[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I started playing WoW again, I main Holy Priest And I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 166
Thread images: 29

File: FHSCSCG9CXOC1462229977849.png (58KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
FHSCSCG9CXOC1462229977849.png
58KB, 200x200px
So I started playing WoW again, I main Holy Priest And I'm playing arena.

I was 2k in 2's back in MoP and that was semi-serious, could have pushed higher.

I just wanted to say how fucking sad the game is now. My only CC is 3 sec long on a 1 minute cd. b.but MC! MC is garbage against double DPS.

I honestly Don't understand how I'm supposed to make a difference now?

>They took my stance dancing
>They took inner fire >Will
>They took lightwell
>They took muh flexible glyphs
>They took muh spectral guise
>They took muh fear
>Circle and Divine star are basically unusable now because You need the other talents
>They took fucking power word fortitude out so I can't juke Dispels
>They took void tendrils
>They took life swap

I had like 40 Macros Now I just have 7 buttons

There is literally not a single way I could do anything in 2's that would require any skill whatsoever. Also the new arenas are Pure shit Design wise.
>>
File: 1494113005549.jpg (250KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1494113005549.jpg
250KB, 700x700px
>he's playing on retail servers in 2017
>>
>>378505430
Welcome to the current state of Blizzard. Hopefully you like the diablo 3's endgame too
>>
>>378505829
this lmao
>>
>>378505430
>They took my stance dancing
Priest "stance" dancing, what the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>MoP player complaining about his class being butchered

Now you know how it feels
>>
>>378507040
Holy words . You needed to be in a certain form at certain times for some skills. Now that doesn't exist
>>
>>378505430
>back in MoP
>how fucking sad the game is now
AHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>378505829
>he's playing wow at all in 2017
>he hasn't realized that it was always a bad game because MMOs are inherently a bad genre
>>
File: 1468081419339.jpg (14KB, 238x192px) Image search: [Google]
1468081419339.jpg
14KB, 238x192px
>>378507434
>he thinks MMOs are a genre
>>
>>378507434
I know MMO's are shit. A good MMO has still yet to exist. They don't have to be though and at least WoW used to be mediocre not actual horse shit.
>>
I don't even want to know how much they butchered monks. I loved Brewmaster in MoP.
>>
>>378505430
just play disc you low skill cretin
>>
File: 1414086610010.gif (2MB, 528x292px) Image search: [Google]
1414086610010.gif
2MB, 528x292px
>>378505430
Couldn't agree more. And lack of gear making a difference is lame and boring.

They fucked pvp SO hard.
>>
>>378508352
artifact power and traits are the new gear difference
>>
File: 1368767156037.jpg (27KB, 412x352px) Image search: [Google]
1368767156037.jpg
27KB, 412x352px
>PvP kiddies
>>
File: anarchy_online2.jpg (117KB, 897x709px) Image search: [Google]
anarchy_online2.jpg
117KB, 897x709px
>>378507652
anarchy online is literally the only good MMO, and the devs haven't cared about it in over a decade

fuck you funcom. there is more to games then floppy dong physics.
>>
>>378508489
>pve people think what they do takes any modicum of skill
>literally anyone can do any pve content by just drilling the fight into their brain and memorizing whack mechanics
>>
what a waste of time. Play something that feels rewarding no matter the version of the game
>>
>>378508440
While that may be true its still not anywhere near as satisfying as getting armor. Getting RNG drops for "pvp gear" is a joke because the stats dont matter for shit, and who the fuck wants RNG drops for gear when playing pvp.

I want to get marks and spend them god dammit. Fuck you blizzard.
>>
>>378508795
i totally agree with you, i was just pointing that out
>>
File: 1468946507826.jpg (149KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
1468946507826.jpg
149KB, 900x600px
>>378508832
You're good, anon
>>
Holy shit the game already took a huge fucking plunge after cata why do mop faggots think that shit expansion is even relevant. Everything after wrath is trash and isn't worthy of any discussion because everyone already knows how the game fucked up except for mop children, who somehow think that expansion is anywhere decent
>>
>>378509159
>all the content made after i turned 16 sucks!!
>I'm OG, I swear
>>
>>378509159
>wrath is trash
agreed
>>
>>378509159
mop was the last time anyone working on the game actually cared about it
rip xelnath who got fired for making the dev mage cabal publicly known
>>
Why the fuck would you Holy in PvP? Nigga just go Disc.

>muh stance dancing
Removed but the Holy Words themselves further focused on. Makes sense to me since the holy words were what it was all about to begin with and now it's really just about them.

>Inner fire/will
Was taken away a couple expansions ago, replaced with a couple talents that are a lot more balanced and fitting for a caster class.

>lightwell
Was never balanced right in any form of its existence. Especially when that one glyph was added.

>Glyphs
Traits>>>glyphs any day since they make a bigger difference on gameplay.

