[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so tell me about this game what's the combat like how is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

File: dragon_age_inquisition-wide2.jpg (1MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
dragon_age_inquisition-wide2.jpg
1MB, 1920x1200px
so tell me about this game

what's the combat like
how is the open world
what's the best way to play it
how is it comparable to similar games like witcher, skyrim etc.

it's only 7 bucks on psn and im thinking about getting it.
>>
Not worth it if you can't mod it.
>>
>>378523351
Would you really feel bad losing 7 fucking dollars on a game you didn't like?
>>
>>378523351
>what's the combat like

Shallow boring shit

>how is the open world

Forgettable and unatmospheric

>what's the best way to play it

Not at all.

>how is it comparable to similar games like witcher, skyrim etc.

Worse in every imaginable way.

Have a nice day.
>>
Once you get past the initial starting areas, the game isn't bad. About 10 or so hours in, the game really opens up.

Do not try to finish all the quests in the second major zone. You will begin to hate the game.
>>
>>378523351
I bought it, got bored of it instantly

>>378523381
What mods are there? How can they make it more interesting?Are they lewd?
>>
>>378523351
it's a singleplayer hotkey mmo with story
>>
>>378523351
6/10
i'd say it's worth 7 bucks
>>
>>378523351
>how is it comparable to similar games like witcher, skyrim

inquisition combat system way better than those 2 game combined i'll tell u that
>>
>>378524150

Well what's it like, all i know is that it's not turn based.
>>
>>378523351
>how is the open world
You ever play world of warcraft and sneak into one of the unfinished zones they just leave in the game behind invisible walls?

Pretty good example of every zone after the initial one you leave around lvl10-12
>>
Trepasser is pretty nice I thought. The entire rest of the game should have been like that.
>>
>>378523497
increased inventory so you don't have to do the micro manage bs, no wait times for expeditions, increased movement speed. game's pretty good with mods
>>
>>378523351
The combat is traditional hotkey mmo combat. You can switch to an isometric and pause time but I didn't think they implemented it well
The world is built like an mmo with a lot of small zones that are not conected.
It's not as good as the witcher 3 but it has more items and offensive spells than vanilla skyrim if you like varied gameplay.
I think it's worth the low price.
>>
Op here, I've never played wow or any mmo for that matter. is this similar? because if that's the case i'm not getting it
>>
>>378525101
It feels like a singleplayer mmo. Similar combat and similar map structure. It also includes expeditions that are similar to the stupid garrison mechanic in wow.
>>
File: 1494750431850.jpg (244KB, 1000x934px) Image search: [Google]
1494750431850.jpg
244KB, 1000x934px
>>378523351
>combat gets better only around the end of the game, and only if you play certain specs
>open world is awful, beautiful scenery but not worth doing sidequests
>best way to play: do main story and companion quests only, romance solas as a fem elf

Not worth playing if you do not buy the GOTY edition with Descent and Trespasser.
>>
>>378525368
>best way to play: do main story and companion quests only
except you are forced to do sidequests for influence
>>
>>378523351
>what's the combat like
dogshit, it's Bioware so what do you expect honestly?
>how is the open world
Lots of boring empty levels with maybe 2 or 3 interesting locations
>>
>>378525540
Yes, but not too many. This results in you only doing the side quests that are interesting and seeing the nice parts of the zones not the "rescue my cow from across the river and bring me 10 bear hides" bullshit. I've tried completionist and I had like 3-400 spare power when I finished.
>>
>>>>>>Open world
I hated that part. I liked the long ass dungeons in DA:O and DA:A.

The characters were lame and half the missions were collect 8 wolf asses.
>>
>>378525668
the last story quest i did was meeting some cunt in some temple in the middle of a desert
next quest required me to farm 30 influence
i just closed the game and haven't touched it since
>>
>>378525814
That's why the instant expedition mod is essential. Makes grinding for influence faster (but still tedious)
>>
File: tumblr_oog23fKhCm1w6uiy0o2_1280.jpg (69KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oog23fKhCm1w6uiy0o2_1280.jpg
69KB, 1080x1080px
>>378525814
>some cunt in some temple in the middle of a desert
>he didn't have loghain OR alistair as his warden instead of stroud

stopped reading there
>>
>>378526319
i did have loghain
>>
One of the few times i should have listened to /v/
>>
>>378524150
Nice bait
>>
>>378523351
It garbage that was only sort of redeemed by the fact that the previous game was one of the worst games of all time
>>
>>378523351
>so tell me about this game
It's not very good
>what's the combat like
Hold right trigger, sometimes cast spells
>how is the open world
Awful. There was no thought out in to how to traverse landscapes. You always end up spamming the wonky as fuck jump button against a wall as a shortcut because the trail to your objective ended abruptly.
>what's the best way to play it
Play something else
>how is it comparable to similar games like witcher, skyrim etc.
It's comparable to Kingdoms of Amalur. KoA is mostly better but suffers from being a single player MMO
>>
File: IMG_1904.jpg (34KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1904.jpg
34KB, 640x480px
>>378524807
I just bought this on PS4 because I didn't know it could be modded, or had a modding community. Kill me.
>>
>>378523445
Bullshit

Hinterlands was the only decent area. Everything else was a disorganized, tedious mess to traverse or was just fucking boring.
>>
File: gun_barrel.jpg (88KB, 596x283px) Image search: [Google]
gun_barrel.jpg
88KB, 596x283px
>>378527483
***boom***
>>
>>378525101
Yeah, it feels very much like a clunkier moving mmo. It genuinely doesn't even controller better than wow would, its floaty as fuck. It's like they took the mass effect combat and made it awful melee combat instead. I'd recommend a controller
>>
>>378527676
I was surprised on how well it worked with a controller. The system they used to handle the hotkeys was simple and it felt natural (still not as good as actual hotkey controls).
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.