[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>want to get good >sign up for netplay >everyone looks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

>want to get good
>sign up for netplay
>everyone looks so serious
>so many rules
>I'm not very good, can still get killed by level 9 cpus (not very often but still)
>lost my gc adapter so have to use a ds4
>get scared
>leave
>>
>>378456942
play with friends

if you don't have friends then practice basic movement before anything

Try Sheik, that's the easiest character that's good if you are just starting.
>>
>>378456942

just do it faggot getting bodied is part of the fun
>>
>>378457240
I've been playing a lot of Peach, had a friend over just yesterday to play, but it was his first time (not that I've been playing much longer, but I was able to get most of the wins. He played mainly Marth and Roy)
>>
>>378456942
theyre only sweaty nerds. don't let their faux-competition scare you off. theyre in their mothers basement trying to increase their reddit epeen
>>
>just practice movement in training mode
>internet too shit for netplay
>just barely too good to play my roomates
fuck
>>
>>378458289
I'm afraid my PC doesn't have good enough internet
I use WiFi since I'm not the main computer in the house, and my ISP is balls and drops connection randomly even on ethernet
Speedofme says latency is 100ms, don't know if that's good, but even if it is it's probably going to be inconsistent
>>
>>378456942
Most people on netplay will taunt and pause the game and fiddle with the camera after every kill. I hope you like playing against pichu because if you ever lose the first game, that's the only character you'll get to play against. Often they'll use the same move over and over again or just do silly stuff to mock you. Have fun!
>>
>>378460131
Time to show off my mad Pichu game in some dittos
>>
>>378460131
This is every fighting game though. I've played people who go into "n-not trying" mode they start losing.
>>
>>378460561
Why do people do this? How is it fun? Does everyone truly enjoy playing Pichu than any other character?
>>
>>378461617
It's fun because it's fun beating people with a bad character. And Pichu is cute and fast.
>>
>>378457540

>not 4 stocking a first time player every time

you're never gonna make it
>>
>>378456942
>Afraid of netplay nerds

Literally no reason to be. The majority of them are garbage at the game anyways.
>>
>>378463956
>>378463956
>>378457540

do not listen to this nigger
Play the game the fuckin way you want
Play on all levels
Fucking go on the metroid level knock a bitch onto the flames and fucking hit him below a stage and kill him
go to the fucking little corner platform in hyrule temple and learn to get a persom off the stage or level and fucking do crazy badass shit.

THE PRO FUCKERS STARTED ON THOSE LEVELS and took the skills from those levels into the main ones

THAT is one of the reasons why new players have a hard time adjusting to set standards because they never EXPERIMENTED IN THE FIRST PLACE.
>>
>>378456942
Netplay is fucking trash. Just go to locals.
>>
>>378464565
death of crts and increased technology and the rise of cryptocurrency can bring a change into melee into a digital online tournament
>>
>>378464565
someone who never played and FM at all
>>
>>378463956
I'm a pretty new player myself
>>
>>378464643
huh?
>>
>>378456942
Pick a character and stick with it. If it's all the same to you, you may want to pick a good one, it'll make things easier down the road. I didn't.
Play however you like for the first 1000 hours. Items won't be a thing once you venture out in the world, so you may wanna ignore them from the start, although they can give you some throwing practice for playing Peach or either Link.
Play on Hyrule Temple. It'll make you a tech god after bouncing around for a while down below. It also has a bit of everything, making adapting to smaller stages a non-issue. Or perhaps I'm just biased because it's the best stage.
Rules are simple, and none of them affect you once the game starts, so don't worry about it.
And don't play with a fucking DS4, get a new adapter.
>>
>>378467719
What's wrong with a DS4
I know it's bad for Melee but specifics
I noticed tilts and shorthops are hard to do, and wavedashing because no notches. The button layout is much different than gc. Also triggers are ass in general.
>>
Is there a better feeling than somebody accidently crouch canceling a Peach Usmash?
>>
>>378468864
Throwing a stitch-face or bomb off the stage while they're recovering
Floating near the top of the stage while they're falling and using an up-air to star ko
>>
>>378468864
Hitting a rest might not be the hardest thing but it makes me hard every time
>>
Off topic but has anyone:
-Used the gentleman's rule to play on a banned stage in a tournament
-Switched to Zelda mid-match (not trolling like m2k)
-Landed Roy's fully charged B move
And links to videos please
>>
>>378458289
>just barely too good to play my roomates
this
this sucks
>>
anyone have tips for being more than just a cookie cutter-style Fox/Falco?
>>
>>378471264
Stop playing Fox/Falco
If you want to be fast and fun play Cap Falcon, he's less boring
Literally everyone plays Fox, he is cookie cutter
>>
>watch documentary
>always played melee casually but at that point didn't touch it for 5 years
>oh fuck I want to be part of this awesome shit
>Generally not many friends tho
>anyway, try to get gud
>go to first tournament
>Get bodied
>Holy shit this is amazing
>Best guy there is a fat manchild but everyone respects him
>Skip 2 years forward
>Now literally the best in my region, people look up to me, everyone asks me for advice
>Starting to actually become a little known in general
Anyone can do it. Just practice. Good luck anon.
>>
pls be in norcal
>>
File: 1413608185621.png (119KB, 494x471px) Image search: [Google]
1413608185621.png
119KB, 494x471px
is it just me or does faster melee 5.0 feel worse?

none of my settings changed but it feels like ass now
>>
>>378472671
midwest why
>>
>>378473703
so I can stomp your nerd ass with my month-old falco
>>
>>378470417
>-Used the gentleman's rule to play on a banned stage in a tournament
Yes, several times. Mostly Corneria.

>-Switched to Zelda mid-match (not trolling like m2k)
I do when I play Sheik but I don't main her or use her in tournament.
If you're on your last stock and can't recover with Sheik you might as well switch, I don't know why people don't. And zelda's OK against ICs considering that Sheik struggles against them.

>-Landed Roy's fully charged B move
I haven't. Also it's better to release right before it's fully charged. The only time you'd get a chance to use it would be rest punishes (reverse blazer only works on Yoshi's story).
>>
Moving to a place with gigabit fiber, aww yeah. Been a year since I could last netplay, time to grind.
>>
>>378475946
How good of internet do I need? Mine is kinda shit and inconsistent but usable mostly.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.