>spectral guise
Useless skill because of the amount of time it takes in PvP to dispell dots then put this on

>muh fear
Psychic Scream is still there, just not for Holy Priests only Disc/Shadow

>Circle and Divine star are basically unusable
Except they are totally usable. Hell, this is the first iteration of WoW where Divine Star at least is useful while circle has always been so (particularly with the amount of aoe healing required for stuff like Gul'dan)

>PW:F
Disc only spell now.

>void tendril
Now a trinket

>life swap
Shadow only

>I had like 40 Macros Now I just have 7 buttons
And then you complain about sucking ass? What a surprise. Mr. 2k my ass. Like shit we get it you hate the game, but at least don't talk out of your ass that you were good at PvP at one point. If you were halfway competent at your class in WoW by now, you would've figured out everything I said.

You anti-blizz drones have a lot of people that agree with you, but any close look at your posts at all shows how much of an embarrassment you guys are.
>>
>>378509159
Because the actual quality of the content itself is much better. Cata and onward is when raids started having actually interesting mechanics rather than just being mostly tank n spam along with a tiny gimmick (this equated to player skill being as important as gear for once.) Rotations stopped being simplistic as well. Quests and some of the other content also started having more variety. The graphics got better. Additional things like reforging, artifact traits, etc. allowed statistical customization in ways the old talent trees couldn't hope to reach. Transmog makes it so the player can wear whatever they want while still having the best stats they can get at that time. PvP, while still not great, is nowhere near the imbalanced mess of vanilla-tbc-wrath.

There's no reason outside nostalgia to think that pre-Cata WoW was in any way better than Cata and onward when the latter have objectively better game mechanics in every way.
>>
>>378510737
>>spectral guise
>useless

That's how I can tell you're shit. Was one of the best skills for priest.
>>
So I guess I'm the only person who plays these games for the questing and progression?
>>
>>378505430
Healers are strong as fuck in arena, how can you be having issues?
>>
>>378511681
His issue is that it's too easy to play as a healer. To paraphrase op: "game is dumbed down"
>>
>>378511125
what rotations these days are retardedly more easy then they were in wrath ontop of having to actually know how to gear your character and stat soft/hard caps
While I fully agree reforging was one of the good things to come from cata they removed it
artifact traits are effectively the old talents implanted into a weapon just with slightly varied pathing
While I do think transmog is a nice feature it allows them to go full lazy mode on newer gear models
Every xpac since panda land there are maybe 2-3 sets per xpac that are "ok"
PvP was much better mid-semi late wrath before plate classes became sharks in small ponds with shadowmournes and warriors getting armor pen capped
One thing legion has done is finally fix the huge mistake that EMFH, that was wotlk's biggest sin in my opinion far outweighing rdf or toc(both of which werent big deals to me because most pve content was more about stringing along retards than skill which still holds true to this day)
>>
>>378511125
Everything after 3.3 is when the game turned into a non authentic mmo, the game is exactly the fucking same as Destiny now, a console mmo. No it's not to do with raids or content you fucking imbecile it's because the whole design philosophy of the game took a complete nosedive in favor for people that don't want to actually PLAY the game. Funny how you just proved my point how mop babbies don't understand what killed the game. MoP was identical to Cata so it's absurd when people shit on cata but praise mop--they're the same shit with different flavor.
>>
>>378511512
Nah, useless is wasting time using it when you can be doing something to the enemy. Like I said, it requires you to remove dots off yourself first, then use it, but that's wasting your character's equivalent of turns for survival that doesn't increase your net survivability.

Not to mention that it competed with goddamn Desperate Prayer. NOBODY in MoP was using anything other than Desperate Prayer. Maybe a couple of guys that had Bulwark, but it was mostly DP and nobody gave a damn about Spectral Guise.

Of course I wouldn't expect a lying piece of shit like you to know.
>>
>>378511857
>what rotations these days are retardedly more easy then they were in wrath ontop of having to actually know how to gear your character and stat soft/hard caps
Nigga what? Wrath Fury Warrior spammed two moves mostly, Legion Fury Warrior has to move between like seven of them (this is barring starting moves, CDs, execute phases, etc.) Frost is four button crap in Wrath, it's got like eight in Legion. Every Rogue spec has more shit to keep track of as well. Hell every class spec except Affliction has a lot more either in priorities or things that can proc to keep track of. How to gear characters was never tough, it's still stat priorities. It mattered the least in Wrath, too with everyone just facerolling most of the content.

>artifact traits are effectively the old talents implanted into a weapon just with slightly varied pathing
Old talent system didn't add new moves to your existing moves, they were just statistical boosts.

>While I do think transmog is a nice feature it allows them to go full lazy mode on newer gear models
Not really. It's not like they don't put detail onto the newer models.

