considered cheating using a keyboard and mouse on console in fps games because it gives you a unfair advantage compared to controller users

http://www.pcgamer.com/mouse-and-keyboard-players-are-destroying-controller-users-in-overwatch-on-console/
>>
>>378554814
>no hacking/cheaters on consoles
KEK
Best laugh i had all day.

The Sony operating systems are UNIX/BSD shit.
There's plenty of UNIX/Linux fags who invaded the system on PS3 and there was often news of hacks, mods, and cheating, which you can figure out via simple Google search.
PS4 is even more open to the Internet, has even more complex software because it was made more of a facebook machine, and thus has even more breaking points.
As far as game security itself goes, it always gets cracked and the floods of hell opened.
>>
>>378554814
Hackers are entertaining as fuck though. As long as they are the exception and not the rule they only add to the experience.
>>
>>378548181
wtf I love the last guardian now
>>
File: dubs.jpg (11KB, 320x272px) Image search: [Google]
dubs.jpg
11KB, 320x272px
>>378555713
>tfw own OW on pc and console
>use mouse and keyboard on both
>grandmasters on console
>only Gold on PC
>>
>>378555713
That article is ludicrous. PS4 supports mouse and keyboard if the game does, so it's Overwatch's fault that the advantage is unfair.
>>
>>378554814
>get a hacker in Counter Strike online
>he's pulling magic shit short of God Mode
>everyone whether terrorist or counter-terrorist agrees on a game of killing the faggot after a cooldown period is given to him as headstart
>massive chaotic war spree ensues

They can be fun often.
>>
>>378554814
GTAO supposedly had console hacks.
>>
>not having a PC and any console or handheld system that catches your fancy.

Must suck being poor.
>>
>>378548181
>tfw have great gaming PC but never want to use it because of severe back problems and don't want to play at a desk

What do? Lately I've just been buying console stuff because I can't muster up the fortitude to play at my PC.
>>
>>378554814
>only way to cheat on a console
wrong, I can load multiple hacks and cheats on a usb stick right now and inject anything I want to even saved files or unlock rarest achievements
stay new faggot
>>
I don't care.
>>
>>378557361
You mean it must suck having no rich parents.
Those who have jobs tend to not have time for consoles and opt for devices that:
a. They deal with the most in every-day life (PC)
b. Gives them the most with 1 device so they don't waste time (PC)
c. Are repairable and have replaceable or upgradeable components (PC)
d. Don't force you to pay an additional Internet bill like for instance paying-for-online schemes (again, PC wins)
e. Give you automatic backwards compatibility without having to waste time on multiple devices (PC, emulation)

Gotta be underage or a college-kiddie to be able to afford the waste of time and bills that consoles are.
>>
What's the point of giantess? What are you even going to do with her, crawl into her vagina?
>>
>>378557772
Vorefags are a thing anon.
>>
>>378548181
>le PC vs console XD
>>
File: 1381974695955.jpg (318KB, 1200x1699px) Image search: [Google]
1381974695955.jpg
318KB, 1200x1699px
>nobody posted the rest
>>
File: 1381974422407.jpg (436KB, 1200x1714px) Image search: [Google]
1381974422407.jpg
436KB, 1200x1714px
lets do this instead, pick off which ones you want to see off these two images
>>
>>378557756
>have a stable career, wife, and kids.
>have gaming rig, 3 monitors, IR head tracking and HOTAS set up
>have PS4, switch and 3ds

Really must suck to be so poor.
>>
>>378556585
>That article is ludicrous. PS4 supports mouse and keyboard if the game does, so it's Overwatch's fault that the advantage is unfair.
The only reason why OW's PS4 version doesn't support M&KB is because the Xfail can't support KB&M too.
This is because Microsoft actually bans KB&M from Xbox games for game control (only chat is allowed).
So blame Microsoft shitting up video gaming since 2001.
>>
File: 1381976292607.jpg (433KB, 1200x1699px) Image search: [Google]
1381976292607.jpg
433KB, 1200x1699px
>>378557987
>>
>>378548181
>like you wont ever play it again you can usually sell it for anywhere between 50-90%
There is no company that will buy your game for 54 dollars if you bought it at 60
>>
>>378558000
Really must suck to lie on the Internet.
>>
>>378558240
How bad is your life that you really believe what I said is impossible?
>>
The semi portable argument is null because the only games you can even play with friends in the same room is shit like Castle Crashers or old games.

Sony and Microsoft want their piece of shit console to be a media center that's connected to a 60" TV in front of a couch that's occupied by a single person. Which doesn't make any sense.
>>
>>378558365
How often do you lie that you think anyone would believe such a childish outlook of success without business getting in the way of entertainment, let alone family taking away time on top of managing income?
Are you 16? 17?
You've got a lot to think about ahead of you.
Even Mark Fuckerberg with all his money hardly leaves any time for entertainment, especially after he had 2 kids.
>>
>>378548181
I would have enjoyed TLG a HELL of a lot more if Trico looked like that.
>>
>>378558710
>stable career = slaving away every waking moment
What?
>>
>>378557905
I want to crawl up her vagina and die
>>
>>378559045
Yeah. That's the definition of "stable" in careers.
You have to slave away and be intelligent for them to be long-lasting, you stupid fuck.
Whether you slave away for yourself, or you slave away for others, you will be doing slaving all-the-same just like Steve Jobs did, Bill Gates did, Mark did, even fucking Notch slaved away on Minecraft till pure heavenly luck struck him (which you apparently don't have since you are seeking stability rather than early pension). Unfortunately for your uneducated mind, the economic system taxes the rich in a way that they need to keep working because monetary flow and investment helps society and the economy as a whole while hoarding is bad for both, which is why Notch is also starting up his own new business schemes these days to slave away with.

As i said, you have a lot to learn you lying underageb&.
>>
>>378558710
Nah mate, 28. Don't have to pour much attention or energy into my work because I enjoy it, so it's easy. Wife is into a lot of the shit I'm into, so we spend a good chunk of alone time watching anime or playing casual games together.
Oldest kid is getting into gymnastics but that's only one day a week. The other days she'll play board games or Mario with me after her school stuff is done.
The youngest is just learning to speak and is usually in bed pretty early.

Managing money ain't even a thing if you're not poor.

Managing time ain't even a thing if everyone likes the same shit.
>>
>>378559470
Why are you bringing up billionnaires? What are those fringe cases supposed to prove in an argument about an everyman's stable carreer? I mean, besides your blatant double digit IQ.
>>
>>378559709
Billionaires and Millionaires still work their assess off despite having the opportunity to just not do anything, let alone lesser classes. Maybe you should think on the why, but i'm afraid your obsession over IQ already shows you will have problems thinking about it.
>>
>>378559934
A stunning display of ignorance combined with pathetic attempts at fabricating a high ground.
>>
Semi-portable is a null argument outside of the switch. What kinda cancerous /v/irgin takes their console with them?!
Exclusives exist because it's good business. PC also has it's own exclusives as well as exclusive access to content through mods. I own PC, Switch and PS4 because I love gaming. But the exclusives argument is rather weak.
Console games can be resold for about 10% of their value unless you flip your AAA multiplat within the first month of release and get 50% trade-in value.
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.