[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Capcom making the right call to make their fighting games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 166
Thread images: 18

File: mom37.png (1MB, 1009x595px) Image search: [Google]
mom37.png
1MB, 1009x595px
Is Capcom making the right call to make their fighting games more accessible at the cost of loosing competitive player interest?

MvC Infinite is looking to follow the same path as Street Fighter 5.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSgA_nK_w3A
>>
nope
BECAUSE LITTERALLY EVERY OTHER FUCKING GAME DOES THIS SHIT

WHEN YOU DUMB DOWN MECHANICS YOU CAN DO LESS STUFF IN A GAME JUST SO IT LEADS TO EVERYONE DOING THE SAME EXACT REPETITIVE SHIT.

THE NES AND SNES GENISIS HAD IT RIGHT
SIMPLE TO LEARN
IMPOSSIBLE TO MASTER

THEY ARE MAKING GAMES MORE SIMPLER BUT THERE IS NOTHING TO MASTER SO YOU JUST GET A LITTLE PIECE OF A GAME AND NOT A FULL EXPERIENCE
>>
smash melee is a platforming fighting game
Items and stages doing things do not make it lesser then a platforming fighting game
Sakurai just hates his fanbase.

There will be a time again when this easy bullshit will take aside to a greater video game community
>>
>>378456905
oh god, please no.

please

I just want to talk about fighting games without you faggots bringing up this smash vs street fighter bullshit

i don't care, no one actually cares
>>
>>378455554
>>378456480
i guess its easier to simplify the game then to teach players how to play your game
>>
>>378457076
PLEASE DONT TALK ABOUT IT

when it is in the video

Sakurai just hates nintendo fans who actually like nintendo games

That is the reason I have not supported nintendo since TP came out because they refuse to make good games.

I love street fighter

I love melee

SF is a 2d fighter

Melee is a evolution of the 2d fighter where you can move around platforming sandbox fighter

Both games can become different things.

I love melee id play a sf version of melee that is not casualized like brawl or smash 4

I love sf id play a melee version of sf which is regular fighting.

I like games where you have to think to do things.
Twitch shooters
Twitch fighters.
Nes
snes titles.
There needs to be more games where you base yourself off of reaction skill.
>>
>>378455554
My ten year old nieces fucking love SFV. That alone makes it worth it. Hardcore players should just relax until they release SFV Tournament Edition ULTRA version specifically for EVO.
>>
stop shilling your video.
>>
>>378457597
That is a problem https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDOZbvE01Fk&t=206s
>>
>>378457716
>Children enjoying video games
>A problem
Its finally come to this.
>>
>>378457478
Stop formatting your post like a fucking autist.
>>
>>378458020
Not that but there should be a mixture of easy games and very hard games.

Are we going to evolve into games where you press a button and it preforms a combo for you?

Or where you hit a motherfucker and you freeze till someone hits you

Games are too politically correct now a days
>>
>>378458223
With your skills of rearranging my words you can get 8 dollars an hour

moving items around over and over and over and over and over and over just for it to change 5 minutes later.

that is the perfect job for you.

take your ocd and shove it up your ass you faggot.
>>
Why it is only a problem when Street Figther does it? . Every figthing game series in the last 5 is more casual friendly now.. you can win in Injustice 2 spamming the same proyectile whit Deadshot over and over again
>>
>>378455554
>loosing
>>
>>378459569
NRS games were always casual as fuck
>>
>>378459569
I said
all games do it

It needs to change
>>
File: 이엑스아이디.jpg (203KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
이엑스아이디.jpg
203KB, 1920x1080px
if you haven't noticed, competitive games are about the illusion of skill now instead of actually having skill. no one wants to put the time and effort in defending archaic mechanics, they just want to pretend that they're naturally gifted then blame "balance" when they lose
>>
>>378460117

we need video games to be about skill again
>>
guilty gear xrd did it right, sf5 is just garbage. it only has a larger playerbase because people are retarded, but eventually, they'll catch on
>>
>>378460117
This. I can't believe Overwatch one best "competitive" game of the year, when it doesn't have any of the shit that makes it a competitive game. Certain characters don't even require you to aim and you just press Q at the right time to win
>>
>>378455554
Go ask Blizzard how well WoW is doing.
>>
>>378455554
Its either they make it more accessible or the game dies. Look at Starcraft, there is pretty much almost no amount of luck involved yet its a dead game. You have to be hardcore korean with 300 apm to be even competitive at the game.
>>
>>378460749
they're dumbing down starcraft with the hd remake, they're adding hotkey rebinding support which some people are saying reduces the skill required to play
>>
>>378455554
yes

thats like trying to appease quake fags to make a pure quake game so only 1000 players can have their perfect game. Truly a great business decision.
>>
>>378460373
This

