[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you guys think about cartridge reproductions? Some old

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: wild guns.png (381KB, 1406x783px) Image search: [Google]
wild guns.png
381KB, 1406x783px
What do you guys think about cartridge reproductions? Some old games are absurdly high priced, and to me if it looks the same and plays exactly the same I'd much rather pay $30 than $300 to have a game even if it's not an original production.

What I don't know is if these reproductions actually do play the same or if they tend to come with issues.
>>
>>378477993
Pointless garbage and overpriced 95% of the time since most of them are made out of 2 buck sports titles and other pawn shop bargain bin old shovelware. Emulate, buy real, fine, but repros are just dumb wastes of space.
>>
>>378477993
kinda pointless when there's emulators
>>
>>378478435
>>378478435
>most of them are made out of 2 buck sports titles and other pawn shop bargain bin old shovelware

I can't see how that could possibly matter.
>>
>>378478645

I really just don't like using emulators and like having physical games.
>>
>>378477993
They're legit man. I like playing on the actual hardware with friends. It's tight to finally have all these $200 games that I've been wanting to play for forever.

Go on etsy and you can get them for $20. I got mine from coastlinegames and they all play perfect. I can only speak to the quality of their snes games though.
>>
>>378477993
>What do you guys think about cartridge reproductions?
Only good for games that weren't released here.
>>
>>378478826

I've never heard of etsy but I'll check it out. You've never had any problem with any of them? They play the same as an official cartridge?
>>
GET A FUCKING FLASHCART.
>>
i say it is cool when they make a rom hack snes game

or a gameboy advanced game to snes

But I would seperate the two and know it is not official.

I only would support the original copies in this case
>>
>>378477993
Repro carts should cost nothing more than 10 dollars, because they use shit sports games nobody cares about.
>>
If emulation doesn't offer the accuracy that you desire then a repro cart will, for a small price. Ideally you should get a flashcart and load it with your own games but this is cool too and you can pawn it off to some dumb kid for profit when you're done.
>>
>>378479205
Exactly the same man. I got a bunch too. Sunset Riders, Wild Guns, Metal Warriors, TMNT Turtles in Times, Pocky and Rocky 2, and Zombies Ate my Neighbors.

I also played Sunset Riders with a guy who has a legit copy and he didn't understand when I said it wasn't the real deal. He couldn't tell the difference.
>>
>>378479298

I'm definitely interested in getting Star Fox 2 on a cart.
>>
Repros are mostly pointless because you can just get a flash cart for most cases.

But if you are buying from Aliexpress they are cheap so that works I guess.

I wouldn't mind a Gimmick! repro with Audio though.
>>
File: 1471265228387.jpg (30KB, 316x202px) Image search: [Google]
1471265228387.jpg
30KB, 316x202px
https://www.etsy.com/listing/498038152/harvest-moon-64-n64-nintendo-64?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=harvest%20moon%20n64&ref=sr_gallery_9
>>
>>378479807

I've seen them for about $30 on Ebay, but makes no sense when you can get an authentic copy for $10-20 more dollars.
>>
File: 1464455858399.png (280KB, 647x363px) Image search: [Google]
1464455858399.png
280KB, 647x363px
>bought a bunch of shitty carts at garage sales
>cleaned them up, reprod them to a bunch of "rare" or valuable carts
>brought them to a flea market and walked away with $400

Not a bad way to spend an afternoon. But it's not really something you can do all of the time. People will get wise.
>>
>>378477993
A good deal if is a english translated japanese only game. Pointless for almost everything else.
>>
>>378478667
If you want a physical copy of an old gen game that is easily emulated, you want it for collection purposes in 2017. Buying a reproduction for $30 that probably costed like $2 to actually produce is like ripping yourself off, at least genuine is overpriced because of its rarity and status, why the fuck reproduction costs like a new game is beyond me. Sure you may like to play on actual hardware, but you're still doing it for collection purposes.
>>
>>378477993
Just get a flash cart.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.