[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So /v/ what are your top games that are generally considered

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

File: I always knew i was different.jpg (140KB, 670x503px) Image search: [Google]
I always knew i was different.jpg
140KB, 670x503px
>>
God Eater 2
Valkyria Profile
Revenant Saga
>>
File: life's simple joys.jpg (103KB, 570x450px) Image search: [Google]
life's simple joys.jpg
103KB, 570x450px
>>378425791
I've heard God Eater was pretty good. A friend of mine was a big fan of the show and he likes RPGs, would you recommend it?
>>
>>378426183
yes, it's a good game, don't listen to /v/.
>>
>>378426314
Thanks dude, I'll try and pick it up soon. Also, I have been recommended Final Fantasy Type-0, but I have been told that the motion blur is insane. True?
>>
>>378425239
Beat 'em ups in general
>>
Pathologic and the Void used to be niche, but they are quite popular nowadays
>>
>>378427353
Any particular favourite beat 'em up I should check out?
>>
>>378425239
The Legend of Grimrock 2 is one of the best games I've ever played. I bought it as a gift for three friends last Christmas and they all dropped it like 30 min in.
>>
>>378426969
I'd get FFT0, but iirc they patched the blur. I had really enjoyed it.
>>
>>378427416
What sort of games are they? Survival horror? They look really atmospheric. Nice.
>>
>>378427510
How does that compare to the other FF games?
>>
>>378427490
Well there's the obvious shit like the TMNT, Final Fight, Golden Axe, Battletoads and Streets of Rage games.

The Simpsons arcade
Aliens vs. Predator arcade
Ninja Baseball Bat Man
Cyborg Justice
Punisher arcade
Cadillacs & Dinosaurs
Spider-Man & Venom: Maximum Carnage
Comix Zone
Captain Commando
Arabian Fight
Denjin Makai
Battle Circuit
Mazin Saga
>>
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead
>>
File: ysoif.jpg (44KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
ysoif.jpg
44KB, 460x215px
The series is generally well liked here, but none of my friends know of the series.
>>
File: 62848d85eea06f9782fe715c32b6ba92.jpg (130KB, 826x1169px) Image search: [Google]
62848d85eea06f9782fe715c32b6ba92.jpg
130KB, 826x1169px
>>378428105
Not the anon you quoted but I'll try. Its nothing like other FF.

Action based combat much like Kingdom Hearts. Variety of the combat is split among the characters of which there are many due to how the story works. You basically control a group of people, each one with a special ability, you can only take a small number of them on each mission.

On the topic of missions, its how the game plays out. You have missions and free time between them to spend as you see fit. This makes grinding everybody on the group even more of a hassle since doing any meaningful action like raising affection with characters/NPCs by talking to them, going outside to world map, entering cities/dungeons etc. requires you to spend free time.

If you played Valkyrie Profile it feels very close to that. There's 2 endings I think but I never got far enough to see any. These types of restrictions burn me out easily, try it and see if you like it.
>>
>>378425239
srpgs
>>
>>378426969
there is no such thing as motion blur in FF Type-0
>>
File: download.jpg (301KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
301KB, 1000x563px
>>378425239
TIE Fighter
>>
A.C.E. 2 and 3
SRWZ 2.1 and 2.2
SDGGG Wars, World, Overworld
Sengoku Rance and Kamidori Alchemy Meister
>>
>>378425239
Fighting fantasy videogame adaptations
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.