Telling you core audience to go fuck itself to try to make a quick casual buck doesn't work
>>
>>378461203
It might seem alright in the short term but it really fucks your player base in the long run.
>>
>>378461178
>build up goodwill making a great game
>shit on the people that like it 15 years later to cash in that good will
>"good business"
fuck off
>>
>>378461372
>this post
literally what
>>
does capcom still release a street fighter every year or 2? If so fuck that, why do you neckbeards support that bullshit?
>>
Any good competitive community has three tiers. Casuals that just wanna pull off a cool victory by getting that ultra combo on you, masters of technique that study every mixup and learn frame data to have as much of an edge as possible, and people in the middle that can get that infinite combo out but don't take it so seriously that they're even bothering to try to qualify at EVO or whatever. You can't put all your eggs on one basket with this, it's a careful balance. Otherwise it dies from a lack of new blood or a lack of any actual depth to build a competitive community around. I mean, let's ignore fighting games. GB Tetris is a very simple game in concept that anybody can play but in execution there's a very clear skill gap between Johnny A. Nobody dying immediately at level 9 because they can't keep up and Jimmy B. Somebody using smart T-spins to get a score well into the hundred thousands.
>>
>tfw league of legends require more skill than street fighter V
>>
I blame niggers
>>
>>378455554
Even if SFV had tighter input SFV would still be shit. Load times, baby normals, input lag, and a very homogeneous playstyle has nothing to do with making it easier to beginners. I guess homogeneity may help newbies learn faster, but not by much and it won't be fun to learn.
>>
>>378455554
The problem with these games is that they're simplifying the games, but then removing all the single player features that casual players actually like.

I freaking hate Street Fighter, but I loved the shit out of Rival Schools/Project Justice and Soul Calibur and that was mostly due to the single player content being super fucking fun.
>>
>>378455554
>I can't autistically ruin games for people! WAAHHHH!!!

Go outside.
>>
>>378462398
reddit called, you're needed in /r/all
>>
>>378459569
>fireball spams are new
>>
>>378462262
I can't believe /v/ has super casuals that like this shit now.
>>
>>378455554
Who cares? Fighting games are trash.
>>
>>378463302
/v/ has always hated fighting game what the fuck are you talking about? Most of /v/ can't do 1 frame links and have always complained about motions being overly complicated.
>>
File: epic.png (7KB, 747x35px) Image search: [Google]
epic.png
7KB, 747x35px
>>378463005
How did you know?
>>
>>378462398
GOOD GAMEPLAY IS WHEN YOU LIMIT ALL PEOPLE PLAYING THE GAME!!!!!
>>
>>378455554
dogma was their last decent game
>>
File: 1484514274087.jpg (878KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1484514274087.jpg
878KB, 800x1000px
>>378455554
From a purely financial standpoint? Sure.
Dumb it down so more people can play it, so more people will buy it. Widen your consumer base.

From an enthusiast's standpoint. (i.e. the people who actually really care about the game) No it's a horrible idea. All you do is alienate people who enjoy the challenge and complexity in an effort to bring in people who probably won't care to play much or participate in any scene or community.
Fighting games should aim to better teach players and break them in slowly to all the tech, terminology and execution nuances the game has instead of just removing them. Bring the players UP to the game, don't bring the game DOWN to a demographic that probably doesn't care much in the first place.

But hey as long as you get that sale, so who's the real asshole here. Me, I guess.
>>
>>378457597
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCvzgylBaO4
>>
>>378460117
hani a cute
>>
Accessibility isnt the issue.

It's shitty netcode, server issues, focusing entirely too much on DLC, and ruining their competitive scene with freemium shit. SFV is never going to be finished, and thats the problem we're facing.
>>
>>378464129
Dumbing shit down is part of the issue too
>>
No

I mean shit I'm playing THPS3 right now, it's a godlike game. I wouldn't give a shit if I didn't feel like I had to earn those 50,000+ combos every time or like I wouldn't eventually learn how to get them to 100,000+ if I keep practicing.