>PvP was much better mid-semi late wrath before plate classes became sharks in small ponds with shadowmournes and warriors getting armor pen capped
Early Wrath was imbalanced DKs, then the wizard cleave/beast cleave garbage, then platers with Shadowmourne. Fucking shit all the time.

>>378512068
>it has nothing to do with the game's gameplay itself it only has to do with my autistic bitching because I can't specify actual points to make a cohesive argument and instead just ad hominem other posters
>>
>>378508352
I disagree, I like that pvp gear doesn't have a big impact as it places more importance on the players skill. I would also like to see something done to artifacts and honour talents to help in this regard as well. Original guild wars did PvP incredibly well, could create max lvl character solely to pvp, pick what gear you wanted and go straight in to PvP. Only difference with guild wars is you could unlock some abilities to use in PvP by playing PvE
>>
File: 1477710233178.jpg (97KB, 520x600px) Image search: [Google]
1477710233178.jpg
97KB, 520x600px
>>378511125
>Cata and onward is when raids started having actually interesting mechanics rather than just being mostly tank n spam along with a tiny gimmick

If you had said BWL and onward I could give this to you. Overall raid mechanics have certainly grown more complex (only natural as people get better at the game) but to imply that fights like C'thun, Vael, Chromaggus, or Nefarian are tank and spanks is laughable. And that's just Vanilla, minus Naxx.

>Rotations stopped being simplistic as well.

Laughably false, Cata enforced widespread homogenization throughout every class such as making dispel the same for every healer and effectively removing all utility like decurse for a mage from the game. Not only that but the pruning generally led to far simpler priorities. As a mage the only time period where I could grant that rotations grew more complex would be MoP and almost solely because of alter time. Unfortunately that was a fantastic ability but it had to be removed for the sake of mouthbreathers.

>Additional things like reforging
Removed, alongside multitudes of other ways to customize/improve your character such as prof bonuses.

>artifact traits
>put points into it until you get .5% damage increase increments
>customization

>PvP, while still not great, is nowhere near the imbalanced mess of vanilla-tbc-wrath.

PvP was completely killed due to Cata. Arena participation tanked and hasn't recovered ever since then. There isn't any PvP happening outside of Blizzcon unlike in Wrath/BC which had some actual 3rd party tournaments like Dreamhack or MLG. Homogenization and pruning completely destroyed PvP.

You win the shitpost of the month award for offending me with this virulent garbage.
>>
>>378512962
while fury warriors mostly were just bloodthirst and whirlwind they had to stancedance to keep up rend if they werent shitters ontop of bouncing in those heroic strikes and t10 had them proccing insta slams all the time
frost has always been retard spec
I never played combat but assassination had to mostly keep hunger for blood and SnD up and doing 5 point envenoms inebetween
and what the fuck are you talking about the old talents did infucking fact add new moves that is a blatant lie
the new models are technically superior with higher poly count yes but they look like shit more often than not or are just rehashes of older sets
it wasnt that bad after the initial dk nerfs until shadowmourne came intoplay imo
>>
File: WoWScrnShot_053017_181656.jpg (631KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
WoWScrnShot_053017_181656.jpg
631KB, 1920x1080px
>>378505430
Don't do this to yourself OP, You're paying to play shit.

Seriously go onto a private server you'll appreciate it. I'm on a TBC server and lovin life even soloing. Pic related
>>
>>378514137
all private servers have 350/400ping for me
>>
>>378514204
Dude i'm in the great southern ping black hole. 313ms and it's still very playable. No deaths due to bad ping
>>
>>378513462
> but to imply that fights like C'thun, Vael, Chromaggus, or Nefarian are tank and spanks is laughable
Literally tank n spank with a gimmick or two. All of them. C'thun is tank n spam with a stomach thing. Vael is tank n spam with a bomb aoe thing. Nefarian is tank n spam with a mid phase gimmick. Chromaggus is only not considered tank n spam if for some reason your tank still doesn't know how to make a boss move its back towards the rest of the players.

>Laughably false
Bullshit. Cata added individual class mechanics like Holy Power to further differentiate each class. There are only three classes that can dispel curses but you're acting like they all can. Simpler priorities? HOW? No rotation went above five buttons in Wrath. Yet Cata had stuff like Destro and Feral which were 8-9 button movesets (without CDs). MoP made both simpler. And you're a mage, too I can't believe of all classes you have the gall to say it got simpler after the basic bitch level of a rotation that class endured for vanilla-tbc-wrath.

>Removed, alongside multitudes of other ways to customize/improve your character such as prof bonuses.
With other things to replace them. Point being, new ways of customizing characters is always there.

>put points into it until you get .5% damage increase increments
Traits are objectively not just this though. A Fury Warrior one can add a totally different Fire or Shadow damage aspect to a move, changing it completely.

