[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Literally never fucking heard of this >Described as sci-fi

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 8

File: header[1].jpg (122KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header[1].jpg
122KB, 460x215px
>Literally never fucking heard of this
>Described as sci-fi Dark Souls in exoskeletons and shit
>rad.jpg
>It came out like two weeks ago

How the fuck. Was it any good or just another Lords of the Fallen flop?
>>
Combat is the weakest point of the game just like in lords of the fallen. And since the game is 80% combat it makes it all very tedious. Expect more bullshit deaths than every dark souls game combined.
>>
>>378447732

That's a bummer I just watched a gameplay trailer and it looked pretty fluid and mobile. Shame these guys just can't get their shit together because conceptually it sounded like a creative take on the formula.
>>
>>378447263

I've been loving it, I was surprised when I looked on steam and it didn't have nearly as many reviews as I expected. I'm really glad they decided to focus pretty much entirely on melee combat. There's not a lot of weapon variety but all of them are fun to use, and you can try out different builds really easily because your level ups just add slots for stats, instead of leveling up stats themselves, it gives a lot of flexibility in trying out new builds. Without multiplayer it probably won't have a very long shelf life, but I've sunk easily 20+ hours into it over the last week or two and I'm still thoroughly enjoying myself.

>>378447732

Disagree, the combat is satisfying as hell.
>>
File: 8fd.png (163KB, 481x349px) Image search: [Google]
8fd.png
163KB, 481x349px
>>378447732
Are Western developers simply incapable of making a good video game?
>>
>>378447732
>Expect more bullshit deaths than every dark souls game combined.

lolwut?

This game is easier thanks to slide attacks and the jump is actually a jump so you dont die over a shit item in every area.
>>
>>378447263
I was thinking of either getting dark souls 3 something edition or this one for the PC

Not sure which to pick but this one seems hella nice due to the sci fi shit
>>
>>378449906
Get DS3. Believe me. Sci-fi aspect is a sham to distract you from it's annoying gameplay.
>>
File: 12312312312.png (136KB, 400x266px) Image search: [Google]
12312312312.png
136KB, 400x266px
>>378447263
It improves a lot on Lords of the Fallen but still not nearly as good as any Souls game.
I dropped on area 3 or 4 because i got bored.
>>
>>378449906

The Surge has less content and no online, but I enjoyed it more than DS3, it's really up to you.
>>
>>378450072
Is it fine without playing the first two?
I had Dark Souls 1 when it came out on the xbox 360 but didn't play it that much and eventually got bored of gaming so I never played it again

>>378450203
I guess I'll go for whoever is cheapest(physical copies)
>>
File: 1491502079391.jpg (66KB, 620x515px) Image search: [Google]
1491502079391.jpg
66KB, 620x515px
The story begins as interesting, ends up being an incomplete mess. The difference in endings is just post credit dialogues.

The combat is somewhat fun, only if you can find the op combo that generates a respectable amount of energy on each weapon.

The enemies are sometimes bullshit, I'm too lazy to explain this right now.

I enjoyed it, but maybe only because I pirated it. If I'd payed for this game I'd be fucking pissed.

The aesthetic is god-like, though.
>>
Anyone else find themselves unable to finish a Soulsborne game?

Idk what the fuck is wrong with me. I ADORE Dark Souls but I always inexplicably end up getting distracted and pulled away from the game around Seath and never go back to it. Same thing happened to me in Demon's Souls.

I actually DID manage to finish BB but only one playthrough and never went back for the DLC.

I don't get it because my experiences with the games are some of my favorite in vidya too.
>>
>>378447263
combat is pretty shit and gets boring after an hour or 2
>>
>>378447263
>Was it any good or just another Lords of the Fallen flop?

it was a LotFflop
>>
It's incredibly tedious and boring. The setting is just a generic abandoned industrial complex, the main character is bland as stale bread, the gameplay is paint by numbers, and the story is nonexistent.

The graphics are okay, but that's about it.
>>
>>378450857
>the main character is bland as stale bread, the gameplay is paint by numbers, and the story is nonexistent.

To be fair you just described the Souls games too
>>
>>378451281

true
>>
5 B O S S E S
B
O
S
S
E
S

Shit game. Hope you like factories.
>>
>>378447263
Completed it last week.
Not a bad game, but your character is stunlocked too easily and heavy weapons feel too weak.
Quite glitchy, also, as i've often respawned and ended up falling through the floor.
>>
File: 1491945490788.jpg (33KB, 480x465px) Image search: [Google]
1491945490788.jpg
33KB, 480x465px
>>378450415
Also, the limb-cutting gimmick is regretfully only there to extend the gameplay by farming. For example, you'd need to cut 6 or more legs to upgrade your legs armor. The same applies to arms, body, head and weapons.
I guess that if you have OCD with collecting stuff, you might enjoy this.