>>378456480 gets it. Most important thing in the world when you want both the players and the viewers to care is to make something easy to learn but hard to master. Anybody can pick up THPS3 and understand the controls but it takes real dedication to get a high score actually worth bragging about. Being able to watch something and say "why can't I do that?" or " Someday, that'll be me." is why people care.
>>
>>378464268
Before you can attack the gameplay, you must first attack what is thwarting any gameplay.
>>
File: 하니.jpg (131KB, 500x774px) Image search: [Google]
하니.jpg
131KB, 500x774px
>>378464106
she's super tall too!! at least in the right shoes
>>
>>378462398
you realise you're posting on 4chan right retard? Kek
>>
>>378455554
SF3 was already a casualized slow-paced version of SF2 and the SF Alpha series.
>>
>>378460308
This
>Move stick left or right
>Hit special button
>Special move comes out
This is all they need to fucking do. It only works for singleplayer, and give them a ton of single player shit to fuck around with.
>>
>>378455554
That video was a fucking joke. If they keep the skill cap high there is no way for people to ever catch up to those who have played for 10+ years. Time played should be rewarded but when its some absurd amount of time like 10+ years then its time to rethink things. A player should be able to hop in and compete within a few months of play if they are actually good.
>>
>>378466005
sports next
>>
>>378466005
>A player should be able to hop in and compete within a few months of play if they are actually good.
lol fuck off
>>
>>378466005
>A player should be able to hop in and compete within a few months of play if they are actually good.
That's actually what happens when they are actually good, actually good at fighting games.
There is no universal video game skill that applies across all genres.
>>
File: casualization.jpg (29KB, 672x416px) Image search: [Google]
casualization.jpg
29KB, 672x416px
>>378455554

No, it's not.
>>
File: 1465853733907.gif (607KB, 187x220px) Image search: [Google]
1465853733907.gif
607KB, 187x220px
>make difficult game
>"wow, Capcom, I only suck because of 1frame links, take those out! Fighting games should be about minds games and strategy, not execution"
>make easy game
>"wow, Capcom, I only lose because this game is luck-based due to lack of complexity. If everybody can do the max level damage combos, how am I supposed to win?"
You made this bed throughout ALL of fucking SFIV's lifespan by bitching about it non-stop, now lie on it.
>>
>>378466005
And that's what happens, you fuck.
Stop deluding yourself thinking a good player can actually get stuck.
>>
>>378467601
No they can't cause these fucking autists who have been playing for 20 years all expect to just keep winning all the prize money from events and when they lose the game sucks.
>>
>>378459569
>. you can win in Injustice 2 spamming the same proyectile whit Deadshot over and over again
Yeah, and you could do that with Sagat too.
>>
>>378455554
What they need to do is leave the mechanics deep, but create casual content like single player experiences.

The problem is they keep scrapping the things casual players actually care about which is solo/arcade modes and instead they leave a super bare-bones training mode and an online mode and wonder why nobody is playing it. Then they blamed the barrier of entry on the complexity and dumbed that down further driving away competitive players.

Basically make a game with a low skill floor, a high skill ceiling and fun single player modes and it will do well.
>>
>>378455554
>MvC Infinite is looking to follow the same path as Street Fighter 5.
Explain.
>>
MvCI looks more complex than MvC3 if you take the auto-combo shit out.
>>
>>378467817
explains why they took sagat out of sf5
>>
>>378467746
Yes it does.
If the player is actually good, that player will be able to compete.
There's no other way of cutting it: if you aren't capable of competing, you aren't good.
>>
File: 1487516588667.png (199KB, 570x521px) Image search: [Google]
1487516588667.png
199KB, 570x521px
>>378455554
>gets laughed out of /fgg/
>takes his shitty video and exact same post to /v/
>>
>>378467914
Auto combos have been in Marvel since the console port of MvC 1, they also do shit damage and are easy as fuck to perform compared to almost any other combo.
>>
File: 1482797464073.webm (2MB, 584x428px) Image search: [Google]
1482797464073.webm
2MB, 584x428px
>this angers the casuals.