>There isn't any PvP happening outside of Blizzcon unlike in Wrath/BC which had some actual 3rd party tournaments like Dreamhack or MLG. Homogenization and pruning completely destroyed PvP.
And do you remember what happened in those events like MLG? Oh yeah, people using builds and tactics that were clearly overpowered to hell and back (wizard cleave/beast cleave was particularly popular during that WOTLK time.)

Wrath's imbalanced bullshit killed PvP, not "homogenization" or Pruning.
>>
>>378505430
>mop shitter saying the game is bad now
how far do you have to fall for that to happen
>>
>>378505430
I got rank one in my BG in late WotLK/early Cata and I couldn't bother to break 1600 when I came back to try WoD. They say Legion isn't as shit, but I don't want to waste any more time on WoW.
>>
>>378511650
No, my mother does too.
>>
>>378514137
i've never met anyone who played an orc who wasn't a colossal fucking obnoxious faggot
>>
>>378505430
Double shadow priest is wrecking 2's. git gud.
>>
>tfw wasted 40 bucks trying to get back into WoW with Legion
>>
>>378505430

>Not playing Discipline, the God-Emperor of 2s

You deserve it you fucking idiot. Holy is fucking garbage for PvP.

Also, go play 3v3, 2v2 is fucking cancer and gimmicks.
>>
>>378505430

>Playing wow pvp in current year

Out *CCed* of all *CCed* the stuff *CCed* you could *CCed* be playing *CCed* right now
>>
>>378514813
to be fair wow's pvp has almost always been either outbursting or out cc'ing the enemy team
>>
>>378514626
suck my colossal green dick anon
>>
>>378513810
>they had to stancedance
I have been a Warrior since Vanilla. Any of us who knew their shit just macro'd this shit. Doesn't take any extra skill like you think it does. Why do you think Blizzard kinda ended the old stance dancing concept?

>frost has always been retard spec
It's not now.

>I never played combat but assassination had to mostly keep hunger for blood and SnD up and doing 5 point envenoms inebetween
Maintain rupture and garrote first, then maintain envenom which leads into using Kingsbane then do the envenom/kingsbane combo to up kingsbane damage, also something to maintain agonizing poison if you use that.

The assassination and sub rogue builds are a lot more fun than what generic rogue builds tend to be because of all the things that are fun to manage.

>and what the fuck are you talking about the old talents did infucking fact add new moves that is a blatant lie
I didn't say add new moves (our current tree does that.) I said add more than just numbers on existing moves. Changing properties of existing moves more than even Glyphs did (while also more minor statistical boosts like old days as well.)

> but they look like shit more often than not
I won't lie, there was a period around Wrath-Cata-MoP where they looked bad, but the newer tier sets all look great. They always look better when they are more thematic to class than the expansion.

>it wasnt that bad after the initial dk nerfs until shadowmourne came intoplay imo
How did you skip the cleave shit? It's what made arguably the biggest embarrassment out of WoW PvP.
>>
>>378514246

>No deaths
>As a level 42 warlock

wow you dont fucking say, you could d/c and your voidwalker would keep you alive

latency has never mattered while leveling you ass milk, it does matter in raiding and pvp
>>
>>378505430
Arena is meant to be 3v3, 2's have always been fucked
>>
>>378514930
Playing resto druid in that meta was hilarious. Just running around with hots while they try to pin you down and nuke you. Infinte mana was the best thing ever.
>>
>>378514626
Ive never meta blood elf player that wasnt a complete faggot
Taurens were either bro tier or scrubs of the highest caliber
forsaken is where alot of the edgelords myself included were and were more likely to gank
orcs were either minmaxers or people just rolling with default race
trolls were cool but sometimes rivaling tauren in scrubbiness
>>
>>378515058
its either that or play the terrible baby food that is Legion. you sound like a whining faggot so i'm sure you'll find something to complain about either way
>>
File: 1479316557766.gif (47KB, 250x194px) Image search: [Google]
1479316557766.gif
47KB, 250x194px
>>378505430

Mfw people used to try hard (DDOS, changing servers) in PVP for rank 1 and titles that don't mean anything anymore since everyone has moved on to other games.

There are people out there right now that brought rank 1 titles and glad carries

There are people out there right now still trying to brag about their glad titles
>>
>>378515232

I'm not the other guy you dickmonger.

