[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>it's an anime styled game >not made by Japanese

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

File: 1459045788796.jpg (37KB, 348x342px) Image search: [Google]
1459045788796.jpg
37KB, 348x342px
>it's an anime styled game
>not made by Japanese

Why do people do this?
>>
They like the art style
>>
>>378483750
But it's like opening a box of chocolate and being greeted by vegetables. As a consumer, it's disappointing. There is more to Japanese games than just the well-known art-style, they have a distinct charm and soul too, which is the product of their culture. It feels like being tricked.
>>
>>378483638

But I like VA-11 Hall-A
>>
>>378484030
cringe
i'd almost forgotten what weeaboo actually means
>>
>>378484157
I see I touched a nerve there. You sound upset.
>>
>>378484236
how come
>>
>>378484157
>i'd almost forgotten what weeaboo actually means

I'm not a weeaboo. Besides, my question was not about me but about devs who adopt Japanese aesthetics without being able to deliver the Japanese experience, because they are not Japanese. Why do they do this.
>>
>>378484701
your post kinda reeks of "muh superior nipponese culture", which is what weeaboos do
sorry if i read it wrong
>>
>>378484030
Do you think there is nothing to appreciate about western games drawn in eastern style?
>>
>>378484930
>sorry if i read it wrong
Happens.

>>378485006
>Do you think there is nothing to appreciate about western games drawn in eastern style?

There surely is, but as I mentioned in a post earlier. It's like opening a box of chocolate and being greeted by vegetables (or vice versa, just a metaphor).
>>
>it's a cast of anime styled characters and they're all white
>made by the Japanese

Why do they do this?
>>
>>378485320
They like the culture
>>
File: Sinoboosvsweeaboos.png (50KB, 834x351px) Image search: [Google]
Sinoboosvsweeaboos.png
50KB, 834x351px
>Japanese developed game in Chinese setting
>All the Mandarin names are mispronounced, so much so that it almost seems intentional
>>
>>378485320
That is an entirely different question that does not counter the original question, despite sounding smart at first. Whether the characters created by Japanese artists look White (they don't), Black, or whatever, does not change the fact that they are crated by them.

Whereas non-Japanese adopting Japanese style without delivering the rest of the Japanese experience (story, how the characters behave, overall feel of the game) is baffling, and as a customer, irritating.
>>
>>378484030
I don't particularly care the ethnicity of a person making game if it plays well and looks interesting. Why are you do obsessed of the genes inside someone making a game? What a game be more Japanese if a Japanese person adopted as a baby by white Minnesotans made it than a white person who spent many years living in Japan? Just enjoy shit based on its own merits instead of who made it.
>>
File: 1470609395587.jpg (38KB, 302x302px) Image search: [Google]
1470609395587.jpg
38KB, 302x302px
>>378485191
Why are you using the word "vegetables"? Vegetables generally aren't seen as enjoyable to eat, especially when you compare them to chocolates.

The reason that anon thinks you're a weeb is because you clearly didn't think you were going to get anything out of the game the moment you realized it wasn't made in Japan, and in defense of his assessment, that's _literally what it means to be weeb_. You're tossing aside what might be perfectly good material because it's made by some round-eye. Even a western-made game can sufficiently ape the culture you appreciate so much, and it clearly intends to if it's drawn in anime style.

My advice to you is to get over it and play the game anyway. Maybe there won't be anything to it; maybe there will.
>>
>>378484701
Dude Soulsborne games must be bad too then, since it's a Japanese dev making a game in a western style and aesthetic.
>>
>>378485830
>Why are you do obsessed of the genes inside someone making a game?

Because these genes are usually attached to a certain culture and a VN, for example, made by an American will be different than one made by a German or Japanese person.

>>378485838
>you clearly didn't think you were going to get anything out of the game the moment you realized it wasn't made in Japan

Incorrect! You are making assumptions. I am asking this question AFTER I experienced games that looked Japanese but were not Japanese.
>>378485838
>My advice to you is to get over it and play the game anyway. Maybe there won't be anything to it; maybe there will.
I don't advice from you about what I should like or do, and I never asked for it.
>>
>>378486006
>Dude Soulsborne games must be bad too then, since it's a Japanese dev making a game in a western style and aesthetic.

No, they are Japanese games with a Japanese aesthetic in a Western themed fantasy setting.
>>
>>378486278
There is nothing distinctly Japanese about the Soulsborne aesthetic.
And don't say "large weapons."
>>
>>378486452
>There is nothing distinctly Japanese about the Soulsborne aesthetic.

There is a distinct Soulsborne aesthetic, which was made by Japanese devs. That is all there is to it.
>>
>>378484030
Avatar was better than any anime the Jewpanese could make, and you know it.
>>
>>378484030
I can't tell if this is satire or not.
>>
File: w2woj.jpg (26KB, 329x427px) Image search: [Google]
w2woj.jpg
26KB, 329x427px
>>378484030
>food analogy
>>
>>378486602
Again, there is nothing distinctly Japanese about it. The fact that it was made by Japanese developers does not mean it doesn't borrow heavily from other themes or cultures, and it does borrow a lot from Western fantasy. If you insist on calling it Japanese-style because it's only ostensibly original and made in Japan, you're treading into weeaboo territory again.
>>
>>378486998
Tbh I had no idea that Avatar was not Japanese but I always disliked it extremely. If you like it then good for you.
>>378487154
>there is nothing distinctly Japanese about it
It is made by Japanese devs. Besides, you are missing the point. Soulsborne games deliver the Japanese experience. The issue is about what is underneath, not about visuals. Non-Japanese games who copy Japanese art style are tricking customers because they cannot offer the Japanese experience.
>>
>>378487369

>tricking customers

what? I don't think they're going into these with the desire for a "japanese experience," well at least the non elitist/hardcore aren't going in with that mindset
>>
File: 1495942385380.jpg (60KB, 911x848px) Image search: [Google]
1495942385380.jpg
60KB, 911x848px
>>378484030
>food analogy
>>
Having your taste defined by whether the product comes from Japan or not is the definition of weebness.
>>
>>378484030
Do you know how you fags constantly misuse the word weeaboo for anything anime related?
You can use it, now.
>>
File: 1420198524030.png (25KB, 228x239px) Image search: [Google]
1420198524030.png
25KB, 228x239px
>>378487369
>Soulsborne games deliver the Japanese experience
By no other virtue than having been developed by Japanese people. This is the point you've been missing, or ignoring, and it's what marks you as a filthy weeaboo that must be culled - that the only works meriting your appreciation are made in Japan. Broaden your damn horizons or stop posting.
>>
>>378483638
This wouldn't be a problem if it was true. Every, and I mean EVERY single western artist that tries to do anime always wants to add in some cartoony influence to it. It's not always bad, but I can always tell it's not Japanese. I'm literally getting into drawing so I can make stuff that doesn't have western written all over it.
>>
>>378483638
Isn't Battleborn supposed to be anime styled game?
>>
>>378484030
oh my God what a faggot
>>
>>378488372
HOT
MONKEY
DICK
>>
>>378484701
Because weeaboo faggots like you that buy anything with an anime artsyle and they know that
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.