Git gud fuckers.
>>
>>378455554
>loosing competitive player interest?
The FGC is fucking tiny
>>
>>378464320
>I mean shit I'm playing THPS3 right now, it's a godlike game. I wouldn't give a shit if I didn't feel like I had to earn those 50,000+ combos every time or like I wouldn't eventually learn how to get them to 100,000+ if I keep practicing
I am pretty sure you just watched that Youtube video that one guy made about Tony Hawks 3 and want to flaunt that opinion as your own. It's almost word for word what the youtuber said. That's absolutely pathetic.
>>
>>378468231
>win the footsie game
>still lose
Look, I like my fair share of kusoge, but Third Strike should never be posted proudly, let alone M*koto wembs.
>>
>>378467890

This. The problem with Capcom was believing that what kept casuals away from the game was the execution barrier.
Surely, high execution does matter, but what makes a casual interested in the competitive is content enough to make him love the game and want more.
>>
>>378455554

If making a game more accessible means adding input lag to make sure it controls like ass for everyone, then I don't want accessible games.
>>
>>378468482
>force a shoryuken hoping it lands
>gets rekt instead.
Git
Gud
>>
>>378468231
3skuso
>>
>>378468693
>win footsie game
>still lose because you made a mistake
I guess you play Laura in SFV or Seth in SFIV.
>gitting gud means 50/50ing your way to victory
You sure are "gud".
>>
>>378468482
He got rewarded for beating the other guy at footsies, he went full YOLO with that H dp and paid the price, can't see anything kusoge about ittbh.
>>
>>378457478
>>378458383
who let 'tismo out
>>
>>378468693
yoooo mahbelbaybeeh
>>
>>378468930
>He got rewarded for beating the other guy at footsies
He didn't win at footsies, he won after getting facefucked and doing 1 combo.
>>
File: 1486454696800.webm (3MB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1486454696800.webm
3MB, 1024x576px
>>378468482
What is going on here?
>>378468892
You can't tell me that guys moves at wasn't predictable as fuck. You can see him trying to set up that shoryuken that's why he got his ass handed to him.
>>378468994
No it's street fighter.
>>
>>378468930
>>378468693
>get fucked the entire round
>land a single grab
>win
take off those nostalgia goggles
>>
>>378468610
I'm curious, why would you program input lag into a game instead of adding the same amount start up frames to attack animations? Wouldn't the results be the same without the game apparently lagging?
>>
>>378469318
It's called baiting an opponent anon.
>>
>>378468693
Gitting gud is a time investment in any fighting game, so I'd rather put that time into a good one like Xrd. Niche weebshit or not, it rewards good timing, execution, matchup knowledge, and creativity.

All things that are lacking in the SFV experience and what decides who wins in that game. There are rock, paper, scissors elements in all fighting games but that's all that is happening in an SFV match. You jump sometimes because you think they're looking for your dash-in, you buffer normals sometimes because you think they'll dash in, you wait sometimes because you think they'll jump, you shimmy sometimes because you think they'll tech your throw, you throw sometimes because you think they'll respect your shimmy, you hit buttons on wakeup sometimes because you think they're baiting your ex dp, you meaty sometimes because you think they'll hit buttons on their wakeup. This is the extent of "mindgames" and "reads" in SFV, and whether you're aware of these situations or not as a spectator it makes the game boring as fuck. The only people still invested are the idiots that want "upsets" and to talk shit about how "washed up" their e-sports celebs are when they lose to a shimmy mixup because SFV has no defensive options. The FGC is complete cancer for letting this game live on as long as it has.
>>
>>378468231
>ST has ToD
>Perfectly fine guys!
>A3 has long ass Original Combos
>Perfectly fine
>Makoto has full meter and the other player makes one of the most punishable moves in the game and dies because of it
>Kusoge!!!
>>378469318
Yeah right, because other modern fightings don't let you kill your opponent at full meter.
>>378469107
Learn reading comprehension senpai
>>
>>378460318
probably because overwatch isn't about aim dipstick, it's about ult management and awareness
>>
>>378459569
>people can't deal with zoning
>WAAAAAH THIS IS CHEAP

Of course you get more people bitching about Deadshot because, big fucking surprise, a whole lot of casuals who just want to button mash and do the super moves bought the game.

Casuals should ALWAYS be ignored when it comes to mechanics. NRS does a good job of feeding them extra content like story mode and arcade-like ladders, and now even gear that lets you dress up your character and make them stronger. I remember everyone bitching about Jaqui in MKX being cheap for the first month, them everyone figured her out and that was that. Same with Sentinel in MvC3. Same with Sagat in SF4.