I'm playing Legion right now and having a lot of fun because I have friends to play it with

enjoy your ESL speaking chinks, russians and colossal nitpicky circlejerking faggots on /vg/
>>
>>378514998
I mained a rogue so I had the tools to not worry about warriors although sometimes druids were a complete fucking pain but the real fuckers were resto druids

I was more into 3's than 2's anyway but I do remember having trouble with a unholy dk arms warr feral druid team comp around the time ulduar was out that I kept queing into late at night
>>
>>378515232
>plays on private server an iteration of the game whose equivalent of difficulty was "lel you didn't train daggers you can't do this raid fight" and "lets just throw lots of adds instead of having any creative mechanics that test player skill for this raid fight"
>calls Legion baby food
>>
>>378515272
you forgot the biggest shameful thing
>people bought and still to this day buy raid clears because of how much of a shitter they are
>>
> tfw you only care about the lore and art style, not about the game mechanics at all
I'm addicted to this shit
>>
>>378515403
>lets just throw lots of adds instead of having any creative mechanics that test player skill for this raid fight"

>Skorpyron
>Gul'dan
>Korsus
>Tichondrius
>Ellisande

My sides.
>>
>>378515232

>Burning Crusade
>Hard

nigger Blizz didn't start adding real mechanics into raid fights until Ulduar and ICC, honorable mentions to Heroic Anub'arak in ToC

the fuck is this delusional shit people have about Vanilla/BC taking more skill when all it is is you take 3x longer to level up

oh wow you levelled up how skillful!!! fuck dude you really quested good
>>
>>378515551
None of these fights just meaninglessly throw in adds like Muru though? Hell, Skorpyron is the easy baby level gift boss of the bosses in NH, and he has more mechanics than any boss from vanilla-tbc and even most Wrath ones as well.
>>
File: 1491224227548.jpg (20KB, 480x255px) Image search: [Google]
1491224227548.jpg
20KB, 480x255px
>tfw all these autistic faggots complaining about skill in an online roleplaying game

Man, raids fucking killed this genre. What happened to immersing oneself into a new world, picking up the mantle of a new character, meeting new friends, journeying through new locations.

If this is what happened to the genre, I'm glad I left.
>>
>>378505430
well the issue currently is the gear in pvp.
in theory everyone should be on somewhat equal footing.
in reality however raidgeared people will always fuck you over hard.
in instanced pvp its the difference between a 5k hp warlock and a 7k that drops 3 dots on you and then 3 uc and then just ignores you because youre dead before you even break his soul leech.

the idea was nice on paper but its very hard for people that only play pvp to actually get good gear. not to mention all the bullshit forging shit. the best way to do pvp is just do raids m+ even if you dislike those.
>>
>>378511857
theres a moonkin build where you literally just alternate between moonfire and sunfire and top damage charts and burst down everyone in pvp. you can literally make a macro that alternates between the two and press one button to kill someone then tab to the next target and repeat.
>>
>>378513462
i agree completely.
not every class should have a dispel or counter silence.
class diversity is important but nowadays every class is the same with a different skin.
>>
>>378516782
>skill and gameplay
>a bad thing
We are still playing a VIDEO GAME, you fucktard. Nobody PLAYED MMOs just so they could be glorified chat channels. This shit better be a fucking troll.
>>
File: 1493593979438.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1493593979438.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>378505430
I'm playing Tera right now but was thinking to play wow at the same time.

What are the level limits on the free trial?
>>
>>378517014
>where you literally just alternate between moonfire and sunfire and top and burst down everyone in pvp
>Sunfire/Moonfire
>burst
>literally just alternate
Why? Why do you anti-blizz drones feel the need to make up such blatant lies? We get it, you guys don't like the game, but this is some next level of delusional projection.
>>
>>378517345
>he doesnt know about firekin builds
>>
File: WoWScrnShot_071514_221932.jpg (163KB, 1744x981px) Image search: [Google]
WoWScrnShot_071514_221932.jpg
163KB, 1744x981px
>>378508489
Ah yes, I remember the good old days where me (frost mage) and a buddy (destro lock) used to rape entire raid groups in front of ulduar. You PvE shitters are so pathetically bad at the game it's unbelievable.

