[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I beat it, but I'm confused. The 4 "dungeons"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: BOTW-Share_icon.jpg (237KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
BOTW-Share_icon.jpg
237KB, 1200x630px
I beat it, but I'm confused. The 4 "dungeons" aren't dungeons at all, and the shrine puzzles are really easy. Am I missing something? The game is mesmerising, but there's admittedly not much depth it seems.
>>
>>378488391
>he fell for the sandbox meme

Breath of the Wild gets close to making it work but let's face it, 99 times out of 100 open world is a mistake
>>
If the dungeons and shrines disappointed you that much I'd hate to see what you think of the """puzzles""" in other Zelda game.
>>
>>378488758
The Great Bay Temple and Stone Tower Temple are each individually more difficult puzzle-wise than the entirety of BotW. There are other dungeons like this throughout the series as well, those are just the first two I thought of.
>>
>>378488391
Shrine puzzles are easy but the novelty of them is that there are a bunch of different ways to solve them, same with the divine beasts. I think the idea behind it kinda flopped because most people are just going to do the puzzle the most straight forward way and probably never revisit it again to experiment with other solutions. I do wish that the shrines were twice as long but that would make the divine beasts pretty pitiful. They shot themselves in the foot with doing divine beasts and shrines at the same time but I'm glad they at least experimented with zelda dungeons so whatever, it was still fun.
>>
>>378489079
Stone Tower Temple is the only one I'll give you. Great Bay Temple just had a confusing layout.

>There are other dungeons like this throughout the series as well, those are just the first two I thought of.

Those are the only two you thought of. Every 3D Zelda title following MM had piss-easy dungeons that were far more rudimentary and simplistic than, say, the camel Divine Beast.
>>
This is the first game in the Zelda series that really captures a sense of adventure and exploration. Unfortunately it quickly wears off.
>>
>>378488758
challenging but not overly so? it strikes a balance between difficulty for all ages.
that and satisfying to beat.
>>
>>378488391
Twilight Princess> BoTW

Prove me wrong
>>
>>378491159
I can tell just by this post anon that your parents never loved you
>>
>>378491384
HA

My mommy helped me solve tough puzzles in Twilight Princess when I was a kid

So nothing personel kid, but youre fucking retardy
>>
>>378488758
This.

>>378489079
Great Bay Temple and Stone Tower Temple are also the best 3D dungeons in the entire series.

Also if you can appreciate what made those two dungeons in particular good, I don't see how you can in the same breath whine about the Divine Beasts. The Divine Beasts had problems, but the core design is extremely strong, and draws its lineage directly from MM and OoT's dungeons.

They're nonlinear dungeons with central mechanisms that affect the layout where the entire puzzle is understanding and navigating the space. It's exactly this design that made the N64 Zelda dungeons so good and why every dungeon since has been lacking. The Divine Beasts go way further than any of the N64 Zeldas since unlike MM which cheated by having mechanisms you never had a reason to toggle backwards, the Divine Beasts fully utilize their mechanisms in multiple steps to accomplish different tasks.

They're too easy and too short because they basically don't have enemies, but as far as dungeon and puzzle design goes, they're probably the best ones. They're spatial reasoning tests that get right to the point and never waste your time.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.