[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>he gets upset over other people enjoying games that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7

File: 214291729161.png (53KB, 261x235px) Image search: [Google]
214291729161.png
53KB, 261x235px
>he gets upset over other people enjoying games that he doesn't like
>>
I can kinda relate.

>group of friends i always play with are suddenly massively into LoL.
>I fucking hate LoL.
>Try to get into it because i still wanna play with them.
>Nope.
>Get so mad because i just can't play with them anymore.
>End up playing single players games for about 2 months.

So glad that shit is over, LoL is absolute cancer.
>>
>>378439654
You should look further.
>he gets upset over other people enjoying games that he doesn't like(and not enjoying games that he does like, so he can't talk about it with these people)
>>
you got it wrong

I get upset over people enjoying things, not necessarily things I don't like
>>
>>378440443
>having only faggot fake friends
Here's the problem. Same case here, it's too fucking hard to find real life friends of the same kind these times
>>
>>378440443
>playing single player games

Kys loser
>>
File: 1421702393679.png (35KB, 582x515px) Image search: [Google]
1421702393679.png
35KB, 582x515px
welcome to /v/
>>
>>378439654
Welcome to /v/ friend.
>>
>>378439654
>People supporting games like HoTs and OW that are complete embarressments to esports

I want esports to grow and flourish. I don't want peoples first impressions to be of these fucking fanservice, low iq shitty blizzard games that make us all look like complete fucking autists.
>>
>>378439654
because that means if people like that game, there will be more of those games and less of the ones I like.
see nuQuake, Overwatch, ASSFAGGOTS, etc
>>
>>378440443
>friend managed to stop playing it for 3 years
>got into it again because other faggots convinced him to play just one game
>>
>>378441251
He said while pirating good games
>>
>>378441103
>>378441251
And what does getting upset at these people accomplish, if anything?
>>
>>378440443
I am absolutely in this boat now, but its been a lot longer than two months.

>Friends jump into FFXIV
>Not going back into the pay to play MMO shit of all things
>ESPECIALLY before a huge expansion/taking more money
>Fuck it, let them play without me we have other side games
>Side games turn into shit like Heroes of the Storm
>Suddenly the only game i can play as a group is HoTs, which i play, try and cant stand
>They wont touch anything else
>Months of single player games and ignoring discord

I mean, on one hand im clearing through some of my backlog...on the other...i am starting to fucking hate both those games more and more.
I honestly thought they would get done with the MMO shit in a month or two, i think that may be a lost cause.
>>
>>378441410
Makes faggos like you, who care about how others see your opinion, uncomfortable
>>
>>378441423
Im glad I dislike most multi player games. Would be pretty annoying to be dependent on my casual friends.
>>
>>378441546
And again, what does doing so accomplish?
>>
>>378441615
Yeah, but the problem is these are all longtime friends who have moved around the country. So casual or not, i still want to hang and any shit game is better with friends.

Im an old fuck, so i only see one of them with any regularity. When all your friends get married, have kids, get jobs across the country/world its hard to keep in touch regularly.

Shit sucks, dont get old anon.
>>
File: 1494819749080.jpg (6KB, 295x378px) Image search: [Google]
1494819749080.jpg
6KB, 295x378px
>>378441896
>dont get old anon.

subtle "kys"
>>
>>378441896
Eh, that really does suck. But it's already happening to me. I'm finsihing my studies next month and will move out, my friends already moved out to their universities. We never really played much together though.
>>
>>378440940
Nice Bait
>>
>>378439654
>fgcucks
>genwunners
>meleecucks
>telliuscucks
>primecucks/1cucks
>genesis trilogy cucks/adventurecucks

Most autistic gamers
>>
File: 1403014791450.jpg (46KB, 500x373px) Image search: [Google]
1403014791450.jpg
46KB, 500x373px
>>378439654
I get upset when developers listen to people who don't care
>>
>>378442679
>like a series
>people keep complaining about 1 feature and say that's why they DON'T play it
>feature gets removed
>they still don't play it
>it's also not fun for you anymore
>>
>>378439654
I get upset when:

1) They can't explain why it's fun but still want to discuss it

2) They dismiss genuine criticism by resorting to the "it's subjective" excuse

3) Their tastes heavily influence what the videogame industry produces (if most people like x thing and you hate it, chances are you are getting more x and less of what you like)
>>
>people get upset at "PC'ucks" getting a game that consoles once had and constantly refer to the game as "scraps"
>they now start invading threads of other similar games falseflagging as PC'ucks begging for ports and ruining discussion entirely

I'm not sure who's at fault more here. The consolefags, or Sega for constantly giving PC ports of old games while conveniently making all their new games only for consoles.
>>
File: 3425234632445.jpg (27KB, 504x415px) Image search: [Google]
3425234632445.jpg
27KB, 504x415px
>>378442127
>>
>>378442970
1. Why would they need to do that in order to discuss it? You can discuss mechanics and content without explaining why they're fun

2. Most of the time it is subjective.

3. Agreed
>>
Any sale of a game I don't like is an increased chance of another game I don't like being produced.
If you buy games I don't like you are a direct threat to my entertainment.
>>
>>378440940
Not playing games that require multiple voices in your head whilst playing with humans. It's like you don't try.
>>
>>378439654
I get upset about people saying they enjoy Fallout 3 and 4. Bethesda ruined the series and it is because of these people it continues to get raped over and over.
>>
File: 1455390116388.png (379KB, 600x405px) Image search: [Google]
1455390116388.png
379KB, 600x405px
>>378439654
It's slightly valid if it's a sequel to a series you like that massively changes things in a way that you consider to be downgrades from how it used to be, and it's getting so much widespread support that the devs are receiving a signal to only make that kind of game from now on and never make the old kind of game. The reception is actively hurting your enjoyment of the series because it's causing the games you like to stop getting made.
>>
>>378439654
>he doesn't get upset when retards pay, play and "enjoy" shittier games that get shittier each year
>the jew devs will forever keep making half-assed low effort games because dumb fags buy games like fall out 4, mass effect andromeda etc
>>
>Person mentions game
>"Ah yeah, that game. It doesn't interest me that much."
>Person tries to shill the game to you, including the word "should"

Every fucking time.
>>
>>378443304
1. Without the concept of "fun" there is no judgement of good and bad elements, so nothing is being said about the quality of the game itself (the fun factor, which is essential to allow meaningful discussions)

2) There are objective factors that influence the resulting subjectivity, such as the fact we're all humans and share many psychological structures. Criticism lets us understand new factors we didn't take into account before, i.e: a man enjoys a game where all you have to do is press a button to win, just like that. Then criticism is made of the fact that the game is very linear and doesn't offer any challenges to any player, and the man gains new understanding of the game and stops enjoying it due to a bigger, richer perspective.
>>
I think Martin freeman is a cool guy.
>>
>>378439654
I'd only get upset if it's a game setting a bad principle that other companies copy like micro-transactions in full price games.
>>
>>378444441
>which is essential to meaningful discussion
Wrong. You can discuss mechanics, strats, story and content without mentioning or proving fun ever.
Two people who find the game fun don't need to convince each other why they. They just can talk about the game and maybe learn something new or share opinions.

2. You're implying that everyone would dislime a game where you press one button to win. Most would do it but even a majority is objective (see Mine craft or Over watch). If there's only one guy who likes this game then so be it. You could tell him why you dislike the game but those reasons are still subjective. He might say other games are too complicated for him. That's an opinion you'd have to deal with.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.