[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

are those Van Hellsing games any good? Kind in the mood for some

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: Adventures-of-Van-Helsing-Main.jpg (64KB, 810x449px) Image search: [Google]
Adventures-of-Van-Helsing-Main.jpg
64KB, 810x449px
are those Van Hellsing games any good? Kind in the mood for some gothic horror monster hunting
>>
>>378508113
Also interested in this. Is it closer to D2 and PoE or something akin to Sacred in its structure?
>>
I remember liking it. Haven't played it since it came out though.
>>
I didn't even know there was a Final Cut till now
>>
sad bump
>>
Its a lot like Diablo in a lot of ways. Not as complex but still. I guess there were some issues with build balance overall and the game has some pretty bad graphical issues and potentially game-breaking bugs on the Xbox One. I got it for free way back when and found it pretty entertaining for what it is. I imagine its much better on PC. It does have co-op, I believe.
>>
>>378510659
How is
-build diversity
-itemization
-monster variety
..?
>>
>>378508113
Fun even solo but its rough around the edges. A good amount of playstyle diversity and for a cost you can change up how you build your character. Maps never change so at least there's some thought in level design as well as pacing and boss fights that actually require kiting and smart use of abilities. Characters are fun and the bantz between you and your ghost are nice. Its completely tongue n cheek and never tries to be a complete comedy

The downside is that it has huge spikes in mob levels. Certain builds or just going straight offense will get you killed because enemies will start hurling ranged instant elemental attacks at you en masse. On first runs, difficulty above normal will get you killed because you started exploring the map and some sudden appearance of a new mob at the edge of the screen will rush in and drop you in 3 seconds. There's a fanmade patch that's out to fix the weird ass enemy level spiking, but the other hand, its not the kind of difficulty scaling the devs had in mind
>>
>>378510754
>There's a fanmade patch that's out to fix the weird ass enemy level spiking

Well thats good to hear, game sounds alright then. Will give it a go.
>>
>>378510741
I velieve build diversity is decent. If you have the DLCs or Van Helsing 2/3 it gets much more complex. There are three basic build types with melee, ranged and magic. You can make them more specific by running a shotgun, rifle, or pis5ol build for example. Not too familiar with the melee and magic builds. Itemization's alright but there are definitely best in slot weapons and armour due to the game being mostly singleplayer focused. The emeny variety is pretty decent, with somewhere around ten or fifteen types per area if memory serves. It really gets stale near the end due to the massive number of shit in your mouth mobs. Ranged gets dumped on hard if I remember correctly. The game is aesthetically pretty nice and it does have a good amount of play time for a game so cheap.
>>
>>378508113
>>378509313

Its alright. Fun solo if you are just looking for a game to play through once. The classes themselves have a large amount of in-class diversity, and you can easily switch things up so that is good.
>>
>>378511280
Thanks, I'll check it out then. There is still some time left before 67 new acts of PoE are released.
>>
File: 059686.jpg (238KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
059686.jpg
238KB, 1920x1080px
Is pic related any good?
>>
for some reason this shit overheated my computer like a mother fucker
i don't have a great computer, but it can run games like this, every time with this game though
>>
>>378511647

for as famous as Dracula is Im surprised Van Helsing himself isn't a more prominent pop culture icon
>>
>>378512894
I only watch Dracula flicks for van helsing

Peter Cushing > Laurence Olivier > Edward Sloan >>>>>>>>>shit>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Anthony Hopkins>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Huge Actman
>>
>>378514079

Mel Brooks>Peter Cushing > Laurence Olivier > Edward Sloan >>>>>>>>>shit>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Anthony Hopkins>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Huge Actman

just putting a little addition on there
>>
>>378514079
>>378514186
Hue Jackedman's Hellsing was actually an enjoyable movie. Not a masterpeace or anything, but my father wanted to rewatch it recently and it was still fun. The campy Igor graveyard scene, the mirror thing, the friar - fun movie.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.