Good times.
>>
File: Rogue Blind Sap 2.png (78KB, 205x179px) Image search: [Google]
Rogue Blind Sap 2.png
78KB, 205x179px
Post some good vanilla rogue trolling builds
>>
File: 1492714529786.jpg (16KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1492714529786.jpg
16KB, 320x320px
>>378517123
>Nobody PLAYED MMOs just so they could be glorified chat channels.
>>
>>378517425
...you know that you need to maintain moon fire and sunfire, right? As long as they are on, you move on in your move set priority. But you don't know because you only come here to talk shit about the game by lying.
>>
>>378517156
>>
>>378517123
Nothing wrong with "skill" and most definitely nothing wrong with gameplay, but when you forego so many RPG elements critical to the genre, to make some glorified lobby where all you do is run dungeons or raid, is fucking depressing and a downright shame compared to what the genre could offer.
>>
>>378508564
>arena kiddo can't mentally function if there are more than 6 players involved in an activity
>>
>>378514246
>lying to yourself this much in order to play a 10 year old expansion because he's a poorfag
>>
>>378517751
>PvE faggot can't function when there is something in front of him that is not shitty AI
>>
>>378517693
But when having more "immersive" mechanics leads to a worse game, any game developer has all right to streamline or remove these shitty mechanics. For every good story about how you met that friend while tryna plan an SFK run, you forgot how annoyingly time consuming getting to SFK was, you forgot how much time it took to get enough ppl to agree took, and you also forgot that one jackass who would cancel in the last minute taking god knows how much time to find another new last group member for your SFK. This was introduced dungeon finder, where there's still some possibility of that first positive thing happening but zero possibility of any of those negatives happening.
>>
>>378515421
Goddamn I miss carrying GDKPs in ICC and getting filthy rich.
>>
>>378505430
The classes are so fucking boring now. What does it matter how much content they churn out if the vehicle you are meant to experience it with is so dull.
I played since WoW switched on, come Legion I could not get into a single class and tried them all. Then said fuck it, deleted every char, deleted the game then deleted battlenet. Fuck Blizzard, whoever is designing this 'class fantasy' must be the most boring person in the world. Cast a thing to build a bar, cast a thing to spend the bar the game.
>>
>>378518441
>shadowpriest with 100 stacks of voidform
>not ridiculously fun
I bet you mained BM hunter
>>
File: Celestalon.png (445KB, 1434x485px) Image search: [Google]
Celestalon.png
445KB, 1434x485px
>>378518441
Here's your man.
>>
>>378518441
>lead class designer plays on a tablet
>expecting anything good to come from that
>>
>>378518441
Why not play a class that doesn't have this mechanic? Only classes that fit your bar increasing mechanic are Warrior, Rogue, Druid, and Pally. Hell, I would rather a class with two separate resource systems rather than just the derivative mana that's been a generic game thing for so long.
>>
>>378518114
>For every good story about how you met that friend while tryna plan an SFK run, you forgot how annoyingly time consuming getting to SFK was, you forgot how much time it took to get enough ppl to agree took, and you also forgot that one jackass who would cancel in the last minute taking god knows how much time to find another new last group member for your SFK.

yet it was community building, regulated shit players (gl getting anything while being on half the servers ignore list) and people these days play several multiplayer matches in a row which take 30-90 minutes each.

it wasn't perfect (since there is never a perfect solution) but it definitely was more mmoRPG. now you could replace half the players with bots that spout random shit and most players wouldn't even notice.
>>
>>378515232
>terrible baby food
always coming from shitters that achieved nothing
>>
Whats with the wow threads today
>>
>>378518586
>>378518615
Poes law in action right here you complete mongoloids
>>
>>378518586
so thats the new ghostcrawler?
>>
>>378518669
>Only classes that fit your bar increasing mechanic are Warrior, Rogue, Druid, and Pally

Warrior, Rogue, Druid, Pally, Shaman, Monk, Demon Hunter, Warlock, Hunter, Priest, and Frost DK you mean?
>>
>>378518672
Sounds like you havnt done m+20 recently
Trying to find not retarded people for friends list is real
>>
>>378518441
thats what happens when you put the diablo 3 lead as a wow dev lead because all the good people have moved on to hearthstone and overwatch.
why do you think warforging and titanforging are a thing.
the rng will only increase from now on.
>>
>>378518724
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>378518771
Yep. Unlike Ghostcrawler though, he's completely retarded rather than somewhat misguided.
>>
>>378518785
Except that's not how insanity works, funny thing about people who bitch about WoW on /v/, almost all of you are turboshitters that cry for the sake of crying
>>
>>378505430
Guild wars 2 is a lot better in many ways
>>
>>378518887
It's identical Frost DK's Breath of Sindragosa build. It isn't special or unique.
>>
File: 1491059434820.jpg (27KB, 397x273px) Image search: [Google]
1491059434820.jpg
27KB, 397x273px
>>378505829
>not playing both
Vanilla wow is max comfy but if your just casual retail is good when you need a break. wow is just comfy in general, I feel bad for anyone that takes it seriously they're just lessening their own experience.v
>>
>>378518915
Except guild wars 2 movement feels wrong and like there's input delay
>>
>>378518839
>tfw you actually miss ghostcrawler
Jesus christ what a shitty feel, who knew it could get worse
>>
File: war2-human-demosquad.gif (27KB, 250x207px) Image search: [Google]
war2-human-demosquad.gif
27KB, 250x207px
>>378518441
>deleted battlenet

What is this "Battlenet"? It's just called the Blizzard app now.
>>
File: 1434334325938.jpg (33KB, 516x492px) Image search: [Google]
1434334325938.jpg
33KB, 516x492px
>playing retail in 2017
>>
>>378518973
if you get used to the amount of shit wow funnels you a rational person would think that that small set back from guild wars 2 would be a lot better than all of the other problems wow faces
>>
>>378519029
Its only going to get worse. Hopefully legion is the last or second to last expansion.
>>
>>378519106
>this shit tastes better so I put up with it

mmo players
>>
>>378519079
You say that but i bet you'll play funservers like Warmane which is basically no different than playing retail
>>
>>378519189
like every other genre has no shit you have to put up with
>>
>>378518672
>regulated shit player
Lmao not it didn't. Look at Elysium, with a tiny fraction population compared to vanilla, and they can't even blacklist that successfully.