Casuals will ALWAYS bitch, and catering to them is not the way to go.
>>
>>378469357

Ain't startup frames the amount of frames a move does before getting a hitbox, and not the amount of frames it takes for a move to start? The only thing it would happen is that jabs would look like mediums.
>>
>analysis

how r*ddit can you get

and FUCK these tryhard complainers. 1 frame links and FADC made SF4 almost unplayable for no gain in depth

actual criticism of SFV is about the mechanics like backdash and crush counter and vtrigger cancel. Xrd has a 3 frame input buffer too
>>
File: 1468691142433.png (115KB, 474x200px) Image search: [Google]
1468691142433.png
115KB, 474x200px
>>378469560
>because other modern fightings don't let you kill your opponent at full meter.
not from full fucking HP they don't. 65% at the absolute highest unless you're talking about TAP's or some meme like that

>>378469427
>i was merely baiting him by losing 70% of my lifebar
too many dimensions of chess for me anon
>>
>>378469560
Most /v/irgins started with SFIV so ToDs are broken and scary for them, no wonder why V was so shit.
>>
>>378469269
>what's going on here?
Your webm?
>it was predictable
Yes, doesn't make it any less trash. Do you condone losing the game for making a mistake against Laura/Balrog?
>>
>>378468461

The fuck are you on about? I bought it and picked it up for the first time in February and just been having a good time.
>>
>>378469692
>not from full fucking HP they don't. 65% at the absolute highest unless you're talking about TAP's or some meme like that
Nope, look at Marvel or KoF XIII.
>>
>>378469828
you're right actually, was more talking from a street fighter POV
>>
>>378469560
>Learn reading comprehension senpai
Well, I got that wrong. But it doesn't change the fact that he lost the game for a mistake.
>>
>>378469560
ST actually has good defensive options, normals, and zoning tools to keep you from getting ToD'd though. It's possible to rely on your reactions in that game too. If you get shit on in ST you either got counterpicked or you legitimately fucked up. In SFV you just guessed wrong, more times than not.
>>
File: Untitled.png (40KB, 581x330px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
40KB, 581x330px
Was he right?
>>
>>378469736
This.
>>378469910
Where did that post mentioned V?
>>
>>378468231
>air parries
Shittiest mechanic there is, even A3 airblocking was better.
>>
>>378469994
I'm just bringing it up because most people that praise 3S are loud SFV shills. I don't care for 3S myself but I respect it.
>>
>>378469550
>i can't git gud because x.
It's ok anon it's not for everyone.
>>
>>378455554
I'm hoping they are doing this and focusing a lot more on esports to bring in a new audience, the fact that the game is easy to play makes the new player that discovered fighting games through tournament stream more likely to stay.

Hopefully the next one should be more technical.

Please capcom I'm tired of your shit at least make it more neutral based I don't care about lengthy hard to do combos
>>
>>378469357

It would be a similar concept, but it would also create a domino effect where every move has to have a massive amount of start up frames added, which fucks with medium and hard attacks and stops reversals from existing at all.

If you hate SRK spam now, imagine it in a game where the fastest jab is 9 frames.
>>
>>378469873
Only IV and V lack those, maybe EX series too. But ToDs have been present in most old SFs so calling 3rd strike a kusoge because a full meter combo killed them is quite dumb.
>>
>>378470181
I can't git gud because the game's randomness and simplicity keeps me from enjoying it. There are very very few people that can succeed at a game they hate, and I'm not Phenom.
>>
File: 1484719541274.jpg (55KB, 640x628px) Image search: [Google]
1484719541274.jpg
55KB, 640x628px
>hey guys lets make this fighting game more accessible to a wider audience
>ok cool check this out i have this amazing story mode set up
>LMAO STORY MODE FUCK THAT SHIT
>>
>>378462035
>baby normals
Stop playing bottom-tier Ryu then.
>>
>>378470340
ToD in 3S still required a reset even as Chun-li.
>>
File: 1489504101709.png (136KB, 1210x1190px) Image search: [Google]
1489504101709.png
136KB, 1210x1190px
>>378455554
>Capcu.ck apologists
kek
>>
>>378470510
>dude this NRS game has a hella epic story, all the casuals love it
>alternate universe superman is totally hitler for some dumb reason

nah fuck that. what a waste of time
>>
>>378470176
I haven't played SFV but it sounds meh. 3rd strike has it's issues but the people complaining about that webm are over exaggerating something that's been present in most 90s SF titles.
>>
>>378469658
If you were actually playing the game at a respectable level, you'd know that zoning isn't Deadshots biggest problem, it's only 1 part. Dead shot has impressive frame data, 50/50 mixups, invincible wake up, meter building for blocked shots leading to endless pushback and yes a good zoning game.
>>
>>378470814
There's only ~100 people per continent (bar Asia) that play fighting games on a meaningful level