>>378451435
That's because you did not use the energy axe, anon. That shit WRECKS.
>>
Played it and had fun.

Level design is about shortcuts instead of checkpoints.
World design is separate areas with different ways between them.
Lacks variety
Combat is bretty gud, I prefer it over souls combat at this point since you get to go faster than even BB with a twin rigged weapon.
Actual combos and timing incentives on presses

5 weapon types with mixed combos
5 bosses
6 areas
About 30 hours

Rent or pirate to see if you even like it since some hate the combat.
>>
>>378451728
>I guess that if you have OCD with collecting stuff, you might enjoy this.
>farming

wut?
I mean if you want to max all your gear but who the fuck does that in a souls game?
Keeping your own gear up is easy as shit.

Making all the new gear from schematics is where it can get kind of grindy.
>>
>>378451820

this sums up my feelings pretty much entirely
>>
>>378451820
>Not using the complete gorgon set
TF is wrong with you, anon?

>>378452058
Considering that almost every gear is shit until you find endgame weapons, then that means a lot of farming. It's a good thing you can get the gorgon set early.
>>
>>378447732
>>378448138
OP don't listen to that anon he's probably just some weeb shitposter who hasn't even played the game.

The combat is fluid and satisfying and is probably the game's biggest strong point. However it falls short in length and variety. The entire game takes place in the same industrial factory-type location and there are only 5 bosses. Also weapon and armor variety is pretty limited compared to a Souls game. Overall it's a fun game but I'd only pick it up for 20 bucks or less.
>>
>>378452419
>he runs out of stamina
Nah I'm good, twin rigged so I never run out. Gorgon is mediocre outside its helmet and if I'm using a set bonus its probably lynx.

I much prefer being a cool robot with bonus stats than a shitty security guard.
>>
>>378452687
>not being Bouncy Mc.Stabby
It's like you don't like going fast.
>>
>>378452687
>he actually like the look of the Gorgon helm

Holy shit what's wrong with you? It's the single worst looking piece of gear in the game.
>>
File: surgeQR.png (405KB, 502x519px) Image search: [Google]
surgeQR.png
405KB, 502x519px
>>378452893
What do you even mean?
I can dodge 15 times and still have 3 bars of stamina. Slide combos and twin staggers are my bread and butter as well.
BUT I was probably way over leveled too so my stat boosts were probably strong as shit.
>tfw lvl99 by the final boss because 40%+ scrap when backtracking for items

Anyone else feel like fighting multiple enemies is a clusterfuck? Sometimes it feels amazing and you fly between them like a madman and thats probably my favorite part.
>>
>>378453189
Not the look, the stat bonus you turd.
>he doesnt like having cheap drones all the time

Really makes dogbots easy
>>
>>378453189
Oh ok, that makes much more sense. I honestly hardly ever used the drone except for pulling enemies. Doesn't the MG/Black Cerberus helm give a huge bonus as well though?
>>
>>378453569
I'm retarded, meant for >>378453353
>>
>>378453189
I have a love/hate relationship with the helmet. On one part it's fucking hideous, on the other it's really detailed, with the scratches and everything, which makes looking at it somewhat pleasing.
>>378453281
>he likes to wait long times until star stabbing again
anon, plz.
>>
>>378453947
>he likes to wait long times until star stabbing again
I use twin rigged.
I'm recharged after 1 backflip boy-o

I will agree if you use heavy though, stamina regen is a lot more relevant then because you can actually run out
>>
I have to say that the only thing I really liked about this game was the special conditions in boss fights to get a better weapon. I know PAX and Big sister conditions are FUCKING BULLSHIT but I enjoyed it none the less.
>>
>>378454791
was kinda disappointed that the last two conditions were so mundane in comparison to the first three, but i think it's a really cool system otherwise.
>>
>>378455506
Whats the final boss one?

I did the same as cerb and didnt get a v2?
>>
>>378447732
>German videogame
D R O P P E D
>>
>>378456141
cut his sword arm off (believe it's his left arm from your point of view) in his second form. you get mimetic edge from killing him any other way, or claws of the gestalt for doing it that way.
>>
>>378456369
Ohhhh

Yeah I got the claws, good. All I need is big sisters v2 and the v1s
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.