[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>start developing open world rpg >make 10/10 first act

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: Gothiccover.png (127KB, 315x400px) Image search: [Google]
Gothiccover.png
127KB, 315x400px
>start developing open world rpg
>make 10/10 first act
>used too much time for it and forced to blatantly rush the rest of the game

it's ok, after all it was their first game of that size

>5 other games between direct sequels and a separate series that is pretty much the same thing
>the same happens

i'm not a dev but usually how many times it takes to realize when something is too much for you to handle and maybe reduce the scope a bit?
>>
>>378521815
You don't know about JoWood, anon?
That publisher wad pure hell who went crazy with the deadlines.
It's also all on them that G3 is as shitty as it is, because they wanted the Gothic series to compete with bethesda games.
>>
>>378521815

>start developing open world rpg
>make 10/10 first act
>used too much time for it and forced to blatantly rush the rest of the game

we're talking about DS1 right ?,
>>
>>378523139
>Souls
>RPG
>>
>>378523348

t b h, this game is more RPG than any modern Bethesda and Bioware game combined
>>
>>378521815
JeWood is the cancer that is responsible for rushing all Gothic games, I hope you realize that.
Heck, Gothic 3 came out 1.5 years ahead of planned deadline since JeWood was on the verge of going bankrupt and they decided to quickly release G3 as a last resort.
It didn't save them :^)
>>
>>378524089
>>378522572
i'm not saying the devs were to blame, but after the publisher pulled that shit over and over again why not settle for something smaller?

also risen games (which are just gothics with a different name) all follow that pattern as well
>>
>>378522572
>It's also all on JoWood that G3 is as shitty as it is
Whose fault is it that all the later games are fucking garbage as well then?
Face it, Krautfag, G2 being actually good was just a happy accident.
>>
>>378524259
Because the devs themselves are also too ambitious given their time and budget.
>>
>>378524293
>Whose fault is it that all the later games are fucking garbage as well then?
g4 is another studio
risen 1 is good
risen 2 is shit
risen 3 is fine
>>
Gothic 2 is 10/10 all the way until the departure, and it's like the last hour of the game
>>
>>378521815
All of PB's games are mediocre at best, I'm glad you realised it.
>>
>>378524293
Considering R1 was good as well I wouldn't really say that.
They seem to not understand what makes their games good, though, as shown with R2/3 and ELEX seems to be in the same track, unfortunately.
>>
>>378524954
How does it feel to have a BBC in your mouth you faggot?
>>
>>378524293
>Whose fault is it that all the later games are fucking garbage as well then?
consoles
>>
>>378525173
It's both hilarious and cute when somebody insults the precious Gothic games, there's always some hardcore fanboy spouting buzzwords in denial of the fact that the games are objectively mediocre at best.
>>
>>378525305
I'll fuck you up so hard you won't be able to stand up for a month you little faggot bitchass cuck.
>>
>>378525305
>Objectively mediocre
I'm not even their biggest fan but how could somebody say that? By what measurement? The combat is better than any TES game, the world is as well designed or better than any other open world due to the static nature of it, the quests are almost all open ended and require you to feel immersed to complete, and they have vast replayability and good art. By what measurement are they mediocre? Seems to me that by every quality open world games have Gothic seems to be objectively near the top. That's like saying that the Thief games are objectively mediocre or that Doom is objectively mediocre.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.