Once casuals understand that things might change
>>
>>378470906
It is meh but if you find a character you love you'll have fun. I fell in love with the way Birdie plays and that's the only reason I play SFV.
>>
>>378469318
That's what grapplers usually do, yeah.
>>
>>378470774
ToDs in 3S require more resources or requirements to work compared to ToDs in ST, some of them aren't too viable too.
>>
>>378470946
The only person who plays deadshot competitively is sonic fox, who has like 7 characters ready the instant deadshot is figured out. He even swapped to black adam at combo breaker in top 8.
>>
>>378471193
ST combos like that were extremely uncommon. Alpha is the only SF that has real ToDs and they're hard to do.
>>
>>378455554
dumbed down to let normies in
>>
Honestly, despite SFV having tons of flaws it's still the best fighting game this gen. After watching GG, T7, and other games at CB this weekend, I understand why it's still the GOAT.
>>
>>378455554
>Bringing up the lupe fiasco daigo match to prove your point about accessibility.

That shit was the most blatantly staged shit ever, for fuck sake daigo wasn't even doing DPs to anti air all the jump in the other dude did.
>>
>>378471490
bait.jpg
>>
>>378455554
MvC:I doesn't really look dumbed down
>>
>>378471490
This.

As someone who is currently hyped for playing Tekken 7, I can't stand watching it. And don't let me get started on the clusterfuck that is GG.
>>
>>378471069
I guess it can be fun but some changes sound just bad.
>>378471370
Yeah, a big part of ST was never letting the opponent get in position to do a deep cross up that can lead to dizzy.
>>
>>378471553
MvCI will probably be more complex than any other fighter still. Caphaters are delusional.
>>
>>378471524
He never said it wasn't staged
It's very clear it was staged because that was their entire approach with SFV though.
>>
>>378459569
don't let nrs games form your opinoin on the rest of fightan, theyre pretty different.

the issue with sf5 is that there is no more execution skill, where as other games still have it, usually in the form of movement. sf5 is just left and right, and tap an up direction for a mixup.

Why is it such a big issue with SF5? Whether you like it or not, there is a significant audience thats in it for the sport. Clutch is a real skill, one which makes a great spectacle.
>>
Does SFV have the most fake hype ever seen in the FGC?
>>
>>378472019
No, that's Tekken 7.
>>
>>378471728
He put a clip of a combofiend interview where he's like
>the fact that this can happen really proves the accessibility of the game

Now of course he wan't going to answer
>Nah man that shit was staged lol

But anybody that actually played a SF game before knew it was fake.
>>
>>378471654
I can't say I don't hate season 2 since I playe ryu in season 1 as well but the new changes are overall good even though balrog isn't getting nerfed really at all and fucking Cammy is getting buffed but at least Birdie will be performing at his best since he'll have his new offense with his old defense.
>>
>>378469676
>1 frame links and FADC made SF4 almost unplayable for no gain in depth
?
>>
>>378468231
3s is retarded but at least it's the fun kind of retarded. The unga shit requires more commitment and use the super bar instead of a revenge meter.
>>
>>378455554
No, because unlike other games, where people don't play Strategy RPG games because there is too much to process. People don't play Fighting games just to play them, or if they do, they don't play for long. No one that seriously wants to get into fighting games, or knows fighting games, plays them because they are simple, they play them because it is a real challenge and to test their skill against another person.

Capcom has confused the people playing, with the people watching. Capcom has fallen for the 'You should press a button and something cool should happen', not realizing that it is the setup and execution that gets crowds going, not just that it was cool to see.

