[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think of The Forest? Been playing it solo for a while

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: the-forest-free-game-download.jpg (158KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
the-forest-free-game-download.jpg
158KB, 1024x576px
What do you think of The Forest? Been playing it solo for a while and I think it's pretty fun, got a lot of atmosphere and the enemy AI is surprisingly complex for one of these games
>>
>>378506167
it looks pretty meh..
>>
>>378506167
>Been playing it solo for a while

How is building stuff? Seems more team oriented in terms of farming for stone and wood.

Or just take forever
>>
>>378506167
I bought it when it first came out and I fucking hated it. I finally loaded it up yesterday and they've put a lot of work into it since then. Apparently it even has a story now? I couldn't figure out how to trigger it and I didn't wanna ruin it by looking it up.

Where did you make your first base? I just set up a little camp near that little waterfall west of the plane that's on a hill (is the map procedurally generated? You may have no idea what I'm talking about if so) cutting logs to make a wall takes a while but and I got attacked and was really surprised how the ai felt to fight, it was really tense and they ended up fleeing after I killed one of their scouts. I didn't know what to do with the body part so i just cooked them and ate them. No room for angels in my base anon
>>
>>378506929
It takes some time. Just explore caves and you slowly start finding pieces until it all adds up.
>>
>>378506929
>>378506167

Did a lot of coop with this and had a blast. How the AI interacts with your actions is actually pretty neat. I started building a base next to the giant hole near a pond and out of the way enough where I never had any run ins with the locals. But once I cut down enough tree cover they found me and after a week or so I was constantly under attack and had to move and learned to be a bit more discrete. My only issues with this game is that finding the cave entrances are a pain in the ass, with they had some sort of audio cue when you get near, like wind howling or something. The mutants a pretty tanky and is tedious to fight off anything other than the skinnies. Other than that the hunger system is retarded and you will perpetually get fatter and fatter unless you are constantly starving yourself and living off of nothing but blue berries. The story is actually pretty creative once you catch on to whats happening as well. Compared to most early access survival games I give this a 7/10 in its current state and am looking forward to future content.
>>
>>378506167
I would enjoy it more if it was just some guy lost innawoods and has to think of an escape but instead they had to shoehorn in enemies who are fucking ghost cannibals that spawns randomly and then look at you ruining my CastAway(Starring Tom Hanks) immersion.

And then it gets REAL retarded with the science bullshit FUCK THIS GAME
>>
File: gylenhaal.jpg (56KB, 234x272px) Image search: [Google]
gylenhaal.jpg
56KB, 234x272px
>>378506167
>yfw you learnt you could stand your ground against the cannibals running at you and they would pussy out
>>
can't get my cocksucking friends to buy it. Once you've been trhough the caves once they lose their charm which is a huge shame, but the basic mechanics are fun as shit, and RP'ing as a deranged survivor who has started hunting the cannibals is obscenely fun.
>>
File: cheeki.jpg (136KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
cheeki.jpg
136KB, 1920x1080px
>>378509790
>yfw one of them break down and start sobbing after you slaughter the rest of the pack
>>
>>378509893
KEK, i started doing this too. I'm still relatively new (5 hours) but I figured they're like animals and the only way theyre gonna learn to leave me alone is if i start taking the fight to them.
>>
>>378510573
Better get a hold of a good weapon because you're only pissing them off.
>>
>>378506167
First experience is great, once you learn about the game it loses it's charm, and the story is fucking retarded. The ending is terrible.
>>
>>378510573
protip from a seasoned cannibal murderer. Make a fuck ton of effigies. It keeps the cocksuckers away, and whenever you want to fuck with the retards you just build a giant bonfire and light that shit and a few effigies. If you burn the corpses of the chopped up effigy parts you really really agitate the shitsippers. You'll get a few good nights of screaming and warning sticks.

The ai in this game really is remarkable, whenever you start murdering the bonecrunching dicksnaps they'll start building warning signs with like a 1 mile radius around your base, it's pretty damn cool. Only problem is you're never ever alone after that, they'll keep scouts on you constantly.
This thread is making me want to reinstall, never actually beat the game
>>
played some coop, was fun but not much longevity for me

boy, the hordes of cannibas we fucked up. also explore all caves when you're ready, worth it
>>
>>378506167
Some friends and I played coop pretty recently and were surprised to see how good the game has gotten over time.
When we found out you couldn't kill all the cannibals b/c they set up a spawnrate for them, we instead endeavored to cut down every tree in the game.
We got about 15 forts built out of it before we started playing PUBG instead and our interest dropped off. Maybe we'll jump back in again and try it though. It was pretty fun, and we made good progress.
>>
File: conan-exiles-circle2.jpg (75KB, 900x500px) Image search: [Google]
conan-exiles-circle2.jpg
75KB, 900x500px
>>378506167
Honestly the only reason to play the forest is to build stuff, Conan Exiles has a far better building system.

My only gripe with that game is the boring ass desert region but they are making forest areas in a few months.
>>
>>378506167
Pirated one of the early access versions and it was promising but barebones as fuck. Has it finally left EA?

>>378514349
Is it fun in single player? Might pirate it to try out
>>
>>378514625
If you like building shit and nudity yeah, I enjoyed it anyway.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.