Yeah, people spamming LFG, LFM, WTB, WTS was so immersive and felt so much less bot-like than people who would actually attempt convos today.

It's so obvious how much of your opinion is clouded by online bandwagons rather than actually playing the game recently in any form. Because the higher communication between players back then has nothing to do with the more tedious game mechanics. It has less to do with the game and more sign of the times. Private servers for Vanilla/TBC servers with high pops today are no different from retail servers either as a result.
>>
>>378519228
Yeah but with no monthly sub

granted GW2 is non sub so more shit by default
>>
File: 1486998141067.png (48KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
1486998141067.png
48KB, 184x184px
>>378519142
I'm at least hopefully they bring back a progression server soon at the very least, I can fully understand why they won't release pure vanilla but if shit gets any worse and people start leaving in bigger droves than WoD, they can't justify not releasing a rolling progression server
>>
>>378519302
like no other game has subs
>>
>>378518931
You don't build and spend, your goal is build and try keep building which leads to a different and more frantic playstyle, don't move goalposts.
In mop every class pretty much just had combo points, they finally start diversifying and people like you start crying.
Those two specs have way different plays types too, frost is a sit there and faceroll, shadow is a dot spec with a lot of intricacies becausee of how voidform affects your haste, especially in council fights and high m+
>>
>>378519357
show me a non mmo with sub that's actually good?
>>
>>378519393
vanilla wow to wot
>>
>>378519106
>putting up with bad movement
Absolutely disgusting.
When you can have more fun in wow jumping in a circle like a Mongolia than doing actual content in gw2 there is a massive problem.

Somehow blizzard are the only mmo company that realized their game needs to fit like a glove and have a good "feel".
>>
>>378519519
>world of slavs

no
>>
>>378519393
I havnt paid for a wow sub in years, a few hours of herbing gives you enough gold to buy a wow token
>>
>>378519572
>>world of slavs

???
>>
>>378519558
Mongoloid*
>>
>>378518785
Uhhh...no? Warlocks have nothing like that.

Even then I am not sure how you're salty about multi resource management. It's like saying all pre Cata WoW/99% of RPGs is just spending that one bar, and those older systems by your logic show up to be even more shallow.
>>
you guys are dumb as shit they're never going to kill WoW rofl, its still the most popular mmo in the world by far and the money it generates is stupid they could drop to swtor / lotro player levels and STILL keep coming out with expansions
>>
Is there a game or MMO that will remotely capture whatever feelings I have for WoW, that isn't retail.
>>
>>378519875
no, WoW was special one of those once in a lifetime type things that doesnt come around often
stop trying to chase the high and settle down with your sweet memories
>>
>>378519875
No, it'll never come back. You aren't 14 any more and the internet isnt like it was in 2005 any more. No matter what you try, that feeling is gone forever.
>>
>>378519853
>Build Combo Points
>Spend combo points

I'm sorry, I mean soul shard.
>>
>>378519558
>My game is better because i can jump in a circle smoother
>>
File: 1493605401883.gif (1011KB, 250x236px) Image search: [Google]
1493605401883.gif
1011KB, 250x236px
>>378519301
>Look at Elysium

mfw comparing a hacked together f2p version to the p2p version with over 10 years difference

>It has less to do with the game and more sign of the times.

or, you know the players and their expectation changed. remember mmos before wow were a niche genre and only got big because every retarded publisher wanted a low effort cash-cow. plus dumbing the game down more and more that even a 6yo can play it (and pay a sub). there's a reason you'll hardly find the type of mmo player from back then (which wasn't a squeaker either)
>>
>>378519981
But you don't build soul shards like that at all wtf are you on? Not to mention that only I think destro has a soul shard thing in its rotation/priority.
>>
>>378511125
>Interesting rotations
>Press a CD
>Cast weak ass resource building spell x100
>Cast big resource spending spell
>Repeat
>Copy paste to every class
/shrug
>>
>>378505829
this.
I enjoy my WotlK private server so much. It's the perfect balance between casualization and not sucking dick.
I mean, yeah, most features were the beginning of the ruin of WoW, but it saves me lot of time which I simply don't have anymore. I can't level a Warrior in classic anymore let alone farm Fire Resistance Gear, oh boy.
>>
File: WoWScrnShot_051717_210325.jpg (2MB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
WoWScrnShot_051717_210325.jpg
2MB, 1680x1050px
lads rate my rare mounts collection
>>
>>378520290
Yeah, if I'd only have a Laptop to play vidya, I would maybe still play WoW, too.
Or I would save the sub fee for a good PC and play something else.
>>
>>378505430
They removed class identity and counters. Every class can now kill any class almost easily.