Simple and Flashy can only hold interest for so long and then everyone has seen it already and are bored, so they move on. Maybe this is what they want, maybe they are planning on continually pumping out extra content, new fighters, new iterations, every freaking year again, but I doubt it will be received well.
>>
SFV is garbage
>>
File: 1451653302344.jpg (231KB, 890x932px) Image search: [Google]
1451653302344.jpg
231KB, 890x932px
>>378455554
>that burn from Skullgirls
Based.
>>
I'm still on the fence about buying tekken 7. What's the general opinion on /v/? Yes or no?
>>
>>378467521
I am laying in it. I think SFV is great, but there are some issues that need tackling, such as the one sided rollback, and the lacking balance patches so far.
>>
File: laughing8.jpg (47KB, 460x276px) Image search: [Google]
laughing8.jpg
47KB, 460x276px
Lets get this shit started
>/v/ talking about fighting games
>>
>as if casualizing games leads to lower sales

Skyrim and Fallout 4 are the best selling titles in their series and have been casualized to hell and back.
>>
I actually like playing SFV at least offline, but have you watched the RBK this weekend ?

That fucking combo contest was laughable.
>>
>>378475082
Pretty much this.
>>
File: img2030.png (409KB, 750x311px) Image search: [Google]
img2030.png
409KB, 750x311px
>>378471553

Capcom initially said that MvCI was going to made more accessible for a wider audience.

After a few news articles regarding the change a Capcom devs spoke out about it:

>Marvel Games executive producer Mike Jones and Capcom's Michael Evans spoke at length about how Infinite's efforts to be more "accessible" do not come at the cost of depth. Starting off, the pair said hiring professional gamer Peter Rosas AKA Combofiend was a big part of ensuring the skill ceiling doesn't fall.

>Jones went on to say that, from an early point in development, Marvel and Capcom knew that Infinite's accessible nature would be a "big discussion point" among fans. He went on to claim that, while the game is "simplified and elegant," players actually have more options available to them, thanks to the Infinity Stones and other new features.

Combofiend was also involved in SFV and we know how that turned out.
>>
>>378471685
Guilty gear continues to exist
>>
>>378474981
I like SFV too, I'm not saying that it's bad, I'm just calling out those who are now complaining about the lack of high execution after crying for it for years.
>>
>>378455554
Just give me easy commands.
No autocombo. just no bullshit like shoryuken or half circle commands.

Sure if you master one character you can perform the commands with no problem but the problem is you will be stick to only one character while you will still be a noob with most of the characters.
>>
>>378478271
ultra sf2
>>
>>378479075
I will see if I can have this on steam.
>>
>>378455554

People who like fighting games:

>Will play for months either until a new one comes out or the scene dies

Casuals:

>If they get shit on they will say the game is broken and unfair and quit

>If they win all the time they will get bored of the game and quit
>>
>>378479276
wew guess I'm a casual for not playing SFV for more than a month then
>>
>>378455554
I don't agree with what Capcom is doing, but I don't mind it as long as other fighters exist to pick up the slack.

Guilty Gear, for example, is phenomenal.
So long as we've got that, Capcom can turn Street Fighter into a party game for all I care
>>
>>378458020
>every game has to be for children

no wonder /v/ can't DP
>>
>>378470946
>B-but deadshot is incredibly good and anyone can play him
>Watch the entire injustice 2 combo breaker tournament which had 10 hours of gameplay.
>Only 4 deadshot players
>sonicfox is the #1 deadshot player and had to change characters
>>
>>378455554

Never mind competitive. I'm ass at fighting games(though I've played a ton. Enjoy them just not good at them), and it doesn't feel right to me either.

I don't give an elephant's fat shit how you autists want to break it down by terminology and muh footsies muh rishirishirushdown muh swirlievorties. Even to people like me, the game just isn't that fun to play.
>>
File: 1495572383671.jpg (13KB, 480x358px) Image search: [Google]
1495572383671.jpg
13KB, 480x358px
>>378455554
>/v/
>fighting games
>>
>>378475960

Combofiend was just a likeable face to promote SFV.
He works in the production of MVCI. Since he is a Marvel player, it will be better than SFV with Woshige, an anime player, taking care of ot's balance.
>>
>>378455554
>>378456480
There's also the issue where they're much less exciting to spectate.
>>
>>378462398
Retard
>>
>>378478271
but all the characters use roughly the same inputs, though? If you can't perform a shoryuken input then you better have a good excuse, because there's a nigga who used to get top 16 at big tourneys playing with his goddamn mouth. And another fucker up little nigga with crab hands just took 2nd in Killer Instinct this weekend.

If you can't do the inputs, then you're telling me you are worse than a literally disabled person when it comes to coordination of the fingers.
Thread posts: 166
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.