[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did the Prepare to Die edition have gameplay tweaks like Scholar

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

Did the Prepare to Die edition have gameplay tweaks like Scholar of the First Sin did? I've been playing Dark Souls 1 on PC for years and last week I bought the PS3 version of the game just for something different, and I noticed that every boss minus Quelaag seems a lot easier for some reason. And on PC I used a 360 controller so it can't be that.
>>
>>378465905
It didn't, but the base game got an entire overhaul dumbing down the game significantly.

Mobs aggro range decreased
Mobs aggro leash implemented (before enemies would chase you endlessly)
Dart throwers don't respawn anymore and etc

They made the game significantly easier for the PC release.
>>
>>378466058

I only played PC version. Can I still experience this harder DaS if I buy a PS3 DaS game, non-PTDE?
>>
>>378466345
You can not with PtD, you would have to find a console version of the original games and not update it

It's a shame people have to go through such lengths to play the original game, it was challenging but still fair; as opposed to the patched version which is fucking easy mode.

One change you need to be aware about though is enemies that fall of edges and what not, their loot is gone forever. Crystal Lizards don't magically give you their items, nor does Lautrec or Black Knights. This was another casual thing they added when they patched the game.
>>
>>378466345
Yeah if you don't update the game.
>>
>>378466639
Version 1.05 is when the game got casualized, that happened before AoA, AoA won't run on older patches. You can't play original DaS1 with AoA/PtD
>>
>>378466058
>>378465905

Wait, Ya'll telling me DaS, the supposedly "hardest game on the planet" by dsfags, was nerfed to make the game EASIER on PC release?

Holy fuck, this changes everything.
>>
>>378466601
Really? I've been playing the unpatched game and have been trying to grind for the BKH, usually by kicking him off the edge. It still gives me the blue titanite either way, but are you saying I'm missing out on the halberd by doing so?
>>
>>378467941
If you're getting titanite, I don't think you're playing unpatched.
>>
>>378467845
>source: a shitpost on /v/

great job you fucking idiot
>>
>>378468516

Overall increase in souls gained (~2-2.5 times more)
Damage reduced on some mobs?
HP lowered on some mobs?
Reduced acquisition range on normal enemies.
Reduced poise on some enemies.
Distance at which enemies are aggro has been reduced
Bosses drop Humanity and Homeward Bones
Ghosts, Skeletons, Mosquitos, and Slimes give souls now
Twinkling Titanite drop rate improved
Pyromancers in Catacombs drop Skull Lanterns
Darkwraiths in New Londo drop Dark Hand

http://darksouls.wikidot.com/game-patches
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.