[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I get this or a Switch? I haven't owned a 3DS and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: new-2ds-xl.jpg (146KB, 1080x600px) Image search: [Google]
new-2ds-xl.jpg
146KB, 1080x600px
Should I get this or a Switch? I haven't owned a 3DS and only had the Castlevania games for the DS so the whole library is new for me.

Similarly, I never owned a WiiU so any ports are new territory on the Switch.
>>
3ds now, switch later.
chances are switch won't get many good games for a while.
or, you could wait until e3, see if nintendo announces anything that strikes your fancy for switch, and if not then buy a 3ds.
>>
There's a 3ds emulator

Theres no emulator for the switch

Get the switch
>>
What has more games? Get that one, Switch is pretty dead for now.
Or maybe you can find a cheap WiiU and play tons of games
>>
Not OP but a related question, why would one get the New 2DS XL over any other version? Just the price or is it actually built better?
>>
>>378427880
Get a n3ds.
Nintendo required a hardware revision to fix flaws in 3ds that allowed you to run homebrew.
>>
>>378428024

I'm holding out hope for a new Metroid on Switch. That or a proper Castlevania would be enough to get me to pull the trigger.

Honestly though, with the fact that I never owned a WiiU, the Switch already has a fair number of games I'm interested in.

BotW, MK8DX and Street Fighter II all look great. There's a lot coming this year too. It's one of the better launch lineups for a console in awhile.

If it gets Virtual Console support, it would be godlike.
>>
>>378429014
>>378428294

OP here. I'm a buyfag so I'm not really interested in emulation if pirating. Cheers, though.

>>378428662

For me, it's:

>No 3D
>Lighter
>As powerful as a N3DS
>Cheaper

Basically, it's everything I want out of a N3DSXL but without the shit I don't and for less money. Since I've never owned the console, it's a no brainer for me. If I'd owned a 3DS previously, especially a N3DS, I don't know if I'd bother.
>>
>>378427880
In my opinion 3DS is a waste of money now when the Switch exists, it will have many games that are SMO and BotW quality. It's just better spent on a Switch. I'd wait for E3 as well.
>>
Considering you haven't had a Wii U, I'd lean towards Switch, even though 3DS has a bunch of games.

Breath of the Wild will occupy your time for a while, Mario Kart 8 if you're into that, Arms in a month.

As far as third party get Disgaea, Shovel Knight, and all of the Metal Slug games if you haven't already played them.

The problem is that currently many of the games exist for other platforms, but if somehow you haven't already played them, Switch is a beast. Thankfully I hadn't played Disgaea yet so I'm getting plenty of use out of it.
>>
>>378429808

I own Shovel Knight but I don't see spending $30 on it. Still, when it's cheaper it will be great as a portable game.

Part of me is worried about buying before the inevitable hardware revision to the Switch. I know it's a few years out but I'm not looking forward to that feeling of resentment toward my console when a bigger, better version comes out.
>>
>>378430168
I'm hoping that the iteration of the Switch will be a dockless, portable bundle or potentially just a fancier dock. I can't see them abandoning the joycon ecosystem that they are trying so hard to create, so whatever the revision is, it will have to be very similar to whatever we have now. The Switch itself is just a black rectangle, so I'm not too sure what they'd do there either.
>>
>>378427880
Get a switch, it's picking up massive steam since it's been selling well
3ds is bound to start dying down soon even though Nintendo claims it's still going to stick around in an attempt to cover their ass

Plus the 3ds emulator is being worked on and already has some working games, where the Switch does not have an emulator yet
>>
Get a 3DS now and a Switch later, with the knowledge that owning both eventually will be ideal.
>>
Get a Switch now and a 3DS later.
>>
Get the n2DS
>cheap
>more portable
>lots of games
>BC to DS titles

by the time you've played everything on 3DS The Switch would probably have a cheaper, smaller version with a lot more games
>>
N2DS now, Switch later.
>>
>>378427880
Personally I'm more excited for the New 2DS.

I sold my 3DS a while ago after playing a couple games on it and now that the catalog is more filled out I'd be willing to get back into it.
Even if I wanted a Switch and it's catalog had games I can't find one so fuck it.
>>
I havent owned anything Nintendo since gc but I kind of want a 3ds for mh

How hard is it to put cfw on a 3ds and play pirated games? Will it not work with newer versions? What kind of 3ds should I get, there's like a million different ones? How does monster hunter play without analog sticks, seems awful?
>>
Wait for Black Friday for a Switch bundle.
3DS has enough game to last you a while.
>>
>>378430168
>>I own Shovel Knight but I don't see spending $30 on it. Still, when it's cheaper it will be great as a portable game.

The official price for the first two years of its existence was 15 dollars

it was raised to 25 (I think it's 25 now, anyway) because the addition of Spectre and King Knight makes it 4 different games

In their defense it's a longer game than Kirby which goes for 40 dollars
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.