They made healing godly. Its not uncommon to go into a bg and see half the dps with 50% of the damage as healing. Some dps (locks, dks, druids, priests, paladins) can even have equal healing and damage.

Healers are now also gods. Not only do they not run out of mana, it takes 3 decently skilled dps to take down a decently skilled healer. Kicks now have a 15sec+ cd and 80% of all their spells are instant cast heals anyway. Due to this, arena starts off with a healing debuff that increases as time goes on. 43% of high rated 2s games often have to wait until this debuff stacks to 40-50% reduced healing.

tl;dr If you are thinking of coming back for arena, don't; unless you can burst a healer down in your 6sec stun/silence when all their defensives are on cd.
>>
>>378520067
Even if 50% of Elysium's pop at once is hacked, that's still 2k ppl. Yet it's still just like retail, except with more LFG/LFMs because dungeon finder doesn't exist. Keep in mind this is a server filled with people that think like you, and they don't socialize. There was no need for ppl to be as social in MMOs especially when social media just made itself to be the better medium for that. The only thing MMOs have left that people would play they for is cooperative PvE content, which is why WoW is still alive today meanwhile true sandboxes that maxed immersion and socialization like Star Wars Galaxies are dead.
>>
>>378520346
>his only argument are the graphic settings

how does it feel to be a cock mongling bitch ass motherfuckin nigger faggot?
>>
File: ghostcrawler.jpg (153KB, 372x601px) Image search: [Google]
ghostcrawler.jpg
153KB, 372x601px
>>378519029
>>
>>378520248
Even if it was this simple, it would still be more complex than st least the brain dead two button rotations of vanilla and tbc.

>>378520385
>thinks a match up based system is better than a player skill based one
>doesn't realize that even then Frost Mage and Rogue were miles above the other classes in his glory days
>implying everything in that second paragraph hasn't been historically true in WoW with those classes capable of high healing even in DPS
>implying a DPS is good DPS if he can't down healers
Are you one of these guys making shit up or just that bad with pvp?
>>
>>378520436
Is this real anon? I actually laughed.
>>
>>378520436
>perimnate
>>
>>378520290
Worthless
>>
>>378520290
i guess it took you 2 runs to get some of these and you feel proud.
>>
>>378520684
>Muh Vanilla/TBC boogeyman
Classic Blizzdrone comeback. How about you compare class identity, rotations, gameplay and pvp to what it was in MOP?
>>
>>378520684
The added complexity of a three button rotation over a two button rotation isn't really worth the rest of the game going to shit AND my class losing a shit ton of fun spells at the same time.
>>
>>378520436

>perminate

kek
>>
>>378520740

>"perimnate"
>laughing while fucking it up himself

fucking /v/
>>
File: 1495916181182.png (80KB, 288x211px) Image search: [Google]
1495916181182.png
80KB, 288x211px
>>378520810
as a matter of fact it did
>>
File: 1495997166163.jpg (21KB, 313x235px) Image search: [Google]
1495997166163.jpg
21KB, 313x235px
>>378520290
>4 million hp
>>
>>378520290
>femhuman
every time
>>
File: IMG_0812.png (167KB, 808x330px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0812.png
167KB, 808x330px
Is the affliction lock fun again like it was back during the beginning of mich king?
>>
File: AP.png (112KB, 865x114px) Image search: [Google]
AP.png
112KB, 865x114px
>>378521068
retail wow number inflation is hilarious.
>>
>>378512962
Old talents didnt give extra buttons to press? I think we played different games anon
>>
>>378520684
>>implying a DPS is good DPS if he can't down healers
I might be a shitty dps like him but even I get angry when a holy priest goes from 20% health to 100% health half-way through a stun.
>>
>>378521068
My rogue had 3.2 million health in a bg and a hunter with 5.2 million asked what was wrong with my health bar. The 9 million health fc tank laughed.
>>
>>378512962
>Old talent system didn't add new moves to your existing moves
Just how retarded are you?
>>
How is rogue nowadays dudes, is it any fun? Thinking of not rolling outlaw for a change
>>
>>378510674
>dev mage cabal
What was that? Did some shenanigans or favoritism happen behind the scenes or something?
>>
>>378505430
>holy priest in pvp
how about you stop being a useless cunt for your arena partner and play a proper spec. kys
I main holy priest but I'm not stupid enough to take a pure healer like that into pvp. If you are serious about pvp you would have figured by now how much better disc is.
>>
>>378519675
about 1 and a half hour gives you enough money to buy a wow token
Thread posts: 166
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.