[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I playing this game wrong? I'm 6 hours in and the only

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: 3080800-91gqr89ilil._sl1500_.jpg (35KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
3080800-91gqr89ilil._sl1500_.jpg
35KB, 320x320px
Am I playing this game wrong? I'm 6 hours in and the only thing I find effective to kill monsters is the wrench. Everything else is too fucking weak to do anything meaningful and I don't feel like using upgrades
>>
>>378483596
>Am I playing this game wrong?

>I don't feel like using upgrades

>>
>>378483740
The guns feel like absolute shit.
>>
>>378484207
enemies take more damage from sneaky attacks and while they are glooed. shotgun has very steep damage falloff, but is a beast when fired from point blank range.
combat focus is helpful
alien abilitys and upgrades & chipsets are helpful

i found the combat in this game extremely fun & fluid, played on nightmare
>>
>>378484741
I haven't been using any of the alien abilities because the game told.me.bad shit would happen if I did was that all a ruse
>>
Use psychoshock. Shotgun. Stun gun on some stuff. Wrench all mimics.
>>
>>378485016
Using alien abilities or not really doesn't effect that much in the ending, there are other choices that make a much bigger difference
>>
>>378483596
I've heard almost nothing about the story in this game, but my biggest obstacle to buying it is being almost certain of what the twist is and therefore having the story automatically ruined.

A system shock/bioshock game, obviously going to have a twist ending, and one of the main themes is having aliens who can shift into any object or thing GEE WIZ I WONDER IF I'M GOING TO TURN OUT TO BE AN ALIEN OR SOMETHING
>>
>>378485825
Mimics can't mimic living creatures.
>>
>>378485825
It does have cliche twists but there is enough to the story and ending to leave a ton of speculation. Which is fun to think about albeit frustrating too.
>>
>>378485825

You're only somewhat correct, but not for the reasons you're actually thinking. I recommend just playing it.
>>
>>378485016
If you unlock too many the turrets will identify you as hostile, however you can hack them to make them friendly again so it's no big deal.
>>
>>378485825
The twist is pretty much what you think it is and is basically the worst part of the game, but the rest of the game is surprisingly good.
>>
my main workhorses were the wrench and gluegun combo and eventually the shotgun. Pistol was only really for hidden mimics. It goes from dead space 1 to 2 at some point.
There was one point were I leapt down onto the nightmare in max payne time with the shotgun and tore him a new one.
>>
File: 1446621316190.png (38KB, 900x680px) Image search: [Google]
1446621316190.png
38KB, 900x680px
The Nightmare is hunting you.
The first time you see it.
>>
File: 1485270662563.png (11KB, 273x185px) Image search: [Google]
1485270662563.png
11KB, 273x185px
>>378483596
>I don't feel like using upgrades
>Everything else is too fucking weak to do anything meaningful
>>
Upgraded shotgun and stun gun are too strong and the game throws upgrade kits at you, and you can even make them.
Wrench really isn't that good after a while.
>>
File: 20561vq100402_007.jpg (626KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20561vq100402_007.jpg
626KB, 2560x1440px
>>378486759
>Turn on combat focus
>Slide between its legs
>Hit it with electroshock mid-slide
>Exit slide and put 6 shells right up its asshole
>Collect loot
ez
>>
>>378483596
Shotgun with damage upgrades will fuck anything up, especially if you get a sneak attack off.
>>
>>378487368
>First time
I didn't want to use Typhon mods at that point, and I barely touched the Security/combat mods on my first playthrough.

>Vanquish
So glad that you can slide in Prey, and that Vanquish was saved from dying with the previous gen.
>>
>>378484741
>shotgun has very steep damage falloff
kek

shotgun+that matrix skill is literally ez mode in this game.
the two other weapons to upgrade are the electric zap gun and the gloo cannon.
with those three weapons combined you can deal with every enemy type in the game with zero effort.
remember to set the FOV to 100 as well
>>
>first encounter with an electric phantom
>carry a body into the chamber after the fight and run the procedure again
>the weaver creates another phantom
Didn't seem to have any benefit other than a few more alien parts so I reloaded but I thought it was neat
>>
>>378489861
game certainly has alot of TECHNOLOGY compared to most releases now adays.

the fact you can fuck with every part of your little simulated room/helicopter ride at the beginning was neat.

also just how cool the Looking Glass tech looks and works ingame with your ability to shatter and walk in and still see the "fake" outside...
>>
the game is quite literally System Shock 3.

its everything I could have expected and then some, it certainly has flaws, but its still utterly superior to Bioshock Infinite in every conceivable way in continuing the series.

the point that I'm surprised this game was so good, considering the people who made it...

its like somone in charge actually gave a shit this time.
>>
>the Gloo Gun.

honestly rivals/surpasses the fucking gravity gun in terms of a gun with non-combat applications.

especially since you don't need a Gravity gun since you can effectively become a fucking Telekinetic anyways.

"how do I get up there.. oh yea I can just MAKE a way" only annoying part of the gun is when your just trying to Gloo up an enemy and you miss and make Gloo balls instead.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.